News Article: NHL.com Snow interview

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647939&navid=nhl:topheads

"I leaned on the people that had been in place here for decades. Whether it was Joanne Holewa, who has been here since Bill Torrey was the general manager, or Art McCarthy, who has been in the organization for 30 years, there was an infrastructure here for me to lean on -- Kenny Morrow in the scouting department, too. I wasn't thrown into the fire without a support group. And, to be able to work on the business side with some very talented people and a great owner in Charles Wang, it's been a great experience."

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647939&navid=nhl:topheads
Q: That leads me right into my next question, which is about the pending move to Brooklyn and the new relationship with the Nets at Barclays Center starting with the 2015-16 season. Do you have to change your philosophy as the GM to prepare the team for this move so it can be a successful transition both off the ice and on it, or does everything for you stay exactly the same as it has been?

A: "I think for us the best decision we made as an organization is to go through the rebuild that we've been through. It's obviously painful at times to go through the adversity that we've been through on the ice and that's a byproduct of going with younger players and developing from within. For us our philosophy will remain the same, build from within, through the draft, develop those players, and add free agents or any trade that can make our team better we will pursue it.

"The certainty of where we're going to be for the next 27 years will help us in attracting free agents who otherwise wouldn't have considered the Islanders. If I am going to sign a long contact I want to know where I'm going to be for the next several years."

."

I wish the writer had asked A) how do the isles take the next step, go from competitive to a playoff team? and B) are they at the point where they are looking for a Peca or Ryan Smyth like trade. A trade that would bring in a 27-30 yr old vet, with strong leadership skills and plenty still left in the tank ?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I wish the writer had asked A) how do the isles take the next step, go from competitive to a playoff team? and B) are they at the point where they are looking for a Peca or Ryan Smyth like trade. A trade that would bring in a 27-30 yr old vet, with strong leadership skills and plenty still left in the tank ?

I was looking for " the impact trade" question as well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad