One More Match For Ric Flair

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
my buddy lives in Tampa and says you can find Ric at the same seat at the same bar pretty much every day. So he’s still Ric Flair.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The updated lineup for Ric Flair's Last Match PPV on FITE.TV on 7/31 in Nashville, TN at the Municipal Auditorium:

*Ric Flair & Andrade el Idolo vs. Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal.

*Impact Wrestling Champion Josh Alexander vs. MLW star Jacob Fatu.

*The Wolves vs. The Motor City Machine Guns.

*Impact Wrestling Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Rachael Ellering.

*Killer Kross vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.

*Clark Connors vs. Ren Narita.

*Laredo Kid vs. Bandido vs. Taurus vs. Rey Fenix.

*Ricky and Kerry Morton with Robert Gibson vs. Brian Pillman Jr. & Brock Anderson with Arn Anderson.

*Bunkhouse Battle Royal - Bully Ray first entrance announced.

*ROH Champion Jonathan Gresham vs. Nick Wayne vs. Alan Angels vs. Konosuke Takeshita.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An " angry " Conrad interviews Jarrett on his podcast. :madfire:

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Give us some updates.
She finished the match. Didn’t notice after. They kept the camera on Grace a while after she won before (I believe) fading out into the next vignette.

Jarrett and his wife draw good heat coming out and Flair is almost ready to come out.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I wasn't expecting this to be a five star match or even a three star match, but Flair can barely move. Even watching him throw punches in the corner looked like a challenge.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That was hard to watch, the only thing missing was his pants falling down.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
If anybody wants to read some of the raunchier stuff from the Flair roast just send me a PM. I got them from a couple of different sites so I think they're legit. I would be banned for life if I posted them here as some of them are super cringe worthy. :laugh:

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Overall it was a good show. I really liked the Alexander-Fatu match until the ending. Briscoes were excellent as always. The 4-way match was lots of fun. The women's match was pretty good considering Ellering had to work through her injury.

Everyone seems to be dumping on the Flair match, but no one should have been expecting a five-star match. Of course he looked old and slow, he's 73. But everyone else protected him well, and he got to do a couple of easy signature moves and put on the figure-four for the win to make the fans happy. I was a little surprised Lawler didn't do a run-in during the match.

I thought it was touching that Bret and Foley were in the front row to celebrate with him. He's had bad blood with both those guys over the years, but it was nice to see that at this stage of their lives, they can put it all behind them and be friends.

Anyone else think Pillman Jr. is much better as a heel? He always seems a little awkward as a babyface on AEW, but looked like the heel role comes naturally to him. Maybe AEW should turn him?

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad