OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI : It appears that WZLX 100.7 will flip to all sports

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Local RSNs only get the first round, right? Everything from the 2nd round onward is exclusive to ESPN and TNT, IIRC.

Anyone think that there's a chance Wednesday could be the last time we hear Jack?
There's definitely something going on. I am far more concerned about his longterm health, to be honest. Whatever is wrong, they've done a tremendous job of keeping a lid on it.

I think it's possible. :(

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Local RSNs only get the first round, right? Everything from the 2nd round onward is exclusive to ESPN and TNT, IIRC.

Anyone think that there's a chance Wednesday could be the last time we hear Jack?
Possible. Barring health I think he will want to stick around seeing as he hasn't lost his enthusiasm.

Unless NESN wants to part ways I guess. I don't know how his type of job is or if he has a contract of some sort though?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Correct.

I believe @Fenway has said it’s ESPN for Rounds 2-3 and Turner for the Final.

We watched Game 3 on NESN because the Turner broadcast was delayed.

The image quality was considerably inferior and my wife noticed how off Jack sounded.

It’s worrisome and I wish the best to the man.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I've been watching the 'on this day' show on nesn and this morning it's Bruins @ Montreal 4/26/88. I had this evil thought that I'm surprised they don't add the digital ads on the old classic games too.

• Haha
Reactions: rfournier103

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Donnelly on Bruins and NHL Playoffs - 2 p.m. Thursday, 04.27.23​

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I finally got it with Felger.

Like Wrestling.

A very entertaining script (great stunt people) that entertains.
Hardcore nuts and bolts "sports guy" is boring radio. It just is. There is a reason Felger and Mazz kill it in the ratings. People find the show entertaining and that's the name of the game.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Hardcore nuts and bolts "sports guy" is boring radio. It just is. There is a reason Felger and Mazz kill it in the ratings. People find the show entertaining and that's the name of the game.
Which is why I am convinced they don’t believe half the shit they say.

Sarcasm coming back at me: “Yeah Donnie. There’s a new hot take.”

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I could have killed him for blowing the whistle this morning. He's awful. I wish they would ignore his calls
Of all the random bit characters, he's the one I can't stand. It's just a mentally ill homeless guy yelling and they can't steer conversation anywhere when he's on the phone because he's mentally ill. It's obnoxious.

I love Guy From Machine, he's hilarious. I'm also okay with Xanadude. But Rock 'n' Roll Mike is horrible

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
Oh boy

Attachments

• B48E71D9-F16B-461D-9624-70504CF61B69.png
    B48E71D9-F16B-461D-9624-70504CF61B69.png
    278.7 KB · Views: 10

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sucks what’s happening to him. I knew Wallach was a corporate bootlicking weasel but very surprised by Rich.
I'm not blaming Wallach after all the shit Fred has talked about him for getting the gig with the Celtics. Fred's jealousy towards Wallach is disgusting and unwarranted. Wallach earned his opportunity by doing side gigs for Bryant and other schools. That wasn't just handed to him like Fred tries to imply.

Wallach fought back finally and Fred got even more pissed.

Him shitting all over Rich and accusing him of keeping secrets and being a shill for management was gross. Rich stepped up to keep a valuable member of the team at the station and Fred did nothing but cry about his divorce.

Does anyone blame Nick for staying away from Fred? Between making fun of his health issues to blasting him about him not telling him about his newborn son, I'm surprised we didn't hear Nick absolutely lose it on air.

Fred has had one too many get out of jail free cards and it is about time the coddling and sweeping his behaviors under the rug to stop.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Felger was prophetic with his Bruins takes this year. f***ing nailed it.
Every time I tune in it's like listening to someone learn about the NHL for the first time - today they were singing the phrases of all the panthers players they saw for the first time in this series. Big Verhaeghe fans these days.. :laugh:

Reactions: sarge88

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Do these things ever end on good terms? Think Francessa and Mad Dog for one. It will probably end badly here and then years later they'll patch things up.

Minihane said yesterday on his podcast that he talked to Fred. I'm hoping Fred can make an appearance on his podcast soon.
Now I have to ask. There was a clear feud between Minihane and Fred years ago. Or was that all an act too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad