News Article: NBA Will Suspend Season: All Non-NHL Coronavirus Discussion

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
And what impact would lost revenue have on the salary cap?

Great question.

I would imagine as well it will be a huge PITA to reschedule weeks and weeks of NBA and NHL games, some in the same venues. And then what, have the playoffs in the summer? What then happens to the offseason? Lot of questions to be answered.

I think at some point they make the call to just cancel it all, or cancel the rest of the regular season and set the playoffs by points per game played, to even out the games in hand issue . There's only so far they can push things back.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
After reading the tea leaves Mrs MJF and I decided to end our road trip here in Calgary and return to NYC on a red eye tonight before it gets tougher to make changes to airline itineraries.

At best I think the Isles-Flames game would be played in an empty Saddledome. At worst the NHL would suspend the season. Either way there’s no reason for us to be here and we’re heading home. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Damn, I'm sorry your trip had to end abruptly like that. Smart move, though.

Reactions: MJF

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yes that’s absolutely true, and those in situations like yours I can understand taking extra precautions. However, my comment was more about the everyday person freaking out and stocking up on goods and supplies for the next six months and acting like it’s the end of the world. Like I said, it is worse than the regular flu, but to act like it’s the plague is just ignoring what it really is.

An Uber driver I know picked up a customer and later learned that the customer had been exposed.Now the driver and her family are under 14 day self-quarantine.

It's a pretty big deal for that family.
And not just the medical worries,but the adults losing weeks out of work.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The shortsightedness of people that cannot comprehend this is simply astounding.
It's not just that.

Some people truly don't give a $h!t.

Almost everyone has someone elderly in their extended circle of family and friends. Some also have close contacts who are immuocompromised.

Still doesn't matter to some people.

There's a story today in the NY Post about a guy who apparently had symptoms and knew he tested + for coronavirus yet he still boarded a flight. Perhaps a Rags' fan?

Imagine now your family member gets infected by this person.

I know what I would want to do to him.

There should be severe penalties for those who knowingly expose others.

There are similar regulations regarding HIV.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
yup- season is toast -- shame -- we were going to win the Cup too.

Damn.

When the Leafs won the 1993 Norris Division, they had a celebration at city hall.The team gave them championship rings :laugh:
A Leaf fan told me their players were so embarrassed about the ribbing this led to, that they stopped wearing the rings.

Maybe the isles can hand out SC rings? one for the thumb? :sarcasm:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Damn, I'm sorry your trip had to end abruptly like that. Smart move, though.
Thanks. Shit happens though.

When we heard the NBA suspended their season we figured the NHL would be forced to do something. Then we heard Trump’s speech last night and figured if we waited another day it could get tougher to change our Air Canada itinerary. So we didn’t even bother to check out of the hotel and went right to the Calgary airport to have one of the reps behind the counter rebook us. Flew all night and just got home 10 minutes ago. What an odyssey.

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Now baseball, SEC, and the Giants are pulling their staff from the road.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Thanks. Shit happens though.

When we heard the NBA suspended their season we figured the NHL would be forced to do something. Then we heard Trump’s speech last night and figured if we waited another day it could get tougher to change our Air Canada itinerary. So we didn’t even bother to check out of the hotel and went right to the Calgary airport to have one of the reps behind the counter rebook us. Flew all night and just got home 10 minutes ago. What an odyssey.

Thats smart. Dont want to risk getting stuck in Canada.

Reactions: MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad