Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

He seriously uses fanboy nicknames to describe the players? Lol.

It's funny for a lot of reasons, but one in particular. Rishaug is obsessive about propping himself up as a journalist, "no cheering here, I'm not a fan, don't care either way, etc." Farhan is his Vancouver equivalent and doesn't appear to have any issue showing how partisan he is haha.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yep and Silov is playing way over his head Imo. I could be wrong but I think the floodgates are going to open soon.
Agreed. I still don't believe in Silovs, but he was great last night (until that last goal I guess). He absolutely kept them in it. If they get at 2nd PP goal, go up 3-0, the Nucks probably just run and dive around.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
There's not a world that exists unless Woodcroft is back where Skinner starts game 5, 0% chance
Absolutely. There's a poster that said we gotta go with Picks the rest of the series, We should go with Picks the rest of the playoffs for me

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yep and Silov is playing way over his head Imo. I could be wrong but I think the floodgates are going to open soon.
The team did better, but still need to be better at getting traffic in front of him.

Gregor literally brought it up to Perry and Perry said the team knows this. Pretty much said they need to get to the crease more and make him uncomfortable more.

That third line literally should just be one guy throwing it on net and one or both other guys crashing. They aren't doing much else at this point.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Agreed. I still don't believe in Silovs, but he was great last night (until that last goal I guess). He absolutely kept them in it. If they get at 2nd PP goal, go up 3-0, the Nucks probably just run and dive around.
Oh yah he was great. He made 2 massive saves. I think the Oilers figure him out though. Need to elevate the puck.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I don't think we should be all sunshine and rainbows here. I don't think we played as good as game 3. A lot of people underestimate the value of the hockey gods/ puck luck.

- 3rd period we were on our heels sitting back and getting peppered (just like LA, VAN game 1, etc) we blew the lead. We can't be panicking with the puck. Just an awful performance.
- I'm not a good judge of goaltending, but Pickard wasn't tested. If we go deep do we need Skinner to find his form? Or is he just cooked?
- The third line is ass. Could we go Mcleod Rico/Nuge Foegle? This could be similar to that Drai line
- Ceci was garbage. He can't skate. Constant turnovers.
- Mcdavid will need to find a way to produce 5 on 5

It's great we got the win. Drai was an absolute animal. The boys battled hard and now it's a series again! Just some negative stuff that probably needs to be addressed.
Are u new here? No need to piss on peolles parade it us never all sunshine and rainbows here lol. This place is highly critical if anything. Folks here are well aware of the holes on this team

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Oh yah he was great. He made 2 massive saves. I think the Oilers figure him out though. Need to elevate the puck.

Bingo.

Way too many shots were off his pads or in his mid section. Probably 80% of our shots were to the lower part of the net. We've kind of done this before too to other goalies (Korpisalo comes to mind last year) where we're scratching our head wondering why we can't score on him, then someone raises the puck a few times and then we start scoring goals.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Gagner has been absolute money and a major emotional boost to this team whenever he's drawn in, Knob needs to dress Sammy one of these games.
Agreed... I hope Gags gets into some game action here. He couldn't be worse than Perry or even Foegele right now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I am once again begging Oilers fans to remember how Draisaitl plays in the playoffs EVERY year and what big german balls he has, when he inevitably doesn't backcheck as hard as you like in game 32 next year and y'all start calling him "lazy", or "drunk" or whatever.

This guy is a f***ing WARRIOR and absolutely built for the playoffs. Please, please remember that in the regular season. He's a big man and saves his best for when the games mean the most. Please don't forget about (playoff) Drai.
This guy is writing my posts for me now. Not for the first time. heh Somebody gets it.

But we go through this every year, and every season we're in playoffs these thoughts occur and then are replaced with the usual lazy german comments. Which is fine,, but when posterds defend Drai mentioning he's one of the most valuable players in the world people will chaff at that and call you out for defending the great player. The apparent message he should be great anytime anybody is watching no matter if the game means next to nothing in an 82 game marathon season.

How would people here like to see Makar playing a critical game in series and not even showing up. Looking depressed half the time, looking worse than bad Quinn Hughes in playoffs. Mackinnon tried haulting the AV's shit for awhile and to his credit still trying. But another f***er on the team took the time to fail drug relapse testing during the playoffs, for the 2nd time he's done that. Another linemate hasn't played seemingly for years and who knows when or ever he will back. Rantenen has looked just normal. But the shocking thing is how poor Makar has been in the playoff series. I mean not even making an effort or attempt to bring his bread and butter plays. he had maybe two good shifts in game 4, at home, with his team being slaughtered at home and wiped all over the rink. With the fans booing.

Yeah that team has a cup. But where's its heart?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Absolutely. There's a poster that said we gotta go with Picks the rest of the series, We should go with Picks the rest of the playoffs for me
If Skinner can't handle the pressure in the 2nd round how's he supposed to handle the pressure if the Oilers make it to round 3 and 4. This is Picard's moment to set himself up for life, similar to what Hill did after last years playoffs.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The Nucks had barely any chances, barely any shots. Got 2 goals on bounces (I mean Boeser's goal is absurd in it's luckiness)

The Oilers need more 5 on 5, they need more from everyone, but they were CLEARLY the better team and absolutely deserved that win.
You are 100 percent right. The Oilers did defend well in terms of keeping the Nucks high danger chances to basically zero

I just think the biggest talking point should be the fact we can't keep sitting back on leads, but if nobody wants that posted here that's fine.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lol... I was actually pretty chill, shocked and then immediately the positive thought of "we're gonna score in the last minute" came to mind.

Puff, puff, pass... sometimes you gotta manifest positivity. ;)
Sure, but with how lucky the PDO kings are you just knew the Oilers would need every goal they got. its how they always are. You must not have watched that Nashville game.

Drives me as well how they score. Team is dominated for most of the game but then they decide to push back with all they got and it instead of their peripheral play resulting in nothing, they get deflections off everything on otherwise routine shots and we're not even talking deflections off sticks. We're talking off bodies, and pucks magically flying in net. They get two goals like that, of course, and I'm like f***, enough, not this shit again. Its been the whole Nucks season like this.. Magic horseshoes anytime they want.

The only goal we got like that was ironically the Booch winner.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I am once again begging Oilers fans to remember how Draisaitl plays in the playoffs EVERY year and what big german balls he has, when he inevitably doesn't backcheck as hard as you like in game 32 next year and y'all start calling him "lazy", or "drunk" or whatever.

This guy is a f***ing WARRIOR and absolutely built for the playoffs. Please, please remember that in the regular season. He's a big man and saves his best for when the games mean the most. Please don't forget about (playoff) Drai.
He's also backchecking so much more than I can ever remember in this year's playoffs. He got burned a couple times last year in the Vegas series defensively, it seems he's learned from that. A 2 way motivated playoff Drai is unstoppable.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Anybody else find it interesting that none of the Canucks threw any cross checks last night when it had been their primary defensive tactic in game 3? It kinda looked to me that the league knew the officials lost control of that game and warned them it wouldn’t be tolerated in this one.
Great post. The league probably notified both teams.

Nurse was called for one early. He has no brain so this makes perfect sense.

Reactions: rboomercat90

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
You are 100 percent right. The Oilers did defend well in terms of keeping the Nucks high danger chances to basically 0

I just think the biggest talking point should be the fact we can't keep sitting back on leads, but if nobody wants that posted here that's fine.
Every team pushes the third was even… nucks got 2 fluke bounces.. bad thing was losing all those come face offs.. have to be better there

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
They are testing our resilience and therefore our greatness. And we passing with flying colors right now.

Either that or Marner told his fellow gods to f*** us over.
100% they want us to be ready for dallas lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I keep expecting that but somehow they don't. But the Oilers are to blame as well for not bearing down and making pucks go. We were doing that in LA series and its kind of sagged since. We're passing off good shooting spots, overplaying, we need to be taking more quailty shots when those opportunities arise and getting to net. Thats the thing with Nuck is they don't always get a ton of dangerous opportunity but everything directed at net. They don't look for the perfect plays, just to creat chaos at net front and hoping something will go. Been working for them all season, better than it should but...

Most of the game I was annoyed how little run support Oilers were getting Pickard. here he ws in his first playoff start and it has to be the game we can't cash. Love that we won but that was nervewracking.

Seems like every game is going to come down to last goal. Not what you want to be doing against the PDO Nucks.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Some of the reason the oil dominate but can’t pull away is they are playing on the perimeter. Nucks defend the net better then we do, need to get to the tougher areas, get deflections and reboubds

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Gagner has been absolute money and a major emotional boost to this team whenever he's drawn in, Knob needs to dress Sammy one of these games.
What is Connor Brown actually bringing to the lineup other than nothing.

Remember all that talk that he would or could redeem himmself in playoffs after a legendary bad season? ON one play in third he strips puck in opposition zone, it should be a major break, he should be home free on goal but he somehow shits his pants, crawls to the puck and the chance is so soon gone, as if it never occurred. The guy is such a big bag of absolutely nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad