Paul Maurice

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Maurice and TNSE had a good thing going briefly.
Then it plain got weird.
Laine was essentially bullied out of the room, Maurice attempted to patch things up.
Locker room was dysfunctional.
Maurice seemingly got tuned out eventually and had to literally quit , that’s rare.
Maurice used to comment that certain players didn’t need coaching, I am sure he was being sarcastic about that.
Scheifele and Wheeler took whatever shift length they wanted and back checked when they wanted ( not often )
I used to think Maurice enabled them but it seems to me they did whatever they pleased and Chipman had this odd fixation on coaching tenure ( He had extended Maurice that off season before he quit )
Long story short I hope Maurice gets his cup he deserves it.
I have to admit I was wrong about him.
You can't actually know any of this. You're guessing at best; making it up at worse.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
You can't actually know any of this. You're guessing at best; making it up at worse.
Okay whaddawegot.
He quit confirmed.
He went to Finland to see Laine confirmed.
Chipman had just extended him confirmed.
Scheifele and Wheeler were horrible confirmed.
Locker room dysfunctional confirmed by multiple sources confirmed.
So what did I make up exactly?

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Okay whaddawegot.
He quit confirmed.
He went to Finland to see Laine confirmed.
Chipman had just extended him confirmed.
Scheifele and Wheeler were horrible confirmed.
Locker room dysfunctional confirmed by multiple sources confirmed.
So what did I make up exactly?
You don't know anything.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
You don't know anything.

Maurice did say players like Wheeler and Scheifele did not require coaching and then a season or 2 later he added Kyle Connor to the list of players that didn’t need to be coached. Believe it if you want but it came directly out of Maurice’s mouth.
Never really sure what he meant by it.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Gerard Gallant was up for the Adams in the summer but was fired by the Panthers a roadtrip after going .500 through the first 22 games. He was left off the team bus, outside the arena, and had to call his own cab.

Pretty sure Maurice is getting dusted if the Presidents Trophy team misses the playoffs.

That was his choice.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Gerard Gallant was up for the Adams in the summer but was fired by the Panthers a roadtrip after going .500 through the first 22 games. He was left off the team bus, outside the arena, and had to call his own cab.

Pretty sure Maurice is getting dusted if the Presidents Trophy team misses the playoffs.
I don't think the Bruins are coming back in this series ....but if they do, Maurice is almost certainly gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad