New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I think people love Berube because he looks mean and ''Holds people accountable'' on top of winning a cup fairly recently.

He's probably not a really bad coach or anything, but I think he's overrated.
Berube leads a horrific team every single year 5 on 5. They get destroyed / hemmed in every season and their team wins or not based on goaltending.

All Berube does is yell alot and has this aura like hes a winning coachh

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Berube leads a horrific team every single year 5 on 5. They get destroyed / hemmed in every season and their team wins or not based on goaltending.

All Berube does is yell alot and has this aura like hes a winning coachh
The year he had his best roster he won the cup. Bad coaches don’t win the cup Im sorry. People think they can pick a coach using the analytic crap. The players play the game. A weaker roster results in poorer stats duh.
Sheldon Keefe took a number of strong rosters and only won a single playoff series. Those are the facts

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The year he had his best roster he won the cup. Bad coaches don’t win the cup Im sorry. People think they can pick a coach using the analytic crap. The players play the game. A weaker roster results in poorer stats duh.
Sheldon Keefe took a number of strong rosters and only won a single playoff series. Those are the facts
The Leafs have not had a strong roster with this core. I think I’m on their third line.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Great facts.

Also facts, Berube's coached teams have been top 5 in the NHL in High Danger Chances allowed for 4 years straight. His teams have been horrifically bad for years, on par with CHI, ANA, MTL this season.

More facts, STL has been bottom 10 in goal scoring for 3 years straight now under Berube, with their chance creation on par with.... you guessed it CHI, SJS, ANA.

And dont give me the roster crap, Thomas, Kyrou, Buchnevich, Schenn are ALL more then good enough to create chances at a better rate then Mikael Grandlund as a #1 Center and the AHL team + Bedard in CHI

More facts since you dont like fancy stats, Berube is a below NHL .500 career coach. He losses more games then he wins. I would sure like to win games with my head coach, idk though.

Finally, saying bad coaches dont win the cup is a load of crap. Dan Bylsma, Mike Babcock, Peter Laviolette and John Tortorella have ALL won Cups. Not a single one of them should be in ANY consideration for the job. Winning the cup does not = Coach for the job FFS

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Great facts.

Also facts, Berube's coached teams have been top 5 in the NHL in High Danger Chances allowed for 4 years straight. His teams have been horrifically bad for years, on par with CHI, ANA, MTL this season.

More facts, STL has been bottom 10 in goal scoring for 3 years straight now under Berube, with their chance creation on par with.... you guessed it CHI, SJS, ANA.

And dont give me the roster crap, Thomas, Kyrou, Buchnevich, Schenn are ALL more then good enough to create chances at a better rate then Mikael Grandlund as a #1 Center and the AHL team + Bedard in CHI

More facts since you dont like fancy stats, Berube is a below NHL .500 career coach. He losses more games then he wins. I would sure like to win games with my head coach, idk though.
You think a team that has thomas kyrou and bushnevich as core players has any chance in hell to succeed let alone make the playoffs. You gotta be joking that is horrific

The Leafs have not had a strong roster with this core. I think I’m on their third line.
This years version should have beaten boston without a doubt. I believe they were favored

• Haha
Reactions: PKs Broken Stick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad