NHL TV ratings 2023/2024

Reaser

May 19, 2021
HNIC opening night, Wednesday October 11.
7pm game - 2.02 million
10pm game - 1.23 million

Those #s were for HNIC last Saturday.

Reaser

May 19, 2021
Nope, as it says in the article, the leafs habs game drew over 2 million.

No, it says Leafs, Habs and Flames were featured in the 7pmET window.

The CFL didn't have Wednesday games going H2H, obviously. It was the Saturday night CFL game going H2H w/HNIC that the article is about.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No, it says Leafs, Habs and Flames were featured in the 7pmET window.

The CFL didn't have Wednesday games going H2H, obviously. It was the Saturday night CFL game going H2H w/HNIC that the article is about.
Ahh ya, missed the comma thanks

Reactions: Reaser

Kirk Van Houten

May 7, 2019
We'll see the numbers later on today but I really liked the Frozen Frenzy from ESPN last night actually I would put this on opening night it would be more exciting to me and schedule wise a bit better perhaps. Here in South America on the streaming plataform ESPN has they put an spanish audio option for the Frozen Frenzy the effort is being made in Latin America.

4mats4

Sep 15, 2019
We'll see the numbers later on today but I really liked the Frozen Frenzy from ESPN last night actually I would put this on opening night it would be more exciting to me and schedule wise a bit better perhaps. Here in South America on the streaming plataform ESPN has they put an spanish audio option for the Frozen Frenzy the effort is being made in Latin America.
I’m curious what the peak viwership was. Considering it was such a long broadcast I don’t think the total average audience will look that impressive but I’m really curious what the numbers look like during the busiest point of the night

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
It would be nice for them to do Frozen Frenzy on most Saturdays once college football is done (Dec-Apr) on Saturday nights. It's the busiest night of the schedule with multiple games from 7pm ET through the night. It doesn't need to be 8 hours and every team doesn't need to be playing, just many.

I also assumed there would be a delay in the FF feed versus a live game feed but found streaming FF to be ahead of streaming the same game by a few seconds.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Reaser

May 19, 2021
I’m curious what the peak viwership was. Considering it was such a long broadcast I don’t think the total average audience will look that impressive but I’m really curious what the numbers look like during the busiest point of the night

ESPN PR only gave us the combined (ESPN & espn2) peak:

918k during 9:15pmET quarter hour.

Joe from Maine

Jun 6, 2019
Disappointing Boston-Chicago number. Bedard hype is dead and Boston won’t be tuning into the regular season after last seasons all time choke job.
Not sure if is that disappointing. Tremendous competition of opening night NBA and National League game 7.
12 million viewers between the two games. Also, adding in ESPN2 viewership for frozen frenzy. The Bruins-Blackhawks game and frozen frenzy combined to peak at 918K viewers at the 9:15 PM quarter hour (see above). In context not to bad.

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Pattaya, Thailand
Not sure if is that disappointing. Tremendous competition of opening night NBA and National League game 7.
12 million viewers between the two games. Also, adding in ESPN2 viewership for frozen frenzy. The Bruins-Blackhawks game and frozen frenzy combined to peak at 918K viewers at the 9:15 PM quarter hour (see above). In context not to bad.
Always an excuse. What do you expect every other network to go black when there’s NHL game on?

Reactions: joelef

Joe from Maine

Jun 6, 2019
It's not an excuse it is a reason. I thought this site was to discuss ratings and what drives the numbers. I didn't think it was for people to use it as any excuse to bash something or someone. Silly me, I should have known better by now.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
It's not an excuse it is a reason. I thought this site was to discuss ratings and what drives the numbers. I didn't think it was for people to use it as any excuse to bash something or someone. Silly me, I should have known better by now.
Next Big Thing is always posting anti Winnipeg and anti Boston stuff in these threads. Claims to have a source for ratings although he never posts numbers, and his alleged source got fired from his job in hockey media a decade ago for creeping on women through his Twitter account. It's damn near public knowledge he's full of shit lol

Joelef only posts tone deaf criticisms without any actual substance or understanding of the topic at hand, which is interesting due to his ubiquity in these threads the last few years. His usual response to anybody with nuance is the "excuses excuses" thing he already hit ya with.

There used to be a deranged soccer guy here, but that seems to have been nipped in the bud.

Everyone else treats the board like how you said, as a way to discuss ratings and what drives the numbers, so I'd suggest putting them on ignore. Makes the thread much more readable

Coinneach

Feb 1, 2014
Czech Republic
NHL TV ratings 2023/24

10/10/2022 Predators-Lightning: 598k (ESPN)
10/10/2022 Blackhawks-Penguins: 1.431M (ESPN)
10/10/2022 Kraken-Golden Knights: 691k (ESPN)
10/11/2022 Blackhawks-Bruins 896k (TNT)
10/11/2022 Avalanche-Kings 377k (TNT)
10/17/2022 Lightning-Sabres 552k (ESPN)
10/17/2022 Avalanche-Kraken 513k (ESPN)
10/18/2022 Penguins-Red Wings: 699k (TNT)
10/19/2022 Blackhawks-Avalanche: 401k (ESPN)
10/24/2022 Leafs-Capitals: 475k (ESPN)
10/24/2022 Bruins-Blackhawks: 526k (ESPN)
10/24/2022 Flyers-Golden Knights: 278k (ESPN)
10/25/2022 Capitals-Devils: 452k (TNT)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad