GDT: Offseason 2023 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I dont even know if I actually want him. I mean, it sounds like fun, he has cup experience, would help our PP all that crap. But then if we get the Rangers version it's going to be crappy lol.

Was he hurt while with the Rangers though? I don't recall.

He beats having Nick Cousins in the Top 6, and I like Cousins lol

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I said it before, you can't come back from hip resurfacing. Jovo couldn't play. Backstrom can't play (if the Caps were trying and not just keeping Ovi happy while he record chses he'd be bought out). The surgery doesn't bring you back to NHL level.

Reactions: Laus723

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Ludvig getting claimed just shows how little value Carlsson has. Ludvig still has some potential but it's a long journey if he wants to be a top4 dman.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Ludvig has suffered from having basically 1 full professional season while formally having 3 of them which makes him waiver eligible. Short track record, not a lot of time for development.
Too many damn injuries unfortunately, he never had a chance to get up to speed with a team and fully show what he could do. I was hoping he could be a mean shutdown crease clearing d man for us. Oh well. Screw you Dubas.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Suddenly the score is
Good news 0
Bad news 100

3af572a7f0f209ff.png

Zito sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: KW

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Sourdif apparently will be sent down? This roster shit is confusing, start the season
22/23 on the active roster, less than 500k in cap space...
Bennett not on IR
Ekblad and Montour on IR, not LTIR
Ritchie hasn't been signed

If it's just manipulations to create more cap space, then it's OK, otherwise I don't like this projection

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
I said it before, you can't come back from hip resurfacing. Jovo couldn't play. Backstrom can't play (if the Caps were trying and not just keeping Ovi happy while he record chses he'd be bought out). The surgery doesn't bring you back to NHL level.
If this is true and he looked so bad last year, not sure why Florida even wants him.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Oh I’ll take Kane in a heartbeat. I really hope that happens. I was begging to get him a couple years ago (pre injury), so it’d be funny for it to come full circle.

I know his injury is a concern. I think that’s why he probably didn’t succeed too much in New York. He’d most likely be playing with Barkov and like toews he’s a big bodied left handed centerman who’s the captain of the team and one of the best defensive forwards in the game. I think Kane would slot in just fine next to him and Erod. Barkov and rod are both big bodied guys who can work the boards, play more defensively sound hockey and let Kane do his thing.

And a huge plus, it would allow us to keep an incredible middle-6 together. That second line of Verhaeghe-Bennett-tkachuk is magic and I really want them to stay together, and then Loustarinen-Lundell-Reinhart. Lomberg-Lorentz-Cousins rounding out an aggressive 4th line and Barkov with Kane to top it off? Yeah I’ll take that. That pp would be awesome too. And if he doesn’t play well due to the injury/surgery then we literally could just go back to what we were going to do in the first place without him. It’s not like we’re trading assets to get him. He’s free in that regard so I don’t see the risk or cause for concern. I just don’t know how they’d make it work capwise is the only thing

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
If this is true and he looked so bad last year, not sure why Florida even wants him.
I had linked this a few months ago: Professional athletes that get hip resurfacing surgery typically do not have successful returns

-only 4 NHLers have had it done: Jovanovski, Backstrom, Kesler, Mike Sillinger (Kesler couldn't come back from it, Sillinger had it after retirement)
-The average age it's done is 51

100% Kane was playing hurt last year, but watching Jovo in 2014 and Backstrom in 2023, they both can't play. It makes sense to get him because Florida has no draft capital still but he's likely cooked.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
This training camp/pre-season is playing exactly how I expected to. A total mess with a bunch of questions on the back end with Montour/Ekblad out.

I don't like the idea of losing Ludvig but I never saw him play all that much so I can't really comment on his level of play. I am still baffled by Carlsson being sent down with so many scrubs still up with the big team.

Regarding Kane, my guess is that Zito has seen what he needed to from the forward group and feels they need another offensive punch. Kane is a black hole defensively and extremely lazy, especially the last few seasons. That could change with motivation on a better team but who knows. Maurice will have complete fits with him and his play but if he provides offense, signs a 1-year deal and isn't a total disaster in his own end I say why the hell not?

Oh I’ll take Kane in a heartbeat. I really hope that happens. I was begging to get him a couple years ago (pre injury), so it’d be funny for it to come full circle.

I know his injury is a concern. I think that’s why he probably didn’t succeed too much in New York. He’d most likely be playing with Barkov and like toews he’s a big bodied left handed centerman who’s the captain of the team and one of the best defensive forwards in the game. I think Kane would slot in just fine next to him and Erod. Barkov and rod are both big bodied guys who can work the boards, play more defensively sound hockey and let Kane do his thing.
Erod is 5'11 and 175lbs on a good day, he's smaller than that to be honest.

Solid defensively? Yes very good. Big bodied? Not so much ;)

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
How is Denisenko doing?

If it wasn't for the Rodrigues signing Deni would be on the team. Also the comment was made before the signing... just own up to it haha

Lol he barely made the team...And even then only because of injury.

He won't be a fringe player either, kid will put up points. Also for a team that just went to the Stanley Cup finals barely making it is still quite the accomplishment. This isn't the Coyotes where all the spots are open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad