OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pickard in for Edmonton? Good night Oilers. I think that's gonna come back to bite them at some point. Even if it doesn't tonight.

Skinner has been awful, but I really think they're better off with him in there than a 32 year old minor league goalie that's had his first almost full season in the NHL in the last 7 or 8 years?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Awful effort by the Panthers. Their first 25-30 minutes was maybe the worst they've played this entire playoffs.

I'm starting to think they're not as good as I thought they were. I think they're a really good team, but Paul Maurice isn't really helping. I wouldn't be surprised if he costs them a cup at some point while he's employed by them.

And Bobrovsky wasn't really a problem tonight, but he hasn't been able to raise his game these playoffs like he did last year. He's just kind of along for the ride. He's been outplayed by Vasilevskiy and Swayman, despite his team heavily outplaying both of those guys teams.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Stars are winning the Cup
If you posted this 2 hours ago I would have said don't count out the Oilers yet.

This switch to Pickard will (probably) effectively end them. If not this round then next round.

If they're at a point where they go back to Skinner (barring injury) they're probably in trouble and it'll be too late.

Here's my real time power rankings. Spaces in between to stress the different rungs.

Stars
Rangers

Panthers

Canucks

Oilers

Hurricanes

Bruins

I'd have the Oilers above the Canucks before this weird switch to the minor league goalie.

Forgot about the Avalanche lol. Feels like they're already eliminated after the Nichushkin stuff. Right now I put them about even with the Hurricanes, even though I think they're a way better team on paper. This is just a power rankings though. Not an overall rankings.

And in that case, the Bruins might be ahead of them because they actually won their least game.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Oilers seem like one of those teams that should be good enough to make a deep run no matter who their goalie is, but that's clearly not the case or they wouldn't be down 2 games to 1 in this series.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Come on Panthers, what the f***.

At this rate whoever comes out of the East is gonna get clown pounded by the west team. Da fak

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Bruins fans are hating Zacha lol

he still has not scored a playoff goal in his career in 24 playoff games
IMG_5897.jpeg

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
If you posted this 2 hours ago I would have said don't count out the Oilers yet.

This switch to Pickard will (probably) effectively end them. If not this round then next round.

If they're at a point where they go back to Skinner (barring injury) they're probably in trouble and it'll be too late.

Here's my real time power rankings. Spaces in between to stress the different rungs.

Stars
Rangers

Panthers

Canucks

Oilers

Hurricanes

Bruins

I'd have the Oilers above the Canucks before this weird switch to the minor league goalie.

Forgot about the Avalanche lol. Feels like they're already eliminated after the Nichushkin stuff. Right now I put them about even with the Hurricanes, even though I think they're a way better team on paper. This is just a power rankings though. Not an overall rankings.

And in that case, the Bruins might be ahead of them because they actually won their least game.

Stars
Rangers/Canes winner/Florida

No one else has a chance imo, Boston has the goalie but no center depth which will cave them eventually if Florida somehow blows this. Rangers/Canes winner might be the team of destiny after getting out of this absurd series. Vancouver/Edmonton have no chance with these goalies

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Stars
Rangers/Canes winner/Florida

No one else has a chance imo, Boston has the goalie but no center depth which will cave them eventually if Florida somehow blows this. Rangers/Canes winner might be the team of destiny after getting out of this absurd series. Vancouver/Edmonton have no chance with these goalies
Mostly agree, but I don’t think the Canes have a shot at coming back. I could see them winning game 6 but I’d have to think they’re out in game 7 if that happens.

I’d rank the Panthers above the Rangers but I’d also accept the Rangers above them because of the goalie matchup.

Bob has been little more than a passenger these playoffs. He’s played more like the mediocre goalie they got on an albatross contract the first couple of years than the dominant goalie of last playoffs and even this regular season.

And I don’t take Paulie Eyes seriously as a head coach. Not in 2024. They win in spite of him. I don’t care how much they get up after he screams expletives at everyone.

I’m about ready to give the Rangers the East (I’m definitely giving them this series) because Florida is dicking around with the Bruins right now (they should have choked them out tonight and they no-showed much of the first half of the game) and they’ve already played a game more than they should have. Let’s see if they can make it two more games than they should have played after Friday.

And the Oilers are losing a lot of stock with me. If it isn’t Skinner sinking them with 5-4 and 4-3 losses, then they can’t score more than 2 goals.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, the Oilers are totally not serious this year.

I’m about ready to say try it again next year.

Dallas looks ready to drop the A bomb on either of these two teams.

But let’s see if they’re gonna pull a Panthers tomorrow night and let the Avalanche live for one more game.

Not so fast! Hopefully that’s game.

The Jesper Bratt special from this past year. Game winner with under a minute left in regulation.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I gotta admit, I barely watched any of this game. I saw the entirety of the 1st period and I just walked back in here for the last 10 minutes of the game maybe.

The last 3 minutes were a roller coaster.

That may have been the momentum swing the Oilers needed in this series.

Pickard has never played games this big in his life. Maybe he can give them adequate goaltending like Schmid last year and Silovs this year. Though he’s much older than them.

Reactions: Dialamo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad