Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
8q3jii.jpg

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
We lose this game without Drai. Period. Far from the first time he's led us to playoff victory. He's our best player in playoffs almost every year.
I don't believe Draisaitl will demand to be the highest paid player in the NHL. Give him the average of the elite players in this league and give him 8 years. Then he will be an Oiler for his entire career.

Reactions: Biltmore

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
There has been at least a dozen times that that shrimp Garland could have been drilled, and the Oilers still haven't taken the opportunity to obliterate him.:mad:
Yeah, I feel like it shouldn’t be that tough to neutralize him with physicality. I know he’s chippy, but he’s the smallest guy out there.

Reactions: McDoused

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Jebus Christopher Columbus... I thought I was going to have a heart attack at the end of that game. What a goal by Bouchard, what a game. Best of 3 now, baby.
If they lost in OT, it would be a hearbreaker, especially after blowing the 4:1 lead in game one.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
He's not really a power forward. More like a good skating shooter. Kind of like Boeser.
He likes to throw the body . He goes to the dirty areas as well. We have some guys that can skate but have stone hands. I suggested this line at first of year:
Holloway McLeod Foegele

I would call it Stonehenge Line

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
11.5M buck man and he's missing in action. Such an unbelievably ineffective player in playoffs. Paid twice what Steve Austin was paid and his pilot got cancelled (TV humor, I have to explain my jokes)

There was a play in the third where Petey has the puck on the boards, freezes, and an Oiler wallops him and just takes puck away. epitomy of his playoffs. he's not even a good player in post season. he looks like an out of place bottomsix player. Worse because he bails on hits. just a complete joke.

They love Swede forwards in Vancouver.

I love mocking this guy.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
We lose this game without Drai. Period. Far from the first time he's led us to playoff victory. He's our best player in playoffs almost every year.
I agree. They’ve produced at similar levels in the playoffs in their careers, but Draisaitl’s game seems to be tailor-made to handle playoff hockey. He stands out a bit more than McDavid to me in many of these games.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Pickard all the way to the Cup

Does Pickard get the good guy in the room bump? Lol. Like Mike Smith. No matter how bad Smith played we always went all out for him. While at the same time this team loves to just quit on goalies that sag and have terrible body language and low confidence.

Even more than the goalie play itself there has always been a big difference in how this team plays between goalie personalities. It's not a good thing for sure, you wish your team would play the same no matter what, but is what it is. Kostko another guy we loved to half arse in front of.

benum

Aug 3, 2005
Edmonton
Playoff Kulak can raise Cece to meh, The big guy can help Nurse get to meh/okay, then there’s the top pairing. I would put in someone for Cece to get great/okay/okay as a corps. Stecher or Broberg for Ceci? Won’t happen but should maybe?

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
kinda hard to be scared of a Swede. Very soft players.
Does that make me sound like a Bigot? Im just stating the obvious. When the going gets tough, the Swedesdont get going. They disappear

I bought a defibulator and I keep the pads on me when the Oilers r playing
Except Ekholm. Ekholm seems to like taking out his anger on his fellow countrymen. It's funny.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Honestly Vancouver is louder. To be fair though they have no idea what they are cheering for or when to cheer. They go offside or ice a puck and their still cheering like idiots.
Thats the sound from the riots, police sirens and ambulances you're hearing bleeding into the arena. Its DT Vancouver after all. Have you been there?

I'm not even totally jk. The sound of sirens of all sorts is constant there. any time sounds like 100 emergency vehicles going to scenes.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
He likes to throw the body . He goes to the dirty areas as well. We have some guys that can skate but have stone hands. I suggested this line at first of year:
Holloway McLeod Foegele

I would call it Stonehenge Line
He's a bit smallish to be a considered a power forward. A power forward uses his size and strength, rather than skating, drives the net, wins board battles, hits and fights. So Doan, Lucic, Kane, even Kassian.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad