HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Crazy ending

Oiler defense is just far to suspect to be serious.

Im not sure if Vancouver is resilient or playing rope a dope. Their offense seems to be able flip an on switch but seems off most of the playoffs. They go through so many periods with 5 shots then explode for 3. Its generally not sustainable versus strong defensive teams

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I'm happy for Pickard. After Boeser scored, they showed his parents in the stands and it looked like his mom was about to cry. I'm sure they're over joyed now.

Oilers need to stick with him. He was steady. He finished with a .905 save percentage. Skinner was doing .775 lol
Knoblauch had the courage to move on from Skinner unlike Woodcroft last year.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I'm happy for Pickard. After Boeser scored, they showed his parents in the stands and it looked like his mom was about to cry. I'm sure they're over joyed now.

Oilers need to stick with him. He was steady. He finished with a .905 save percentage. Skinner was doing .775 lol

Skinner just doesn't have it when it counts.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Crazy ending

Oiler defense is just far to suspect to be serious.

Im not sure if Vancouver is resilient or playing rope a dope. Their offense seems to be able flip an on switch but seems off most of the playoffs. They go through so many periods with 5 and shots then explode for 3. Its generally not sustainable versus strong defensive teams
Neither team has what it takes against a complete team like the Dallas Stars.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Montgomery keeps delivering.

3RJk4yy.gif

z1EXuZt.gif

(thx to Koivu11 for the last gif)

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He was stingy. He didn't get fleeced as he never gave up a lot, but that conservative approach really made him waste prices prime years because he was always overly cautious. He could make a decent team in CLB but I doubt they'd be a cup contender.

I'm curious to see what he has learned. You have to assume he learned something from his mistakes right? I don't believe he is a complete moron like some think he is.

Made a lot of great moves and a lot of very bad moves. That was the frustrating part for me. Didn't really rebuild properly but Price did help push him up the standings faster. Draft power in 2012 and 2013 was high but it was weak drafts. Draft power from 14-16 was bad and his only good pick was traded for Drouin. Starting to show signs at increased draft power in 2017 but by then, it was too late.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I'm curious to see what he has learned. You have to assume he learned something from his mistakes right? I don't believe he is a complete moron like some think he is.

Made a lot of great moves and a lot of very bad moves. That was the frustrating part for me. Didn't really rebuild properly but Price did help push him up the standings faster. Draft power in 2012 and 2013 was high but it was weak drafts. Draft power from 14-16 was bad and his only good pick was traded for Drouin. Starting to show signs at increased draft power in 2017 but by then, it was too late.
Bergevin had good schmoozing skills but he really didn’t have a lot of intelligence or organization. He’d be fine if he surrounded himself with good people and let them do a lot of the analysis but I doubt his ego would have let him do that in Montreal. Maybe he learned what he can’t do.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad