Speculation: Now that Keefe is gone what happens to the rest of the staff?

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I’m pretty sure Berube wants to bring Steve Ott with him.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
A non binary transgender of colour - checks even more boxes.
I think AI is going to be the next big, do they have rights and souls?
1715867491825.jpeg

We should get ahead of the curve and start now.

• Haha
Reactions: Darcy Tucker

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Fire them all out of the clown canon. The message should be sent that nobody is safe.

Instead minimal movement will happen. Nobody rocks the boat and the business of not succeeding will be good again.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The team's press release announcing Keefe's firing included "decisions regarding the remainder of the coaching staff will follow."

That suggests to me that they haven't decided what to do. Pagnotta mentioned yesterday that part of the discussions that Berube is having with teams, is about how much control he has over the rest of the bench - Berube wants to bring in at least 1 of his own assistants.

I imagine the Leafs are holding off on deciding what to do with the rest of the staff until they have made inroads with their new head coach. Apparently, Berube's assistant is someone who has recent experience being a head coach in the NHL - so if you bring both Berube and his preferred assistant in, you can analyze what their strengths & weaknesses are relative to the rest of the staff, and presumably decide what to do from there.

Reactions: Da Mash

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The team's press release announcing Keefe's firing included "decisions regarding the remainder of the coaching staff will follow."

That suggests to me that they haven't decided what to do. Pagnotta mentioned yesterday that part of the discussions that Berube is having with teams, is about how much control he has over the rest of the bench - Berube wants to bring in at least 1 of his own assistants.

I imagine the Leafs are holding off on deciding what to do with the rest of the staff until they have made inroads with their new head coach. Apparently, Berube's assistant is someone who has recent experience being a head coach in the NHL - so if you bring both Berube and his preferred assistant in, you can analyze what their strengths & weaknesses are relative to the rest of the staff, and presumably decide what to do from there.

Clear the them all out and give him A-Z on staff. You run the bench and I run the roster but will value your input.

Easy peasy.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
How can you say he did a good job with the goaltending we were given? something CLEARLY didn't work, they can both f*** off into the sun.
:laugh:

So what you are saying, is we had great goaltenders, and the coach screwed it up?

So it was the coach who was responsible for Samsonov's great run in the middle of the season... was the coach great then? Or was it just because of the player? Did the player screw up in the playoffs, or was that the coaches fault?

Again, instead of another post full of hysteria, and little substance, please provide a concrete reason.... or is this just another post in a long history of reactionary posting, without substance?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Clear the them all out and give him A-Z on staff. You run the bench and I run the roster but will value your input.

Easy peasy.

MLSE aren't going to cut costs by any means, but we are entering a new era with ownership where they simply won't be throwing blank cheques at every problem now.

The consistent losing has very much changed the calculus internally.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
MLSE aren't going to cut costs by any means, but we are entering a new era with ownership where they simply won't be throwing blank cheques at every problem now.

The consistent losing has very much changed the calculus internally.
They need to cut bait and restructure. Dont worry the parents will just raise your service fees and ask the gov for more grants to improve rural areas.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
:laugh:

So what you are saying, is we had great goaltenders, and the coach screwed it up?

So it was the coach who was responsible for Samsonov's great run in the middle of the season... was the coach great then? Or was it just because of the player? Did the player screw up in the playoffs, or was that the coaches fault?

Again, instead of another post full of hysteria, and little substance, please provide a concrete reason.... of is this just another post in a long history of reactionary posting, without substance?

here is an idea why don't YOU actually provide Evdience to the contary? all I have to prove they were both shit was look at Samsonov's overall numbers, he was unplayable for about 4 months, he mentally crumbled, we know that because he was sent to the minors, he didn't play there but he was sent there.

how can you defend either one> they are both shit

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
here is an idea why don't YOU actually provide Evdience to the contary? all I have to prove they were both shit was look at Samsonov's overall numbers, he was unplayable for about 4 months, he mentally crumbled, we know that because he was sent to the minors, he didn't play there but he was sent there.

how can you defend either one> they are both shit
You made a statement, that lacks any evidence... just more wild BS. Cheers.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You made a statement, that lacks any evidence... just more wild BS. Cheers.

what BS> was he not sent to the AHL because he mentally crumbled ? that happened if the goaltender that you are coaching gets sent to the minors because he's mentally weak it means 2 things.

1 Yes he does suck

2 you aren't doing your job as a coach.

both things can be and are true.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
They need to cut bait and restructure. Dont worry the parents will just raise your service fees and ask the gov for more grants to improve rural areas.
Nah - they probably don't.

The ownership setup works fine, though the murkiness that we're about to enter without Tanenbaum bridging the two telecomms is going to be really interesting to watch unfold.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
We never had a coach of colour yet.

a female of colour - checks a bunch of boxes

So being a female and being of colour means you can never be hired on merit?

I don’t care if it pisses people off but this line of thinking is what pisses me off about people on this board.stop saying shit just to say it or think it’s funny. Not everyone on this board is Caucasian. Some of us are black or other ethnicities and it’s a major slap in the face to read comments like that.

FYI, Vancouver has two assistant GM’s who are female and that club has been dominant all year and one handles all the contracts on the team, I don’t see a bad contract on Vancouver and their cap structure is fantastic.

While I do agree diversity hiring/hiring just to check a box isn’t the best practice; there are people of colour or women who can do the job and be successful.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

I personally think it’s Berube as the head, Todd or Bruce as the assistant coach. Both Todd and Bruce have a record running successful PP’s

I personally think it’s Berube as the head, Todd or Bruce as the assistant coach. Both Todd and Bruce have a record running successful PP’s

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002

I don’t care if it pisses people off but this line of thinking is what pisses me off about people on this board.stop saying shit just to say it or think it’s funny. Not everyone on this board is Caucasian. Some of us are black or other ethnicities and it’s a major slap in the face to read comments like that.

FYI, Vancouver has two assistant GM’s who are female and that club has been dominant all year and one handles all the contracts on the team, I don’t see a bad contract on Vancouver and their cap structure is fantastic.

While I do agree diversity hiring/hiring just to check a box isn’t the best practice; there are people of colour or women who can do the job and be successful.
lighten up, smile ... stress is a nasty thing ... this attitude that finds every statement offensive is growing old

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I don't think anybody has said there weren't of course there are.

But people DO get hired in this day and age just to tick boxes it happens

Reactions: francis246

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad