OT: Official Off-topic Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

My dogs getting up there. She's my first and I have had her since the move to CA. When she goes I will be unreachable for a few days.

I'll just remember

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
winter has come to florida!

0YuAC.jpg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I have replaced hockey with crafting (odd swap, I know). Here are some coasters I made. Might be one of my favorite projects....super easy and it's CHEAP. Tie 4 together with a pretty ribbon, and it's a cute gift.

12214_701529502503_792647260_n.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I have replaced hockey with crafting (odd swap, I know). Here are some coasters I made. Might be one of my favorite projects....super easy and it's CHEAP. Tie 4 together with a pretty ribbon, and it's a cute gift.

Nicely done KP! I admire those who are creative because I surely am not.

Anyone know the best place to get Ugg slippers? I need to get a pair of slippers and I hate most kinds. My regular Uggs are so comfy but I don't like wearing them in my apartment because I have all carpet.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Nicely done KP! I admire those who are creative because I surely am not.

Anyone know the best place to get Ugg slippers? I need to get a pair of slippers and I hate most kinds. My regular Uggs are so comfy but I don't like wearing them in my apartment because I have all carpet.

Glad to hear you like Uggs. The Bride has always looked at the boots but would never buy them because 'too expensive'.
So Santa is bringing a pair of classic tall black boots. Hope she likes them.

I got them here:

http://www.sneakerama.com/Uggs.html

It's local for me and great folks run the place. I saw they had slippers and I think they will ship.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I was having a cool dream that was like an 80's vampire movie and of course I wake up.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

that is very cool KP.

I admire people who can do stuff like this. I'm great at sewing buttons back on but as for the rest of it forget it :laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Just finished baking 5 dozen toll house cookies from scratch.

Christmas can arrive any time now, I'm ready for it :xtree::santa::rudolf::gift::elf:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Glad to hear you like Uggs. The Bride has always looked at the boots but would never buy them because 'too expensive'.
So Santa is bringing a pair of classic tall black boots. Hope she likes them.

I got them here:

http://www.sneakerama.com/Uggs.html

It's local for me and great folks run the place. I saw they had slippers and I think they will ship.

Thanks!! I own 3 pairs. 2 tall boots in black and grey and a pair of short tan boots. I scotch guard them all every year and I replace the bottom lining when need be for comfort.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
cant do Uggs...flat boots give me migraines. I hv to do short Bandolino boots with a small heel.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
the terwilliger family xmas tree with three xmas's worth of presents under it.

Yfxb6.jpg

i still have some things to wrap for my wife but i am literally too lazy to put them in bags.

also you can see our dog in that one.

facebook might just end relationships with members of my family :laugh:

glad to hear that things are working out for wbc. i don't know people on this board very well but i do think highly of most of you. :)

Nice pup !

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just finished baking 5 dozen toll house cookies from scratch.

Christmas can arrive any time now, I'm ready for it :xtree::santa::rudolf::gift::elf:

I made 6 chocolate/ cinnamon coffee cakes and 2 almond poppy seed cakes. Tomorrow it's apple pie. My house smells good.

I finished wrapping and finally put the rest of the stuff on the tree.

My daughter is at the gym..ooops she just got home. ;). It's nice having her around ( she lives in Calif).

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
watching Toddlers and Tiaras.

this show stresses me out:shakehead[/QUOTE

I'm watching fake diamond jewelry - so sad, because some of the designs are so pretty.

How sad is this - I'm sitting here watching a jewelry show and just ordered an audio cable for my satellite radio and a Nite Ize carabiner for my purse. I feel like I should order some jewelry to get my girly-girl card back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad