Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I always liked Elliotte but he clearly doesn’t like us haha. His “source” was probably himself who thought he saw a high stick and wanted to be the Canuck hero. Then it wasn’t even close and he wasted everyone’s time.
Wasn't too happy to see Bieksa away, as last game he gave it to Elliotte.

At least Boetrill was being pretty vocal that she didn't think it was a high stick

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Foegele and McLeod have combined for a grand total of 6 goals in 75 Oilers playoff games. 6. How is that possible?
Some team is going to overpay Foegele and regret it big time this off-season. Such a disappointment. As for McLeod, he is what he is at this point. A decent bottom 6 guy but an offensive black hole.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
What a win! I couldn't sleep for another 2 hours after that because I was so pumped... running on 4 hrs of sleep, but worth it!

A few thoughts:

* McDavid is just carrying the forward squad right now, with some strong support from Drai - we desperately need someone else in the bottom 9 to step up

* I have been a fan of McLeod for some time, but he looks like he has no confidence - always cuts back around instead of driving it to the net... I think it's time we cut him loose

* Kane is gritty and definitely a playoff-type player, but he makes some really bone-headed passes really often

* Perry is just such an asshole...I'm glad he's on our team. Needs to put up some points though!

* I can't see how Ceci stays on this team next year outside of the bottom pairing - really hard to watch him play...

* What do we do with our goalie situation? Skinner is the worst playoff goalie since 2005, and Pickard (despite playing great) isn't going to win us a Cup

Let's go Oilers! We need to win the next game, then finish this series off!
No mcdavid is not carting the forwards if anyone is it’s drai. 97 has been good but far from great this series

I'm not sure what we did to the hockey gods. The amount of puck luck LA got and now the Canucks are getting is absolutely ridiculous.
We have gotten like 1 bounce all playoffs it seems while the opposition has 7 to 8 now unreal

Reactions: Oilhawks

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Alot of Nuck fans were laughing at the notion of even comparing Bouchard to Hughes... saying bouchard is far below Hughes' level. But this series, Bouchard has been much better than Hughes imo.

Man Ceci is awful... watching him in our own zone gives me a heart attack. Really need players like Foegele, Perry, and McLeod to start contributing here. I thought Holloway had a pretty strong game last night.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bieksa is far and away their best commentator and most intelligent. Really enjoy his takes.
When you have a guy that played most of his career for the Canucks and is standing up for the Oilers against you, it's probably time to just stop if you are EIlliotte

His first year on CBC the guy was a disaster. He was more just in arena talking and shit, all I thought is this guy isn't going to last long.

But man did he come a long way quickly. He is bringing back the can't miss intermissions that I remember growing up with. It was at the point where I quit watching intermissions as they were so useless. He's changed that.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
11.5M buck man and he's missing in action. Such an unbelievably ineffective player in playoffs. Paid twice what Steve Austin was paid and his pilot got cancelled (TV humor, I have to explain my jokes)

There was a play in the third where Petey has the puck on the boards, freezes, and an Oiler wallops him and just takes puck away. epitomy of his playoffs. he's not even a good player in post season. he looks like an out of place bottomsix player. Worse because he bails on hits. just a complete joke.

They love Swede forwards in Vancouver.

I love mocking this guy.

Me too. I had the misfortune of having a bunch of Nuck scum sitting around me at the game and every time anyone would get near him I'd shout "Elias fall over" and more often than not he would. I *think* these were diving attempts, but at this point I'm not even sure. I think he's just so used to collapsing when touched that he doesn't even put effort into drawing calls anymore.

There was one shift in the second in particular that was especially embarrassing, he hit the deck no less than 3 times. I wish I took note of the time so I could go back and watch it. Was saying to my friend that if he were on the Oilers doing all of 0 and choosing to flail around the ice instead I would be absolutely livid.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Alot of Nuck fans were laughing at the notion of even comparing Bouchard to Hughes... saying bouchard is far below Hughes' level. But this series, Bouchard has been much better than Hughes imo.

Man Ceci is awful... watching him in our own zone gives me a heart attack. Really need players like Foegele, Perry, and McLeod to start contributing here. I thought Holloway had a pretty strong game last night.
Ceci is so damn jekyl and hyde. Makes a good play, but then follows it up with multiple stupid mistakes. So frustrating to see a vet be like that.

I agree on Holloway. I think he'll be even better next game. Think there were a few times he could've made a better decision, but just didn't realize the puck would get to him so quick or that the puck would end up loose in front. Which I get, going from our bottom six to playing with a Leon or Connor is way different.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Some team is going to overpay Foegele and regret it big time this off-season. Such a disappointment. As for McLeod, he is what he is at this point. A decent bottom 6 guy but an offensive black hole.
I, like many here, hope its calgary lol

Ceci is so damn jekyl and hyde. Makes a good play, but then follows it up with multiple stupid mistakes. So frustrating to see a vet be like that.

I agree on Holloway. I think he'll be even better next game. Think there were a few times he could've made a better decision, but just didn't realize the puck would get to him so quick or that the puck would end up loose in front. Which I get, going from our bottom six to playing with a Leon or Connor is way different.
holloway never panics with the puck though, he had a d coming to hit him and he put the puck behind his back and swerved out to create space and got the puck to kane. 55 has played his last game in the ahl ever imo

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I don't think we should be all sunshine and rainbows here. I don't think we played as good as game 3. A lot of people underestimate the value of the hockey gods/ puck luck.

- 3rd period we were on our heels sitting back and getting peppered (just like LA, VAN game 1, etc) we blew the lead. We can't be panicking with the puck. Just an awful performance.
- I'm not a good judge of goaltending, but Pickard wasn't tested. If we go deep do we need Skinner to find his form? Or is he just cooked?
- The third line is ass. Could we go Mcleod Rico/Nuge Foegle? This could be similar to that Drai line
- Ceci was garbage. He can't skate. Constant turnovers.
- Mcdavid will need to find a way to produce 5 on 5

It's great we got the win. Drai was an absolute animal. The boys battled hard and now it's a series again! Just some negative stuff that probably needs to be addressed.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't think we should be all sunshine and rainbows here. I don't think we played as good as game 3. A lot of people underestimate the value of the hockey gods/ puck luck.

- 3rd period we were on our heels sitting back and getting peppered (just like LA, VAN game 1, etc) we blew the lead. We can't be panicking with the puck. Just an awful performance.
- I'm not a good judge of goaltending, but Pickard wasn't tested. If we go deep do we need Skinner to find his form? Or is he just cooked?
- The third line is ass. Could we go Mcleod Rico/Nuge Foegle? This could be similar to that Drai line

It's great we got the win. Drai was an absolute animal. The boys battled hard and now it's a series again! Just some negative stuff that probably needs to be addressed.
The Nucks had barely any chances, barely any shots. Got 2 goals on bounces (I mean Boeser's goal is absurd in it's luckiness)

The Oilers need more 5 on 5, they need more from everyone, but they were CLEARLY the better team and absolutely deserved that win.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Skinner is cooked. Bring in another goalie for next season

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
All my Canucks fan friends are all up in arms over the Kane high stick on Myers and demanding he be suspended for “cross checking Myers in the face!!!” Claiming they have double standards for McDavid if they don’t suspend Kane. 🙄

No matter how much time passes, things never change.

Reminds me of when those absolute f***ing morons were working HARD to try and spin Mason Raymond going into the boards awkwardly and getting injured as comparable to Arron Rome killing Horton in the 2011 Finals.

They're so stupid, so conspiratorial, and so fundamentally victimized that they spend a laughable amount of time fighting in the trenches to try and find a "WHAT ABOUT!" every time they do something and get in trouble for it.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

The shots were 8 to 8 in third. Yes the Nucks pushed us back, but we were over them a lot of the game too. It was to be expected they'd have some push back.

As for Pickard he was tested and there were some scrums around him where he made some saves. Yes the team did help in clearing the puck, but there were a few times I wondered if Skinner was in net where would the puck have ended up. Simply put Pickard did his job. Skinner has only had 2 games all playoffs above .900 spct and that simply isn't acceptable. Far too many bad games from him.

Not sure Pickard is going to be the saviour, but he got it done in a critical game.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The Nucks had barely any chances, barely any shots. Got 2 goals on bounces (I mean Boeser's goal is absurd in it's luckiness)

The Oilers need more 5 on 5, they need more from everyone, but they were CLEARLY the better team and absolutely deserved that win.
Yep and Silov is playing way over his head Imo. I could be wrong but I think the floodgates are going to open soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad