Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Please tell me what channel this is on Optik TV??

I am so sick and tired of Craig Simpson's constant ejaculation to Rick Tocchet and the canucks. It's sickening

Unfortunately I don't think you can get these feeds with cable, unless Sportsnet is just piggybacking them (for some American games they do). You'd have to stream them

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Disagree. But if you can watch hockey and think everything is on the up and up, then credit to you. Less annoying that way.
I have 3 boys in AAA hockey, parents yell about refs, yell about bad goaltending. I'm like chill out. You think the refs would turn to the fans and say sorry? Then reverse a call? Nope. Suck it up. I'm immune to the refs. They can call a major on mcdavid at puck drop for spitting on the ice and I won't cry a river.

Reactions: Sra1974

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
They are not anti oilers.
I've watch hockey for 44 years and I don't care if the refs call a penalty or not anymore. If you are good, you win the game. End of story
Dude we've been winning the game for about 2 full games in this series and we have one single PP during that time. Tonight during the third.

We've owned them for 70% of this series (outshooting, outcontrolling, completely dominating them) and they still have more PPs than us. Just take a look at the penalties called us against last game. Drai was crosschecked far worse 5 times early on in the game last game and they call Nurse for his crosscheck. Even the broadcast showed the crosschecks against Drai, twice knocking him down then three straight from I think Miller and no call. Although tonight there wasn't as many missed calls.

Still the delusional Cuck fans or Oiler haters, hard to distinguish between them, are still thinking the refs are against them. It's seriously f***ing delusional. Not to mention the McDavid calls they keep going on about??? LOL, he's drawn two PPs this whole series while being interfered with more times than I can count, not even to mention the two times he hasn't had the puck and was hit/knocked down with no calls.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
And to be clear on my earlier point about Drai being a better playoff performer than McDavid I mean 5 on 5. Don't think its lost on me that the Oilers powerplay is historical levels good because of McDavid and McDavid alone. He's a cheat code for zone entries and his quarterbacking (really roaming) breaks defences down. His impact on the PP should never be taken for granted it is otherwordly.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Imagine if the oilers had henrique fully healthy and playing like he did late in the season and vs LA on the top line. I'm pretty sure tonight would be the end of it for the Canucks even with Skinner in goal. It gives us 2 lines of real threat.
Henrique's injury was terrible timing. Oilers are kinda a house of cards on the wings though so anybody getting banged up could have thrown things out of sorts and you're not likely to get through the POs with everybody healthy.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I have 3 boys in AAA hockey, parents yell about refs, yell about bad goaltending. I'm like chill out. You think the refs would turn to the fans and say sorry? Then reverse a call? Nope. Suck it up. I'm immune to the refs. They can call a major on mcdavid at puck drop for spitting on the ice and I won't cry a river.
3 boys in AAA hockey. How do you afford food now. I dont even wanna know what you pay out a year.

Reactions: Satire and 5 14 6 1

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Henrique's injury was terrible timing. Oilers are kinda a house of cards on the wings though so anybody getting banged up could have thrown things out of sorts and you're not likely to get through the POs with everybody healthy.
Hopefully he gets back in the line up. He's not a world beater, but he's a quality winger who can score and right now we need some more scoring from guys who aren't Drai/Hym/McD/Bouch/Ekholm. Good on Nuge for finally stepping up tonight.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hopefully he gets back in the line up. He's not a world beater, but he's a quality winger who can score and right now we need some more scoring from guys who aren't Drai/Hym/McD/Bouch/Ekholm. Good on Nuge for finally stepping up tonight.
IMO Nuge will continue to be fine as long as he's out there with a driver, which doesn't happen if McDrai are together. He has literally only ever had success while being on the ice with Hall, McDavid, or Draisaitl.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
IMO Nuge will continue to be fine as long as he's out there with a driver, which doesn't happen if McDrai are together. He has literally only ever had success while being on the ice with Hall, McDavid, or Draisaitl.
Agreed. He's a complementary player who can't drive his own line. At times I wish he'd up his intensity but it is what it is. On the GM to fill the rest of the roster around him with guys who do to get the most out of his skillset.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Matthews is making 13.25 with his new extension. I'd give Drai more and McDavid. I'm thinking 14 for Drai and McDavid at least 15 million. I know the cap is going up but not sure by how much.
we have 2 mil coming off in Neal contract
Nuge, Hyman, and Kane are under nice contracts
Be nice to find a team looking for a goalie and trade Campbell.
You would have to think it will take at least 30 to sign both Drai and McDavid. I would think the cap should be @90-95.
I just hope Drai wants to stay. He is a beast in Playoffs

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
we have 2 mil coming off in Neal contract
Nuge, Hyman, and Kane are under nice contracts
Be nice to find a team looking for a goalie and trade Campbell.
You would have to think it will take at least 30 to sign both Drai and McDavid. I would think the cap should be @90-95.
I just hope Drai wants to stay. He is a beast in Playoffs
It'd be even nicer if Drai and McDavid both just said, let's settle on 10mx8 each and said "stick together, cause we love playing together" and win all the cups!

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Why does it always happen to Nurse? How many pucks bounce off of him and in? One is bad luck- multiple is a trend
I mean, he does get a lot of minutes and other teams purposefully put their best lines out against him and Ceci or whoever he's with. At least splitting up the most braindead duo in the league paid off tonight.

Reactions: nabob

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
And here is where I’m reminded that O-Slob at TSN called Pickard a “jabroni” goaltender, then shat his pants at the suggestion that he could be a 1B for us. Leafs hating on Oilers always backfires hilariously. He also shat his pants at the suggestion Bouchard was good defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad