NCAA Hockey Expansion Thread

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Expansion-adjacency discussion option invoked ...
Atlantic Hockey and College Hockey America Join to Form Atlantic Hockey America

Rebranded leagues will debut in 2024-25

NAPLES, Fla. – April 30, 2024 – The Atlantic Hockey Association and College Hockey America announced Tuesday they will begin competing jointly as one united league under the name Atlantic Hockey America in 2024-25.

From the ocean waters of the Atlantic, to the rest of America, Atlantic Hockey America unites more than two decades of history from each conference while signaling a new era for the future.

Atlantic Hockey, which has competed as a NCAA Division I men’s ice hockey conference since 2003 and College Hockey America, which debuted in women’s NCAA Division I ice hockey in 2002, have shared administrative operations since 2010 but have competed as separate entities until today. ...

The two leagues bring a combined 43 years together under the Atlantic Hockey America brand. The 11-team men’s league consists of Air Force, AIC, Army West Point, Bentley, Canisius, Holy Cross, Mercyhurst, Niagara, RIT, Robert Morris and Sacred Heart. The six-team women’s league features Lindenwood, Mercyhurst, Penn State, RIT, Robert Morris and Syracuse and will welcome Delaware as its seventh member in 2025-26. ...

Read & See more at:

Reactions: EvilDead

Nodak651

Oct 5, 2014
Seems Tennessee State is serious about starting NCAA hockey starting in 2025. Guessing it may be a mix between club and NCAA games. First hockey season will be this fall, as a club program. Looks like they hired the perfect coach for them.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Seems Tennessee State is serious about starting NCAA hockey starting in 2025. Guessing it may be a mix between club and NCAA games. First hockey season will be this fall, as a club program. Looks like they hired the perfect coach for them.
That "perfect coach for them" certainly has an impressive resume. I hope he gets the long-term TSU administration support he needs to establish & grow a successful ice hockey program.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad