Native American woman who worked as cultural advisor to Blackhawks sues team for sex harassment, fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The blackhawks love telling the truth about these types of things don't they

Yeah maybe she was asking for it too like beach. When does history or reputation matter to some of you? Only when u need to get off scot free I guess.
They fired the GM, Head Coach, AGM, President and CEO of the org over this lawsuit and rightfully so. They terminated Corey Perry's contract after immediately removing him from the team because of a sexual harassment incident. How much more accountability would you like?

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
They fired the GM, Head Coach, AGM, President and CEO of the org over this lawsuit and rightfully so. They terminated Corey Perry's contract after immediately removing him from the team because of a sexual harassment incident. How much more accountability would you like?
How about going forward we don't hear any more or this gross ****. Is that to much to ask? Why is it all coming from one team?

Reactions: WhataKnight

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I can't imagine how much money Loretta Lynch gifted out of the Bruins as a "consultant" after they signed Mitch Miller.
I think I remember you from the Crypto/Stock threads over the pandemic so I'm sure you were posting here during that time. It was annoying arguing with people that these actions and hires were completely phony and done to placate people upset over this sort of thing. They were so insistent it was a major cultural shift and not just 9-10 figure corporations covering their asses

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
How about going forward we don't hear any more or this gross ****. Is that to much to ask? Why is it all coming from one team?
Professional sports are full of men-children with gross habits and almost no inhibitions who have been told their entire lives that they are special stars who can do what they want.

The Blackhawks are an org with a bad reputation and a currently-controversial logo. In the public arena this is commonly known as "walking around with your dick hanging out".

I'm usually 100% behind violence/rape accusers getting a full investigation and support until the facts are ascertained but this case is smellier than most. I'm going to be very surprised if this is legit.

Edit: There are almost certainly people on here decrying the case because they hate women/"woke agendas" and not because of the actual circumstances of the lawsuit. I've known people like this in real life. It's absolutely a thing. The woman could have publicly posted a video of the entire Blackhawks roster assaulting her and some people would still say she somehow wanted it. Not all SA accusations are real and not all are fake, but some people are just disgusting wastes of flesh regardless of that fact.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This means nothing to you then? It must not be true if it's a statement from the Blackhawks? Look dude I don't know how true or not, how viable or not this woman's account of what happened is. It's not for me to decide. They'll decide that in court.

In response to harassment allegations made by Ms. Sanders:
The Chicago Blackhawks have a zero tolerance policy for misconduct and take allegations of harassment in the workplace very seriously. In response to Ms. Sanders' allegations, the organization immediately conducted a thorough investigation with the assistance of outside counsel, including interviews with internal and external parties, and review of pertinent materials and digital records. Based on the information available to us, we found insufficient evidence to substantiate her claims. Of note, the persons identified by Ms. Sanders in your question are not, and have never been, independent contractors with nor employees of the Chicago Blackhawks.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
The blackhawks love telling the truth about these types of things don't they

Yeah maybe she was asking for it too like beach. When does history or reputation matter to some of you? Only when u need to get off scot free I guess.

You clearly didn't read the article, or just selectively read it.

You can't place guilt based on prior instances. Sure, it can prove to be some sort of indicator, but you will not prove anything just because an organization had a prior incident, even if they had several of them. Just like the sexual abuse from Priests and me too movement. People with ill intent will latch on to prior instances and then folks like you will believe any accusation. Thankfully that's not how things work in the US.

I can tell you're one of the Mensa members I was referencing, so you feel wronged. I'm glad you've decided because a woman who was unceremoniously let go from a job can make any accusation and it's absolute truth. They fell into the DEI trap most organizations fell into to placate genius' like you and show, HEY WE'RE DOING SOMETHING, and it wasn't sustainable long term. It didn't help the tribe disagreed with her over the name.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I can tell you're one of the Mensa members I was referencing, so you feel wronged. I'm glad you've decided because a woman who was unceremoniously let go from a job can make any accusation and it's absolute truth. They fell into the DEI trap most organizations fell into to placate genius' like you and show, HEY WE'RE DOING SOMETHING, and it wasn't sustainable long term. It didn't help the tribe disagreed with her over the name.
The Blackhawks absolutely made nice with this woman to legitimize themselves and used her to establish a connection to the tribes in question, and then paid them off.

Not illegal, and not even lawsuit worthy, but still a dishonest scumbag move. It was never about sustainable or unsustainable DEI initiatives.

What we have here is (most likely) a case of two parties both acting in bad faith and the losing party filing a vexatious lawsuit.

You are just blindly parroting political stances like the guy you are arguing with. Argue the facts of the case or GTFO.

Last edited:

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Yeah, and he was immediately removed by the organization when most would have swept it under the rug as a nothing-burger and Perry was rewarded with his contract and getting to sign with a Playoff team.

Absolutely - they took action.

I simply want to see what happens next; whether the claims get validated or invalidated, how quickly it’s addressed, and the quality response before I immediately assume that the woman’s claims are bullshit.

Given how they handled Perry (reinstatement and Oil contract not withstanding), the ethics behind organizational decision making should be trending upwards. I’m going to watch how they hold this with some interest. If she’s telling the truth and can prove it, it’ll certainly give the Hawks an opportunity to keep trending in the right direction.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Not commenting on this case. I have no idea.

However, color me shocked that Blackhawks find themselves accused of
this type of thing. Again.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It sounds like she took the job in order to change the organization's mind about keeping the logo, but the organization was (no surprise) actually interested in changing the tribe's mind, instead. She's suing for "breach of oral contract" and "fraud" as if the organization explicitly told her that she was being hired to reach an agreement on a new logo, which I find hard to believe. I find it easier to believe that she just naively assumed that they'd do what she recommended, in which case she deceived herself. She also feels "used," which is the purpose of employment. She was hired (i.e. used) by the organization to help it achieve its interests, not to help her achieve her own.

As for the sexual assault accusations, it's hard to not be suspicious when they seem secondary to the breach of contract and fraud charges. When the lawsuit appears to be salty in the first place, accusations that seem tacked on should perhaps be taken with a grain of salt, as well.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
So the sexual misconduct apparently wasn’t with anyone who worked for the Hawks, it was two men who worked for entities that the Hawks received money from. The rest seems to be primarily about them not changing the logo when she wanted them to.

The misconduct should be dealt with appropriately, but that doesn’t sound like it’s the Hawks responsibility. They’re just included in the lawsuit, and from my limited knowledge of lawsuits you often will include anyone who you can possibly find a loose connection to the incident with and have them prove themselves innocent or they have to throw money in the pot.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah, I'm not gunna call anyone a grifter when they are accusing a known POS org that sweeps rape under the rug.
I didn't call her a grifter.
Who knows maybe the blackhawks are the good guys actually.
Not really relevant. They could be bad guys and not be guilty of what she's alleged. Both things can be true.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
As for the sexual assault accusations, it's hard to not be suspicious when they seem secondary to the breach of contract and fraud charges. When the lawsuit appears to be salty in the first place, anything else attached to it should perhaps also be taken with a grain of salt
This was my takeaway as well. We'll see how it all plays out but it's not passing the sniff test.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Yeah, shocking that a certain type of people try to gain personal advantages from a well publicized situation that happened years ago.
If you run into one ass, it’s just bad luck. If you continually run into asses, sometimes it’s not a bad idea to ask yourself why that might be the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
This was my takeaway as well. We'll see how it all plays out but it's not passing the sniff test.
Given how even her statements presents her as adversarial, and given that none of the sexual offenses seem to have happened before the Blackhawks made an agreement with the Sauk and Fox tribes, but she was still somehow involved in the organization and didn't bring the complaint forward until her contract renewal was declined, it's possible she put herself into situations where she would be exposed to opportunities for litigation.

Anything is possible with a litigious, adversarial, and vexatious party and she has a big hill to climb to prove her case. I'm not a lawyer, but I was a whistleblower in a false claims civil case and found many instances in my research where an entire case was sunk just by proving the complaining party was acting out of spite, even when evidence supported their claim.

Mar 12, 2009
Interesting how the "innocent until proven guilty" die hards are the same one's essentially claiming she is guilty of making false accusations with what little info we have to go by, making judgements about her before "all the information is out".

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
The Blackhawks absolutely made nice with this woman to legitimize themselves and used her to establish a connection to the tribes in question, and then paid them off.

Not illegal, and not even lawsuit worthy, but still a dishonest scumbag move. It was never about sustainable or unsustainable DEI initiatives.

What we have here is (most likely) a case of two parties both acting in bad faith and the losing party filing a vexatious lawsuit.

You are just blindly parroting political stances like the guy you are arguing with. Argue the facts of the case or GTFO.

You're making assumptions while accusing me of making political stances, yet I didn't mention anything political. And you of course are only selecting my response to the guy calling me out.

Sorry the idea of mentioning DEI upsets your delicate psyche, but it's a reality that has changed much within the legal system. Nothing has to be illegal or deemed "lawsuit worthy" for someone to launch accusations and subsequently file a suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad