Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
not allowed saying that stuff on here. Oilslick fella gets all sour and will call ya a bigot

I love it though. Keep em coming. Im not part of the woke movement. I'll still watch Eddie Murphy Delirious and laugh my guts out
Blame Quinn's parents, not me. lol.

Reactions: McDoused

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Lots to be impressed about in this game. Bouchard and Ekholm couldnt possibly be better.
They were a tremendous pairing tonight. Clutch goal by Bouchard after Ekholm made a hell of a play to keep the puck in at the blueline and keep the play alive. Kane didnt get an assist but he created the opportunity fo that play to happen with his strong forecheck.
Kudos to Bouchard as well for also playing a tidy game in his own end.

IMO that may have been Draisaitls best game of the playoffs. He was a beast in this game and I especially appreciated his gamesmanship.
Finally some secondary scoring...Nuge with a huge goal. Three things that stood out for me on that goal.
Frist the play by Ekholm to take a hit and get the puck to Nuge,
Second the decision by Nuge to shoot the puck even though he had the best player in the world he could have tried to pass to.
3rd the shot...what a snipe. There isnt a goalie anywhere that stops that shot.

The team defensively was the best they have been so far in this series. They gave up very little and when there was a chance Pickard was there. Thats the level of defence they have to play to win.
What a solid game by Pickard. No chance on the 2 goals IMO. Such a good story...more of that please.

Also liked that Knoblauch mixed up the D pairings. It worked because the bottom 2 pairings were good enough in this game.
Nurses TOIs was reduced to 16 minutes which IMO is a good idea.
Only Kulak had fewer minutes at 15:20.

Lastly the TOI.
It was an absolute necessity for Knoblauch to distribute the ice time in a way that invloved more of the team. Thats how it started in the 1st period and he maintained that throughout the game. As a result we saw strong efforts throughout the bottom 6.
Thats how this team is going to win IMO.
No more 29-30 minute games for Draisaitl and McDavid on the same line.
They centered different lines and were at 20:47 and 23:12 respectively.
8 forwards were at 12 minutes or more in this game. Much much better.
3 players were just under 10 minutes.
Only Foegele played less than 8 minutes and considering how ineffective he has been that seems quite appropriate to me.

So I really hope that Knoblauch uses this game as a template for game 5.
Pickard gets the net for the remainder of the series.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad