Player Discussion Pavel Zacha

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
it’s the real deal baby I was big on zacha in his draft year

i was also hopefully eriksson would turn it around which he did partially but not close to dallas level

Zacha was in central scounting's top 10 that year (8? 9?), I think we all more or less just said forget about it where we were picking. When Barzal and Konecny both dropped I was sure that was who we'd take lol.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
it’s the real deal baby I was big on zacha in his draft year

i was also hopefully eriksson would turn it around which he did partially but not close to dallas level
incidentally I find that Zacha reminds me a lot of Loui (the good, healthy version) at times

Reactions: BMC

False Start

May 8, 2018
The rare athlete that actually improves after getting a big contract

He’s been much more assertive when it comes to shooting lately imo. That’s a great thing because his shot is maybe 2nd best on the team. Felt he overpassed a little at the beginning of the season as he was getting acclimated
He'll be a good player for years to come. Glad Sweeney locked him up.

That shot is lethal like you said.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
He did have 17 goals in 50 games in the 20-21 season for the Devs though in comparison to his 12 goals in 53 games so far this season with the Bruins. We'll see.
But yeah a ton more assists this year.

Reactions: BMC

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
The rare athlete that actually improves after getting a big contract

He’s been much more assertive when it comes to shooting lately imo. That’s a great thing because his shot is maybe 2nd best on the team. Felt he overpassed a little at the beginning of the season as he was getting acclimated

I just love his shot so much, so much force on it + it’s always hitting the post, just so satisfying

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
First three months: 3 goals

After Christmas: 12 goals

It's like they let him do his thing and find a comfort level, then had a yuletide intervention reminding him that he's a big fella that doesn't have to pick the corner from thirty feet every time and miss by two feet.

Just like the rest of this team, ridiculous.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That trip to Pearle Vision has been a game changer

Screenshot_20230116_141907_Chrome.jpg

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Can one of you do that side by side advanced stat comp between Zacha and Haula this year? Very curious.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
His shot is sneaky lethal. If he could work on his accuracy a bit he could be a 30 goal scorer easily. He’s a perfect fit on that line with Krejci making so much space and with all eyes on 88. He absolutely has the talent of a top 5 pick and everything seems to be coming together for him.

He’s looked great all year but his accuracy has absolutely improved since game 1. The player and his contract continues to age like fine wine.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
His shot is sneaky lethal. If he could work on his accuracy a bit he could be a 30 goal scorer easily. He’s a perfect fit on that line with Krejci making so much space and with all eyes on 88. He absolutely has the talent of a top 5 pick and everything seems to be coming together for him.

He’s looked great all year but his accuracy has absolutely improved since game 1. The player and his contract continues to age like fine wine.
Agreed on all points. That shot is insane. If he continues to work on it, especially during the off season? That snipe is going to work in our favor. I had no idea he even had that.

Reactions: HustleB

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The thing about Zacha is that he's always been this capable. I'm not sure what the issue was in NJ, but there was an issue.

In 2015-16 He played on a stacked Sarnia team with Jakob Chychrun, Travis Konecny, Jordan Kyrou among others. Zacha was dominant on the PP and a threat to score on the PK every time. The problem then, as it is now: He had/has a great shot but doesn't play selfish enough. He doesn't use it as often as he should.

I think the coaching staff will eventually get it out of him. I think he's got more to give.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad