Buffalo Bills Offseason part 2. Combine Mar 1-7. Free Agency & 2022 season begins March 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
@GameMisconduct

re: Kroger and Ford from the previous thread.

Ford is far from the worst OL I can remember. He’s a talented player who hasn’t developed.

Kromer and Dorsey will have the scheme set by the end of this month, because the organization needs them to move onto free agent evaluations and the draft. So finding a scheme that works isn’t the most important task. It’s actually not that hard.

If Kroger can evaluate Ford, and get him to play better, Beane addresses a huge organizational need in-house and for a low cost. It’s huge for the organization.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
@GameMisconduct

Ford is far from the worst OL I can remember. He’s a talented player who hasn’t developed.

Kromer and Dorsey will have the scheme set by the end of this month, because the organization needs them to move onto free agent evaluations and the draft. So finding a scheme that works isn’t the most important task. It’s actually not that hard.

If Kroger can evaluate Ford, and get him to play better, Beane addresses a huge organizational need in-house and for a low cost. It’s huge for the organization.

Agree with all this, but they cannot depend on Ford actually becoming the guy they hoped he would. They should still look to improve the IOL in FA/draft regardless. Ideally if they can find another Eric Wood situation with a guy who can start at guard and slide over to center to take over for Morse once his deal runs out, that would be a huge bonus.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
@GameMisconduct

Cyrus Kouandjio

Reactions: Der Jaeger

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
@GameMisconduct

I'd love to be wrong and agree being able to turn him into value, even just semi reliable depth would be a huge plus. I respect your opinions of players, so I'll try to be more hopeful, but I've paid attention to him and I just don't see much to this point.

This year was I think widely seen as his make or break year and when he had a chance to step up, he mostly came up about as wanting as you can get.

In my family cohort that watches the games together, he was a bit of a focus, especially after the Washington game. He flunked the eye test and the metric one - his game vs WFT was the worst performance of any lineman in terms of pressures surrendered at one point mid way through the season and I also think he ranked near the top there overall despite his level of playing time. And for all of his characterization as a mauler when he was drafted, he hasn't shown much ability to noticeably impose his will in the run game in any kind of consistent fashion.

I think there's a difference between having potential talent and being talented. That being you have to be able to put that potential into action. Otherwise it doesn't mean much.

If Kromer can unlock something in him, that would be great and I'd be legitimately happy for Cody to turn it around, but ultimately it's going to come down to him and he hasn't shown much reason to be optimistic IMO. It seems a lot more likely that the effort will end up more on the 'trying to polish a turd' vs 'uncovering a diamond in rough.'

Reactions: Der Jaeger

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I love this guy
4df97f5ac81a7df820c4297bb54f0846.jpeg

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'd love to be wrong and agree being able to turn him into value, even just semi reliable depth would be a huge plus. I respect your opinions of players, so I'll try to be more hopeful, but I've paid attention to him and I just don't see much to this point.

This year was I think widely seen as his make or break year and when he had a chance to step up, he mostly came up about as wanting as you can get.

In my family cohort that watches the games together, he was a bit of a focus, especially after the Washington game. He flunked the eye test and the metric one - his game vs WFT was the worst performance of any lineman in terms of pressures surrendered at one point mid way through the season and I also think he ranked near the top there overall despite his level of playing time. And for all of his characterization as a mauler when he was drafted, he hasn't shown much ability to noticeably impose his will in the run game in any kind of consistent fashion.

I think there's a difference between having potential talent and being talented. That being you have to be able to put that potential into action. Otherwise it doesn't mean much.

If Kromer can unlock something in him, that would be great and I'd be legitimately happy for Cody to turn it around, but ultimately it's going to come down to him and he hasn't shown much reason to be optimistic IMO. It seems a lot more likely that the effort will end up more on the 'trying to polish a turd' vs 'uncovering a diamond in rough.'

There’s typically a lot more going on inside the team than we know. The Spain situation is just coming to light.

I do think Ford was a fish out of water. He’s a run game mauler who played tackle in college. The Bills moved him to guard in a passing offense. The learning curve for players is different. Ford was highly rated in college.

There are typically more line reclamation projects than most positions due to the unique combination of mental and physical skills needed. So I’ll wait to see if Kroger can get Ford to produce.

Reactions: Onry

Onry

Mar 6, 2006

Well, try this translation...maybe you'll be less annoyed:

"Ah, yeah...well...I got paid and thought me and the Bills were good. Then they got a new O line coach, and were looking for me to up my game. But all these changes and no pre-season and all, I wasn't ready (invested) to get down with the new drill. But, hey...I got mine and it's all good here in Cincy, workin' hard to protect QB Joe in the Super Bowl ! (ahh...yeah...don't worry about those 9 sacks against the Titans. He's a tough kid and can take a beatin').

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Can we go get Danielle hunter? They need cap space.

I realize we are not in great cap shape but get rid of Edmunds and we have space again. This team desperately needs an edge rusher in the elite category.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Can we go get Danielle hunter? They need cap space.

I realize we are not in great cap shape but get rid of Edmunds and we have space again. This team desperately needs an edge rusher in the elite category.
Yeaaah that's just not gonna happen. They love Edmunds. Maybe we'll see more consistency out of the kids.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Well, try this translation...maybe you'll be less annoyed:

"Ah, yeah...well...I got paid and thought me and the Bills were good. Then they got a new O line coach, and were looking for me to up my game. But all these changes and no pre-season and all, I wasn't ready (invested) to get down with the new drill. But, hey...I got mine and it's all good here in Cincy, workin' hard to protect QB Joe in the Super Bowl ! (ahh...yeah...don't worry about those 9 sacks against the Titans. He's a tough kid and can take a beatin').
To be clear I was annoyed by Spain.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Whats on the Menu Mafia ?

Homemade pizza (take out WAY too busy today any where good), antipasto, for brunch here in a bit

Barbecue ribs, slaw, corn bread later

Have the Rams @ -3.5 (4.5 now on Caesers) , over/under is tricky imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad