Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
100% seems to be canucks marner. His physiology he looks so effiminate. It almost seems like drai isn't taking him serious when matched up against his line.

He wants to be a pure skill guy but in the playoffs you're not playing the sharks you can easily score against.
Drai is just mocking Petey and Lindholm. Drai can't be too pleased idiots like Friedman and others were saying Petey was MVP type player, better than Draisaitl. At peak hysteria (completely made up) Petey was being described as a great all zone player that created while shutting everything down defensively. As if his mere presence on ice bended rinks. It was bizarre. He's not even noticeabe except like Hughes you see somebody out there on ice that looks like a boy.

Seriously somebody posted a picture of Pettersson on ice with a couple friends and I joked who's the kid in the picture. I don't know this guy would have the strength to play Tennis.

You watch Petey and the impression you get is "I don't like this playoff hockey, can't it be regular season again" ? Its laughable.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He's still contributing major minutes on a PK that's been a big difference in both series. It helps to look at the game holistically. Needs to score and finish better absolutely. It's a much better strategy to winning separating McDavid and Draisaitl and not stack their five best players on one unit. Oilers need to find more EV scoring versus just on an elite PP. Was a factor in the Vegas series defeat last year.
pk hasn't been that great in this series overall. Its not enough. Nuge can be an impact player and an immense talent and he's capable of making and creating plays. We need it dearly. he can't just be another player, he can't just be defensive.

12 career playoff goals. Drai had more than that in one postseason. Well thats not a fair comparison obviously. But a Hyman elevated to have 54 goals this season and has 9 in playoffs. Would be great for Nuge to really dig down and do everything he's capable of, which is a lot.

Reactions: Biltmore

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Anybody else find it interesting that none of the Canucks threw any cross checks last night when it had been their primary defensive tactic in game 3? It kinda looked to me that the league knew the officials lost control of that game and warned them it wouldn’t be tolerated in this one.
Yeah, I noticed that the Nucks are allowed to crosscheck with impunity and even after the game is over and against the best player in the world and that gets hardly anything, a fine, and a one game suspension for trying to injure McD. Nurse makes a crosscheck and of course we get the call, of course 4mins and of course Tocchet complainiing it should be more and a suspension. Its as if the NHL is once again mockign us giving us penalties for stuff Nucks do all the time.

Few series have left me as angry as this one. But mostly due to the officiating and onesided calls.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like the scare quotes around superstar. Draisaitl would be the best player in Canuck history.
WEll that isn't such a high bar heh

So many remedial posters there. All the dumb ass riding off McD coat tails comments. PPmerchant etc. Since 2017 playoffs Drai has 1.67 pts /game, more than anybody in league, including McD, he has more EVpts/game than McD, and all these stupid comments. This is the world we live in where facts are optional and any shit that falls out of peoples mouths is truths to them. Like how f***ing stupid does one have to be?

Man denial is strong.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah, I noticed that the Nucks are allowed to crosscheck with impunity and even after the game is over and against the best player in the world and that gets hardly anything, a fine, and a one game suspension for trying to injure McD. Nurse makes a crosscheck and of course we get the call, of course 4mins and of course Tocchet complainiing it should be more and a suspension. Its as if the NHL is once again mockign us giving us penalties for stuff Nucks do all the time.

Few series have left me as angry as this one. But mostly due to the officiating and onesided calls.

Nucks been diving all series long. Cole would make Burrows and Kesler proud with this pathetic dive.
Meanwhile 'will whine to officials any chance I get' in Tocchet will obviously be quiet when his players dive. If an Oiler did what Cole did, the whiny f*** on the bench would call over and yell at the refs for not being given a powerplay.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Bouchard with 4 goals (3 at evens, 2 game winners) and 15 points in 9 games with a +8 and not all McDrai PP leeching btw.

Ekholm with 3 goals, 6 points in 9 games and a +6.

Draisaitl with 8 goals 20!!!!! points (Holy Hell) in 9 games and a +2 but an absolute horse and two way beast that goes beyond even the gaudy offensive numbers. He is not just a great playoff performer, he will go down as one of the best playoff performers of all time especially if the Oilers make a real run. Well, they need to make a real run for him to get those accolades.

McDavid and Hyman have been good as well but these 3 are leading the way. Still need more from other guys, Nuge and Kane showed out yesterday, 4th line was solid but these 3 are destroying it. Get them some help so the games aren't all heartattacks.
One of the dumbest Nucks fans comments is we're a one player team. This ignoring apparently Drai has been better than McD this postseason and is leading the league in pts, that McD is 2nd, and lol that Booch is 3rd (we're taking all medals haha) Yes, 1,2,3 in playoff production despite playing even less games than some other clubs. We also have Hyman with among the most goals in playoffs.

Nucks got Norris candidate Queen Hughes with far less production than Booch and ZERO goals.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
pk hasn't been that great in this series overall. Its not enough. Nuge can be an impact player and an immense talent and he's capable of making and creating plays. We need it dearly. he can't just be another player, he can't just be defensive.

12 career playoff goals. Drai had more than that in one postseason. Well thats not a fair comparison obviously. But a Hyman elevated to have 54 goals this season and has 9 in playoffs. Would be great for Nuge to really dig down and do everything he's capable of, which is a lot.
He's a support player and the defensive support for McDavid and Draisaitl. As the goal last night showed with McDavid and Hyman deep. Not the primary goal scorer on his lines or the PP which is often where Draisaitl is the finisher. Comparing goal scoring is apples and bananas for the role each plays. Hyman too is an entirely different player and his game is also focused on net front finishing. Nugent Hopkins without question needs to add more offensive support for sure. But this team has struggled with secondary scoring beyond McDavid's line as we saw during the regular season with Line 2 production with Draisaitl and rotating wingers (remember complaining about that?). This team's depth is wobbly.

Biggest adjustment made was adding Holloway to Line 2 and giving Draisaitl some quality size, speed and skill to go along with Kane. Otherwise it's sharing Nugent Hopkins between McDavid and Draisaitl's line to support their elite offensive games.

The point of my post is their system play working to a T.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Alot of Nuck fans were laughing at the notion of even comparing Bouchard to Hughes... saying bouchard is far below Hughes' level. But this series, Bouchard has been much better than Hughes imo.

Man Ceci is awful... watching him in our own zone gives me a heart attack. Really need players like Foegele, Perry, and McLeod to start contributing here. I thought Holloway had a pretty strong game last night.
Ceci had a really bad game.
It seems like its either him or Nurse or both.

Apparently is it too much to ask to have both of them have a good game at the same time.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Funny you say that while Canucks fans are sick of Craig blowing his load over the oilers. Did you listen in the third about how Craig Simpson was going on about what the oilers should do to win and how immaculate Leon is? Bouchard god mode, etc....
Have you listened to every game at all? Because that’s not what I’ve been hearing constantly.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com

Nucks fans are special.

Imagine that you're team featured Ryan Kesler and Alex Burrows at the same time lol

Funny.

I remember when they had Bertuzzi, Burrows, Cooke, Kesler and Bieksa on their team. Might have been the most unlikeable team in the history of the league. (Unless you played against the Flyers in 1974-75).

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Funny.

I remember when they had Bertuzzi, Burrows, Cooke, Kesler and Bieksa on their team. Might have been the most unlikeable team in the history of the league. (Unless you played against the Flyers in 1974-75).
Oh remember it too, they went to the finals and Canada still cheered against them lol

For Boston lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad