NHL 22 Discussion

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It's a common tactic in media, particularly movies. If they expect something to be a dud they will wait until week before to release reviews/more info. The whole point of it is to maximize their launch sales.

It's a common tactic with films because a huge majority of the money they make is made in the first two weeks of release.

Comparing that tactic to a niche market video game like NHL is an enormous leap and illustrates a fundamental misunderstanding about the two things that are being compared.

Not to mention just last year NHL 21 got a 9/10 review from GameSpot and various editions of the game have been lauded as the Sports Game of the Year, etc. If you think that EA is sitting there trying to shield themselves from negative reviews that are going to sink their release, I think you're kidding yourself.

The franchise has long had a built in audience who buy the game every years. The percentage of potential buyers that are sitting around waiting for the reviews to come in is likely not very large, and as I previously pointed out, the series often receives good reviews, so I don't see why you think this somehow matters so much that EA is adjusting their release strategy.

Reactions: Beville

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
Great changes in EASHL especially the team size difference filter when searching for games and shorter club season finals. Interesting to see how pro players will approach the new more customizable builds. This year basically everyone played with a 185cm/77kg playmaker or puck moving d.

thrillermiller89

Jan 19, 2010
San Jose
I hope i can turn off X factor abilities can not stand the symbols and shit

The idea is good but then just create good players without the shit info on the ice.Looks like an arcade game like 3vs 3 come on Ea do the game like on televison with real intros not like a mobile game on your phone.Bought it since NHLPA 93 and this is not the right direction on the new console.
I miss the days when the superstar players actually felt like superstars and were rated far and away MUCH higher than other players. I think EA needs to revisit their player ratings.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Customizable EASHL builds might be the only reason I give this one a try.

But is it like before where I earn the customizable points, or do I have it from game 1 and can play around?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Update: technical test is only CHEL. Useless.

On the positive side, menu music is now more neutral / generic, and I no longer have to hear “the rich get richer then you die” over and over. Oh, sure, I love depressing messages about class warfare while relaxing. :thumbu::rolleyes:

Reactions: Agent Zub

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

On the positive side, menu music is now more neutral / generic, and I no longer have to hear “the rich get richer then you die” over and over. Oh, sure, I love depressing messages about class warfare while relaxing. :thumbu::rolleyes:
Oh really?

Bit annoying, I’ve not even downloaded it yet. Will probably do it tomorrow morning.

Reactions: CasusBelli

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

I got a code - gonna check it out after work even though I'm strictly offline usually. Still, Chel will give me a chance to see if the engine feels different and how the game handles overall. Cautiously optimistic that it might feel... better? Different? Not going to get my hopes high.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I got a code - gonna check it out after work even though I'm strictly offline usually. Still, Chel will give me a chance to see if the engine feels different and how the game handles overall. Cautiously optimistic that it might feel... better? Different? Not going to get my hopes high.
The menus look more polished. I will say that.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
They don't have the versus mode in the beta, lol.

I signed up for it with 2 different emails to make sure I get a code, here's a free PS5 beta code if anyone needs it

5AJ9-ENNN-9P4C

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Create a player on next gen is still the exact same garbage where you pick from generic faces lmao. There was better customization in like 2K6 or whatever it was hahah
Doesn’t EA also make The Sims? The faces in Sims 4 (which has been out for, what, seven years?) are more realistic than the premade NHL 21 ones.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
does anybody know how long this NHL 22 technical test is for?

Never mind i found out, From today until Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Got my code, have to wait until I'm done work! After playing some Madden 21 in the past few weeks, after having not played it for years, I might have to back off of my criticism of EAs NHL series a bit! Madden is a mess! I guess that's the "NHL has a smaller team" argument out the window....

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
Does anyone know how to get rid of that ****ing vibration?

I turned it off in the settings but once I got into my 1st EASHL game, my controller rumbled the entire damn game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad