OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

IMG_5912.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Give me 4 game 7's in round 2 pls
That's gotta favor the Rangers, no?

I'm probably not gonna lose much sleep if the Rangers win the cup. I'm not gonna let it ruin my summer. It would be more annoying that they won the cup, while we continuously miss the playoffs. It would be a small consolation that only us and Tampa (in their 11th straight playoff series victory) were the last two teams to beat them and the only two teams to beat them in the playoffs since 2017. I like the West teams to beat the Rangers in the SCF, unless it's Vancouver. Colorado will be pretty beat up if they somehow come back though, unless they crush the WCF. I'm at the point where I may lean Rangers over Florida though.

But if Florida doesn't take care of business tomorrow night, I could totally see them blowing it in game 7 and Boston winning. My confidence in Bobrovsky is particularly low right now and my confidence in two straight cup finals apperances/deep playoff runs for a team coached by Paulie Eyes is pretty damn low right now.

I think the Rangers SWEEP the Bruins if they play them. 5 at most.

I don't give the Canes much of a chance, I think the Rangers end this tonight, but I could see them forcing game 7 and then the Rangers deliver the death blow.

Regardless, my confidence in Florida has taken a drastic hit. They've dicked around too long with Boston (they should have beaten them in 5, Boston aren't good) and Bobrovsky hasn't stolen a game all playoffs. His last game (a loss) might have been one of his best games these playoffs.

My confidence in Edmonton has somehow been rejuvenated, but cautiously rejuvenated. Pickard is Pickard, but the Oilers are the type of team that a mediocre goalie could be enough if McDrai go into beast mode and the offense kicks in. And it's all a plus if Pickard is better than mediocre, although he was better than mediocre last game and they were 30 seconds away from OT again.

Skinner was not giving them mediocre goaltending. Mediocre goaltending is what Bob and Andersen are doing.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So we can all just admit my sociopath strategy is moving closer and closer to mainstream status?

“People don’t want to say it. But part of the playoffs is trying to hurt every player on the other team,” Marchand said. “The more guys you take out, the more advantage your team has. People don’t say that. But that’s just a fact of the game. So every time you step on the ice, someone’s trying to hurt someone. That’s just how it goes in the playoffs."

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd love to see Carolina win tonight, I'm just not feeling it. Even if they do win, I think they're only teasing us for the coup de grace crane kick from the Rangers back at MSG in game 7.

Rooting for the Oilers tonight. The Oilers are a legit cup threat if they can get it going. I really don't think the Canucks are a cup threat at all.

Boston still remains by far the worst team in these playoffs. That's a huge blown opportunity by the Panthers for losing that game 5. Are the Marchand-less Bruins even a playoff caliber team at all? They were probably a wild card caliber team this year with him playing all 82 games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't trust the Panthers because they are gonna try to out goon the Rangers and the Rangers are really only effective if they have a powerplay
I don't trust the Panthers because Bob hasn't been the better goalie in either of the two rounds he's played so far and the Rangers are a better team than either of those teams AND they got the goalie. So next round they'll have yet another goalie on top of his game, only behind a team that's actually better than this mediocre Bruins team that's taken them to 6 and counting.

It doesn't mean he can't turn it on for a round and send the Rangers home, but I've yet to see anything particularly impressive from him. He's basically playing to the same level of the goalie they're playing this round in Andersen, although I still think they have a better team than Carolina, a team that can get to Shesterkin better than Carolina has.

But I've been skeptical of Paul Maurice for a long time. I think their whole finishing problem is in large part due to the type of game Paul Maurice has them playing.

I'm thinking the only bad things Zito has done since taking over was the obvious first round pick for Chiarot, and then running to hire Paul Maurice because ''Dat vetrin head coach tho''. They have the talent to win the cup, but he may screw them out of winning a cup if they don't do it this year.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Clown statements from Marchand on the Bennett hit this afternoon. Do you remember this?

Well, take a look at his quote above. I just cannot believe the league is ok in 2024 with people saying openly the goal is to injure as many players on the other team as possible. That's not within the bounds of the game. If you hit a guy cleanly and he's incidentally injured I get it, but he openly advocates for intentional attempts to injure. 18 Rempes or bust at this point. He literally admits the sociopath strategy exists but the teams are too gutless to admit it.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
So we can all just admit my sociopath strategy is moving closer and closer to mainstream status?

“People don’t want to say it. But part of the playoffs is trying to hurt every player on the other team,” Marchand said. “The more guys you take out, the more advantage your team has. People don’t say that. But that’s just a fact of the game. So every time you step on the ice, someone’s trying to hurt someone. That’s just how it goes in the playoffs."

No one:

@My3Sons :

IMG_6974.gif

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Well, take a look at his quote above. I just cannot believe the league is ok in 2024 with people saying openly the goal is to injure as many players on the other team as possible. That's not within the bounds of the game. If you hit a guy cleanly and he's incidentally injured I get it, but he openly advocates for intentional attempts to injure. 18 Rempes or bust at this point. He literally admits the sociopath strategy exists but the teams are too gutless to admit it.

It's really embarrassing for the league especially coming from a known villain. Then to say "skill" and "small" teams don't win? He's not much taller than a middle schooler. He needs to shut his mouth or pay for public speaking help.

Reactions: Oneiro and My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That's gotta favor the Rangers, no?

I'm probably not gonna lose much sleep if the Rangers win the cup. I'm not gonna let it ruin my summer. It would be more annoying that they won the cup, while we continuously miss the playoffs. It would be a small consolation that only us and Tampa (in their 11th straight playoff series victory) were the last two teams to beat them and the only two teams to beat them in the playoffs since 2017. I like the West teams to beat the Rangers in the SCF, unless it's Vancouver. Colorado will be pretty beat up if they somehow come back though, unless they crush the WCF. I'm at the point where I may lean Rangers over Florida though.

But if Florida doesn't take care of business tomorrow night, I could totally see them blowing it in game 7 and Boston winning. My confidence in Bobrovsky is particularly low right now and my confidence in two straight cup finals apperances/deep playoff runs for a team coached by Paulie Eyes is pretty damn low right now.

I think the Rangers SWEEP the Bruins if they play them. 5 at most.

I don't give the Canes much of a chance, I think the Rangers end this tonight, but I could see them forcing game 7 and then the Rangers deliver the death blow.

Regardless, my confidence in Florida has taken a drastic hit. They've dicked around too long with Boston (they should have beaten them in 5, Boston aren't good) and Bobrovsky hasn't stolen a game all playoffs. His last game (a loss) might have been one of his best games these playoffs.

My confidence in Edmonton has somehow been rejuvenated, but cautiously rejuvenated. Pickard is Pickard, but the Oilers are the type of team that a mediocre goalie could be enough if McDrai go into beast mode and the offense kicks in. And it's all a plus if Pickard is better than mediocre, although he was better than mediocre last game and they were 30 seconds away from OT again.

Skinner was not giving them mediocre goaltending. Mediocre goaltending is what Bob and Andersen are doing.

I still think Florida destroys NYR if the Canes don't complete the comeback. Stars/Florida imo

Reactions: Bleedred

Camille the Eel

I still think Florida destroys NYR if the Canes don't complete the comeback. Stars/Florida imo
Probably have a six game series at least. Florida should be favored over the Rangers in that scenario but I would be surprised if it’s a blow out.

But we are way ahead of ourselves. Florida still needs to put Boston away. Swayman is quite capable of stealing another game and forcing a game 7. And in one game anything can happen, a bounce or a break and Yikes.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

interestng choice of words. hurt as opposed to injure.

problem in the quote is the "more guys you take out" .... it ruins it

but in a way i can relate to the hurt part. when i played soccer i was the hard tackling left back. my philosophy was every guy that come down my wing is gonna get something if i time the ball and them in the tackle.... i hit to hurt. make sure they second guess when they try to go by me, get in their head. it was usually the 'flashier' players that got it.... the prima donna forwards

in never tried or wanted to injure. just hurt 'em because if someone's injured they're not out on the pitch anymore where i can keep taking small chunks out of them.

/end/ glory days story

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe Bob is due for a good series.

If he can play good for one series, the Panthers can beat the Rangers. Even with Igor at the top of his game. The Devils did it last year. They just needed Schmid to be solid and they were able to beat Igor probably close enough to his best. I clearly remember the Siegenthaler goal (game 4 game winner) was the only goal I thought ''Yeah, Igor probably could have had that, he probably should have had that''. And it's not like we ever really lit him up for many goals in a game that series either.

Other than that, the Rangers are definitely a better Bruins, with a goalie that's just as good/hot, if not even hotter. That's why I worry about the Panthers in that series.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
really dumb quote from nostrils mcgee. if he retaliates against anyone in any way, DOPS is going to include that quote in their video explaining why he's suspended.

just kidding, DOPS doesn't give a shit what marchand does.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There is no way the league lets the rags lose tonight just to get game 7 revenue. If they let that happen there is a chance Carolina overcomes the favorable officiating in game 7 and knocks the rags out. I just can't see the league taking that chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad