New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You think a team that has thomas kyrou and bushnevich as core players has any chance in hell to succeed let alone make the playoffs. You gotta be joking that is horrific

This years version should have beaten boston without a doubt. I believe they were favored
This year they had some actual forward depth. They still have a meh defense and the goalies are meh. I’m not saying Keefe is great but it’s not like Toronto has much beyond four players.

Reactions: Guadana

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
You think a team that has thomas kyrou and bushnevich as core players has any chance in hell to succeed let alone make the playoffs. You gotta be joking that is horrific

This years version should have beaten boston without a doubt. I believe they were favored
You missed the point completely. I never said they should make the playoffs.

I said I would hope they could create offense better then AHL level teams.

Luckily our FO is seemingly smarter then this and arent leaning towards Berube at all

This year they had some actual forward depth. They still have a meh defense and the goalies are meh. I’m not saying Keefe is great but it’s not like Toronto has much beyond four players.
And completely just ignoring the fact that their 69 goal scorer misses 2 games, their 100 point 11 million dollar forward missed 3 games and their #1 goalie who led their comeback had to miss Game 7 due to injury...

And with all THAT, they still outplayed BOS by a long shot. They just got goalied by Swayman

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
You missed the point completely. I never said they should make the playoffs.

I said I would hope they could create offense better then AHL level teams.

Luckily our FO is seemingly smarter then this and arent leaning towards Berube at all

And completely just ignoring the fact that their 69 goal scorer misses 2 games, their 100 point 11 million dollar forward missed 3 games and their #1 goalie who led their comeback had to miss Game 7 due to injury...

And with all THAT, they still outplayed BOS by a long shot. They just got goalied by Swayman
I think you are missing the point. You can’t create offence magically when the players are shit

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Nice reply. Thanks for your input
Being 15 or worse at 5 on 5 xgf in 4 of the 6 years says he’s a bad coach

Just cause he’s a respect my authority coach doesn’t mean he’s a good coach

I think you are missing the point. You can’t create offence magically when the players are shit
Offense was still shit with a prime tarasenk, oreilly, Perron,Krug, saad, kyrou

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The year he had his best roster he won the cup. Bad coaches don’t win the cup Im sorry. People think they can pick a coach using the analytic crap. The players play the game. A weaker roster results in poorer stats duh.
Sheldon Keefe took a number of strong rosters and only won a single playoff series. Those are the facts

My top candidates
1. Dan Bysma
2. Bob Hartley
3. Darryl Sutter
4. Mike Keenan

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_5901.jpeg

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Friedman said this morning that he thinks Berube is the favorite in Toronto but he also believes Treliving wants to slow down the process and not rush anything, so that checks out.

He also said that he previously thought the Devils were close to naming a coach but people told him don’t be so sure about that. He’s basically very unclear on timing/lead candidate and he’s not sure that Keefe is ready to jump right back into coaching.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Sheldon Keefe took a number of strong rosters and only won a single playoff series. Those are the facts

Might want to look at your facts again. None of those rosters were powerhouses, not even close.

Probably messed up by too many years of keefe

They choked under Babcock too. Care to explain that one?

Man you're just spouting nonsense

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Same shit roster went 30-19-5 without Berube
Nah, it’s unpleasant post to reply. This is a killing argument even for simplifiers.

It’s even interesting that Toronto are not so sure and slow it down. I believe a lot of smoke around Rod, it would be hard to beat Toronto if they will offer him a job.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Friedman said this morning that he thinks Berube is the favorite in Toronto but he also believes Treliving wants to slow down the process and not rush anything, so that checks out.

He also said that he previously thought the Devils were close to naming a coach but people told him don’t be so sure about that. He’s basically very unclear on timing/lead candidate and he’s not sure that Keefe is ready to jump right back into coaching.

I don’t blame him one bit. Keefe can probably get a job at any time he wants. I feel like anyone would want to decompress for at least a few months after that Toronto job.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I don’t blame him one bit. Keefe can probably get a job at any time he wants. I feel like anyone would want to decompress for at least a few months after that Toronto job.

I do think that'll be a factor. He might want to take some time and choose his next destination with more time, but he might also not get a more enticing offer for a team roster wise than ours if we offer him the job.

He would have so much young talent to work with again. We really do have ourselves in a good position to probably get our pick of the litter with where our roster is.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Hope they close out a coach soon. This is getting to be too much anticipation...

Meh, it was mid to late July 2007 when they named Sutter coach. I think they'll have a hire this week or next.

As for Keefe waiting, the thing is that there are so many jobs open now and while there's been a lot of talk about the coaching carousel and just how fast it spins these days, it does feel like if there are a bunch of hires this summer, there won't be very many next season. Philadelphia feels like it'll open up, Utah might clean out its front office and coaching staff, but there's just going to be far more vacancies this off-season.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Meh, it was mid to late July 2007 when they named Sutter coach. I think they'll have a hire this week or next.

As for Keefe waiting, the thing is that there are so many jobs open now and while there's been a lot of talk about the coaching carousel and just how fast it spins these days, it does feel like if there are a bunch of hires this summer, there won't be very many next season. Philadelphia feels like it'll open up, Utah might clean out its front office and coaching staff, but there's just going to be far more vacancies this off-season.

I'm sure Ottawa will have a spot open again next offseason (if not earlier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad