New Schedule

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I was kind of hoping for a back to back next weekend. God damn 2 days wait between games :laugh:

February 18th game starts at 3pm. It's a holiday in Canada, does the US have a holiday too?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not sure Im a fan of a 5 day break in the schedule. Seams like there are generally 12-14 games a month, close to every 2nd night. Having 5 days off seams like it would make the schedule pretty tight for a while after that.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
9 back to back games.

Longest home-streak is 4 games (twice), and one 6-in-7 at home.

Longest away streak is 4 games (once) and one 6-in-7 on the road.

We play
4 times against Flames and Canucks,
5 times against Oilers and Wild (Oilers 3x at home, Wild 2x at home)

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
9 back to back games.

Longest home-streak is 4 games (twice), and one 6-in-7 at home.

Longest away streak is 3 games (twice) and those are part of a 6-in-7 on the road.

Pretty sure I saw a 4 game road trip early on in the season, could be wrong though.

EDIT: Yea, games 4-7 are all on the road.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Not sure Im a fan of a 5 day break in the schedule. Seams like there are generally 12-14 games a month, close to every 2nd night. Having 5 days off seams like it would make the schedule pretty tight for a while after that.

I guess they had to make it work with building availability and how the other teams are, but yeah, always annoys me when teams have 4-5 days off, but then play back to backs all year long. Not just this time.

Seems they could cut those to 1-2 nights off, and shave off a few back to backs. But I'm not a scheduler so I don't really know.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I guess they had to make it work with building availability and how the other teams are, but yeah, always annoys me when teams have 4-5 days off, but then play back to backs all year long. Not just this time.

Seems they could cut those to 1-2 nights off, and shave off a few back to backs. But I'm not a scheduler so I don't really know.

Yea I agree, its annoying as a fan having to wait 5 days between games haha. And even for the players having a 5 day break but then so many back to backs has to be annoying as well.

But I think your right, probably couldn't do much of anything about it due to arena availability. At least it only happens once.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
We play
4 times against Flames and Canucks,
5 times against Oilers and Wild (Oilers 3x at home, Wild 2x at home)
3 times against the other teams in the conference;

Red Wings
Kings
Sharks
Ducks
Coyotes

At home only once

Blackhawks
Blues
Blue Jackets
Stars
Predators

At home twice

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hate living way out on the East Coast of Canada. Really wish I could see an Avs game, maybe when they go to Calgary Ill fly out to see it.

Cannot wait for this season to get started. So many big question marks on this team and so many exciting unknowns to watch.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Lmao at the Ducks sked.

3 times they play back-to-back against the same team...

and they play Phoenix 3 games in a row ... and the Stars 3 games in a row.. gg NHL

Well we also have back-to-backs against the same team but they are home-away/away-home. The Ducks have these weird home-home against Red Wings and away-away against Edmonton.

+ the back-to-back-to-backs.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I wonder what kept them from doing the 7x4 division schedule, with home-and-homes against the rest of the conference. Seven games against each divisional opponent seems a little like overkill in a shortened schedule, but it also makes sense. Fight it out amongst your own. It was balanced and would have been bloody; not to mention that, with divisions rumored to change drastically in the off-season, it would have been a fitting swan song for the current order.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Prediction:
Canucks 4 (win 1)
Flames 4 (win 2, OTL 1)
Oilers 5 (win 3)
Wild 5 (win 2, OTL 1)
Red Wings 3 (win 1)
Kings 3 (win 1)
Sharks 3 (win 2)
Ducks 3 (win 2)
Coyotes 3 (win 1, OTL 1)
Blackhawks 3 (win 1)
Blues 3 (win 1)
Blue Jackets 3 (win 2)
Stars 3 (win 1)
Predators 3 (win 1, OTL 1)

That gives us 46 points, in a 48 game season, or around one point per game. Last season, teams that got around this number, were around 10th in their conference, or bubble play-off teams.

Just my guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad