Player Discussion Patrick Brown

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He has 3 seasons with more NHL playoff games than NHL regular season games, so he’s clearly somebody organizations think won’t hurt them when he’s out there. Found that interesting. Has some playoff run in Carolina and Vegas

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
He has 3 seasons with more NHL playoff games than NHL regular season games, so he’s clearly somebody organizations think won’t hurt them when he’s out there. Found that interesting. Has some playoff run in Carolina and Vegas
1688262304262.jpeg

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Seen some chatter that some figure him to be a Providence addition. I don't see it. You don't give a million and half dollars to a guy you "expect" to be playing in the minors.

Patrick Brown is your Nosek replacement.

its 800k a year.

peanuts.

50K more than last year and has split his time forever between leagues. I dont have an issue with it. It can vanish in the stroke of a pen.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
its 800k a year.

peanuts.

50K more than last year and has split his time forever between leagues. I dont have an issue with it. It can vanish in the stroke of a pen.
Not saying that there's issue to take. Just where management's heads are likely at.

If they wanted a vet for Providence, they would have signed a vet for Providence at AHL money. They gave Brown two years and a one-way contract. They signed him for the NHL.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think this is why. I don't honestly know much about Brown that I can't find on his stat sheet. I hope he works out!
Lol
Me neither other than what Sweeney said in his presser

On Tomas Nosek’s status with the team…

“It’s unlikely at this point. Patrick Brown is another really good, detailed player. He kills a lot of penalties… Geekie is over 50 percent; Brown is well over 50 percent on draws. Chris Kelly had pointed out that if a couple of our centers don’t come back and Charlie Coyle is our only right shot center, then maybe we should address that, and I think Geekie and Brown can do that and Brown can slide over to the wing as well.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
6'1 210

His last two seasons projected over 82 games

6 G

12 A

18 Pts.

55.8% on the dot

200 hits

On a 4th line for 800k.

I'm not sure what his defensive game is like or if he kills penalties. Seems like a willing but not adept combatant in the fisticuffs department. Can play RW or C. First reaction is his skating is below-average and may prevent him from being a full-time C despite good face-off #s (he can still take some draws). Likely gives 110% effort every night to even get this far.

He can help Boston at least in the short term. I'd be surprised if he doesn't break camp in Boston. Useful, cheap, reliable effort, and somewhat versatile. Just don't expect much offense. If he can repeat his past two seasons, there is value there.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Seems very annoying to play against from what I’ve seen in clips. Can’t fight worth a damn but slot him next to Lucic and let him piss the other team off

17 PIMs in one game against Florida. I would be curious what else?

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I guess… but what exactly are we expeting from that line? will they even be able to catch up and hit the other team players? That seems like a slow and old line made to fail. But like you, hoping for the best.
Could absolutely go poorly, if you put a speedy guy like Lauko with them it could also be the new Merlot with Lucic/Thornton-Brown/Campbell-Lauko/Paille

I may prefer Lauko higher up in the lineup though

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wally is that the case with most of our signings? Easy to send to AHL at litte penalty?

all but Looch. He has a NMC. Frankly even without it I never see him being waived/demoted.

I believe you get $1.075 M relief by waiving and demoting a player from whatever their contract is. The balance would still count against the Cap. For most of these guys it would be zero or near zero.

If I’m wrong @DominicT will correct me.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad