GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2024 (6:30 PM EST, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I don't know why but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about tonight. God damn is this franchise due a break. Get it done Bettman.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
New conspiracy theory just dropped...

Instead of putting his thumb on the scale for Chicago, Bettman goes Utah this time to give the new market a star player to hype around

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Which is why I’m expecting third. Why third? Well because then that makes us pick between smith and Carlsson, which would make me believe we take Smith and then everyone here goes up in arms about it. It’s almost the worst case scenario to make this management team pick between these two players.
This is what I said last year. I was pretty on the nose (except for the prospect we’d be picking between, it was obviously fantilli or smith).

So if I am going to continue my streak…

I think we move back to 5th. Dropping one spot. It is the most likely scenario so I guess that’s a cop out, but I almost said they fall to 6. So small victories?

Please for once win the is damn thing and get celebrini lol.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
This is what I said last year. I was pretty on the nose (except for the prospect we’d be picking between, it was obviously fantilli or smith).

I think we move back to 5th. Dropping one spot. It is the most likely scenario so I guess that’s a cop out, but I almost said they fall to 6. So small victories?

7 is a lucky number :sarcasm:

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I just want it over with.

Sure a lottery win would be nice, but since that's not going to happen as long as Western teams win both spots I'll be satisfied. There's no consensus once you get past Celebrini anyway. I'm bored of conversations in the conditional tense and looking forward to ones based on "we are definitely picking fifth" (and also in the subjunctive, since we as Jackets fans truly live in the "could have").

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Positive conspiracy theory: NHL sees a chance to make two new stars in the winter classic and overhaul a broken franchise so puts the thumb on the scale for the Jackets to win.

Real Conspiracy Theory: Chicago Wins Celebrini to set up another dynasty in one of the best markets in the NHL. Jackets move down two spots and are back at the top of the draft next year with san jose and utah

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

This is where I'm at. I'm more accepting of it because it seems 2-10 could be a complete crapshoot and there's a real possibility we still get a legit top tier player(maybe not a franchise or superstar) but we SHOULD still be able to get someone to be excited about.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Bedard was born in North Vancouver. Celebrini was also born in North Vancouver. Don't want the NHL to think that 2 franchise players from the same city on the same team would be cool. I'm from North Vancouver as well so what would be cool is if Columbus wins the lottery so I have a local guy to cheer for. And if Celebrini becomes legit, maybe they'll sell his jersey(or Columbus merch) here in Vancouver.

Everyone have their lucky underwear on????

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
We only fall to 6th- 7th place because we can’t fall to 8th-9th. If that was an option CBJ would win this every year.

1715105236879.jpeg

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad