Other Domestic Leagues 2023/24

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barco is going to be dynamite offensively. If he continues to progress he should be a top LB for any team.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Be honest how hard did I hype him? I thought I was more reserved but cant remember exactly.

Hard not to be excited about Marcelo clone. :P
Honestly I don’t remember. I only remember after MLS with slivers of before. Barco did have a ton of talent, and when he was healthy it showed, he just couldn’t stay healthy.

I’ll have to keep an eye on new Barco

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ugly scenes now bench clearing bust up. Not a lot of pushing but some commotion. Militio gets sent off then puts his hands on the ref. Security stepped in

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Romero saving penalties, you can watch it all day. The way he crouches down I dont think I seen that before.

Barco best player for me today, and then steps up to take the winning shot. After boca miss a chance to win it, he walks up juggling the ball and casually places low grounded shot ala Messi v Lloris. Kid has ice in his veins.

Reactions: Power Man

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Swedish league right now:

Screenshot_38.png

I think Elfsborg or Häcken will take the gold. Malmö looked like shit lately.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barco might be the best player in the league atm. Every game he drives the offence.

But goes down injured and in tears sucks

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So apparently Dinamo has poached Rijeka's coach with the league already a few weeks in and the latter with an important game against Lille tonight in a move that has Croatian fans fuming (as reported live to me by a friend from the beaches of Istria :DD)

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
So apparently Dinamo has poached Rijeka's coach with the league already a few weeks in and the latter with an important game against Lille tonight in a move that has Croatian fans fuming (as reported live to me by a friend from the beaches of Istria :DD)

Yes, although there was a buyout clause, Jakirovic, the manager in question, didn't even say bye to the players etc almost like he snuck in the middle of the night to go to Dinamo. Rijeka fans are furious but I have little sympathy for them...Dinamo/Rijeka have a weird relationship, Rijeka sign a lot of Dinamo reserve players and have benefited from that in the past as often those guys despite not playing for Dinamo are still decent Croatian league standard players. The Rijeka president was also tight with Mamic when he was at Dinamo so there is some crocodile tears there and them two were influential figures in the Croatian federation. Also doesn't help that Rijeka-Hajduk has become a very bitter rivarly in recent years, the most recent incident being Marko Livaja not being called up to the national team because the next match is in Rijeka :laugh:

But speaking of the Croatian league, in a league with 10 clubs already 4 managerial changes with a 5th one likely by the end of the month, they are only 5 matches into the season
- Dinamo sacked Biscan, took Jakirovic from Rijeka
- Rijeka lost Jakirovic, took Sopic from Gorica
- Gorica still looking for new manager
- Istra sacked their manager after three games
- Prosinecki is already threatening to quit Rudes, bottom club of the league with no resources to compete, shows how far his managerial stock has fallen that he even took the job

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad