Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Guy is unbearable. I think it was @oobga (if not, my bad) who said he had the chance to be the next Bobby Mac but ended up being a biased shill douche instead.

I refuse to watch when him or McLean are on. Which is a shame because Bieksa and Gazdic are decent. Too good for that shit joke of a sports network.
Legit I turn the channel when they are on until the next period. Not getting my viewership

All my Canucks fan friends are all up in arms over the Kane high stick on Myers and demanding he be suspended for “cross checking Myers in the face!!!” Claiming they have double standards for McDavid if they don’t suspend Kane. 🙄
Your friends are idiots no offense lol

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
that would be Unicorn like. Crosby took a lower contract to win.
I honestly think drai and McDavids new contracts will be shit 500k difference. Mcdavid is humble. So here is hoping drai is 13.5 and mcdavid comes in at 14 lolol. We can always dream I guess

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Bouchard's bridge deal is going to haunt the Oil.

He's getting a big payday. Well deserved too.
I mean yeah, but I don't think there was much choice. He wasn't going to sign long term for what the Oilers would have wanted, and they probably didn't yet want to give him a monster deal.

He's out performing the bridge by a lot, that's still a positive.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
To be honest, I didn't watch this game due to having my hopes crushed in game 3, but glad we fought back and won. Like everyone has been saying, we just need adequate goaltending and we can easily win this. So long as Pickard can do that, then we can win this. But I wonder if Skinner is back in for Game 5?

He's getting a big payday. Well deserved too. What a playoff and regular season from him this year.

He will, but be thankful he's signed a 2 year bridge and not 1. And if we are creative with the cap with our new GM, we could easily fit him in. Just be glad we got Ekholm on a cheap 6M deal instead of a 8-9M deal.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I mean yeah, but I don't think there was much choice. He wasn't going to sign long term for what the Oilers would have wanted, and they probably didn't yet want to give him a monster deal.

He's out performing the bridge by a lot, that's still a positive.
Given him the monster deal would've limited other positions on this club. The bridge really is allowing us to be the most competitive we can be this year and next.

The hope always was that hopefully guys like Holloway, Broberg, Bourgault, Lavoie etc.. can make the jump and have cheaper contracts to help offset larger salaries. Unfortunately that's not looking too shit hot, but I guess we deal with the cap issues when they happen and there is still time for guys to step up.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I won't really fault them this time, burgh goals were lucky bounces and deflections.
True but you can’t play in your zone that. Long or those things happen. Win a fsceoff, clear the puck…

He's getting a big payday. Well deserved too. What a playoff and regular season from him this year.
Never had much choice though no?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The thing is though that he's not actually playing a lot of minutes right now.

He's down to just under 18 min a night against the Canucks in this series. Meanwhile Bouchard is up at almost 28 and Ekholm is at over 24.

And then you look at 5v5 scoring in the series and you see that Nurse has been on the ice for 6 of the 8 Vancouver 5v5 goals against. At a certain point you need to start looking at why that is. And for as much shit as Ceci gets, and lots of it is deserved, at the end of tonight when the pairing was split up, one of them ended up without a GA and the other ended up with 2 GA.

A lot of Nurses GA seem to go off him. It’s the same problem Smith bitched about before. Nurse isn’t the goalie. Don’t play pretend goalie so close to the net.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It’s something I can’t believe he hasn’t learned l. His positioning in front of the goalie is awful.

I still remember that intermission during the Smith era where they mentioned he was pissed when players just collapse in the front.

They either block his view or impede his movement. Nurse specials

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Bouchard with 4 goals (3 at evens, 2 game winners) and 15 points in 9 games with a +8 and not all McDrai PP leeching btw.

Ekholm with 3 goals, 6 points in 9 games and a +6.

Draisaitl with 8 goals 20!!!!! points (Holy Hell) in 9 games and a +2 but an absolute horse and two way beast that goes beyond even the gaudy offensive numbers. He is not just a great playoff performer, he will go down as one of the best playoff performers of all time especially if the Oilers make a real run. Well, they need to make a real run for him to get those accolades.

McDavid and Hyman have been good as well but these 3 are leading the way. Still need more from other guys, Nuge and Kane showed out yesterday, 4th line was solid but these 3 are destroying it. Get them some help so the games aren't all heartattacks.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
It’s something I can’t believe he hasn’t learned l. His positioning in front of the goalie is awful.
The guy is just not a very good Dman, he’s getting paid #1 money for at best a #4 dman. What happened to his mean streak? The guy has turned into a soft f***ing p***y cat, he use to hit and fight and take no shit.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The guy is just not a very good Dman, he’s getting paid #1 money for at best a #4 dman. What happened to his mean streak? The guy has turned into a soft f***ing p***y cat, he use to hit and fight and take no shit.
That’s something I think he needs to start doing. He is clearly not a top pairing D and isn’t contributing much in other ways. He NEEDS to bring that physical play back.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
This has too much the feel of last years Vegas series, hopefully game 5 is the Oilers best game of the playoffs. The Oilers buttholes seemed to pucker in that third period, could not clear the puck or win a face off. Need to play a 60 minute complete game tomorrow night

IDK I get more of a last years Kings series, tbh.

If Pickard stays solid I like our chances going forward.

popo

Aug 9, 2005
I still remember that intermission during the Smith era where they mentioned he was pissed when players just collapse in the front.

They either block his view or impede his movement. Nurse specials
Noticed this as well.
Nurse's new move is to crouch low a step away from the puck carrier. Don't pressure them, or prevent them from shooting. Instead his focus is on being goalie and shot blocking.
Nurse lost battles in front of the net and is often sprawled out on the ice.
Took a dumb penalty to start the game in his attempt to be physical.
In the dying minute, the coach went with Desharnais - Ekhom, despite the fact Ekholm had just played a shift with Bouchard.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Noticed this as well.
Nurse's new move is to crouch low a step away from the puck carrier. Don't pressure them, or prevent them from shooting. Instead his focus is on being goalie and shot blocking.
Nurse lost battles in front of the net and is often sprawled out on the ice.
Took a dumb penalty to start the game in his attempt to be physical.
In the dying minute, the coach went with Desharnais - Ekhom, despite the fact Ekholm had just played a shift with Bouchard.
Yeah both minutes and overall deployment indicate Knob isn't too enamoured with Nurse.

That or he's dealing with something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad