Music Thread Pt. II

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Record Store Day list out. Anyone find something interesting?
Fair amount of stuff I'd probably wouldn't mind checking out then some musts

Give a listen list in alphabetical order--Allman Brothers, Tori Amos, Canned Heat, Larry Coryell, Dio, Duran Duran, Foals, John Elefante, Jerry Harrison. Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires, Joan Jett, Ian McCulloch Pixies, Elvis Pressley, Suzanne Quatro, Ramones, Todd Rundgren, Amanda Shires, Son Volt. Sparks, Donna Summer, Tom Tom Club, Frank Turner, UFO, Van Halen. Wilco

Must listen--Beach House, Broken Social Scene, David Byrne, Alex Chilton, Cowsills, The Cure, Miles Davis, The Doors, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Fleetwood Mac, Foals, Jose Gonzalez, Grateful Dead, Haircut 100 Billy Joel, Elton John. Klark Kent, Carole King, John Lennon, Madonna, Paul McCartney, Eddie Money, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Stevie Nick's, Phil Ochs, Our Lady Peace, Charlie Parker, Orville Peck, Keith Richards, Rolling Stones, Romeo Void, Ringo Starr, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros, T-Rex, Temptations, U2, Yes, Warren Zevon

That's what stood out to me initially. I'd pare that down if I had to

What's your list?

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
last surviving original member Gary Rossington 71

RIP
Damnit. Now we’ll never know what is meant by Shootin you straight, in What’s Your Name.

What's your name, little girl?
What's your name?
Shootin' you straight, little girl?
Won't you do the same?

Reactions: 19 in a row

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Damnit. Now we’ll never know what is meant by Shootin you straight, in What’s Your Name.

What's your name?
Won't you do the same?
I had the original album with the fire background that was pulled after the crash

Played it every Saturday morning to help shake off the Friday night hangover and gear up for CYO hoops at St.Athanasius gym.

Where have all the good times gone Big L??

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
One of the best shows I’ve seen. LS was a great live band.
👍

Saw them down here a few times with Johnny

Met them at a radio station meet and greet promo that my buddy won. It was my consolation prize for him giving my front row seat to some girl

Billy Powell, was the nicest guy of all. Signed some pictures and spent some time chatting. Rossington's wife was very nice too

Put Street Survivors on headphones while watching the kid at karate tonight

Never saw him live but on video, Allan Collins looked like a crazy man on-stage. I saw them mostly during the Ed King days,the second time around for him

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Although I'm not a LS fan, all these deaths just prompted my wife & I to buy tickets for the Wilco show in Port Chester on a school night (we have middle school kids). Who knows how long we all have anymore?

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
last surviving original member Gary Rossington 71

RIP
this broke my heart... they are all gone now. What an amazing band they were, could listen to every album without a bad song. Thank you for all the memories Skynyrd.

Skynyrd, Zeppelin, Boston, and Rush were the Mount Rushmore of my youth.. ( I would squeeze in the Kinks if I could).

Skynyrd's music has aged well, that 3 guitar powerhouse with Ronnie's powerful vocals and lyrics, always got me going whether it was King or later Gaines with Rossington & Collins.

Will also miss DeGrom walking up to the plate at Citifield to Simple Man.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
this broke my heart... they are all gone now. What an amazing band they were, could listen to every album without a bad song. Thank you for all the memories Skynyrd.

Skynyrd, Zeppelin, Boston, and Rush were the Mount Rushmore of my youth.. ( I would squeeze in the Kinks if I could).

Skynyrd's music has aged well, that 3 guitar powerhouse with Ronnie's powerful vocals and lyrics, always got me going whether it was King or later Gaines with Rossington & Collins.

Will also miss DeGrom walking up to the plate at Citifield to Simple Man.
Definitely part of the soundtrack of my high school/college years.

Good times and good tunes for sure!

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island

What's your name?
Won't you do the same?
I always got the lyrics wrong to songs. For year's I thought he was singing " shouldn't you stay "

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I saw Gabriel when he was still part of Genesis.
Lucky!! I've seen Genesis twice, but both in the PC years (07 and 21). Saw PG when he did the 26th anniversary So tour a decade ago and I saw PC solo in '04, but I never got to see PG's Genesis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad