MLB suspends Trevor Bauer for two seasons - UPD: arbitrator rules suspension is over & DFA'd

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hard no. The guy is a PR hot potato even before considering these incidents. Add in stuff like the Drone Incident, his lack of a filter in regards to the media and fans on social media, and his reputation of being a locker room cancer, it is understandable that teams are staying far away from him.

Plus in regards to the Jays, I don't think we would even be an option. Based on how he acted towards the Jays and Canada while he played in Cleveland and his very opinionated political comments would probaly remove the Jays as an option as a whole.

Personally I could give a crap about a players political opinions if they're good. Which he is.

RE bolded I wouldn't be so sure. I think at this point he'd sign with any team.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I've been really enjoying these pitching shorts that Bauer posts on YouTube, and I gotta say, I just don't understand the hate some people have for the guy...

The Jays should have signed him months ago!

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Maybe because he's an insufferable asshole who thinks his ego supersedes his team and has shown on numerous occasions to have incredibly poor judgement?
I guess I'm not following his journey quite as closely as you seem to be...

• Haha
Reactions: MMC

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
'not following his journey closely,' sir, you're in a years-old thread about him, specifically.

he's not on a team because everyone thinks he's a dick and doesn't want him in their clubhouse. usually, if you think someone is an asshole, you're not getting yourself up to work with them and deal with his/her shit.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
'not following his journey closely,' sir, you're in a years-old thread about him, specifically.

he's not on a team because everyone thinks he's a dick and doesn't want him in their clubhouse. usually, if you think someone is an asshole, you're not getting yourself up to work with them and deal with his/her shit.
Sharing his pitching videos...

Beyond the false allegation that lead to his suspension, I haven't been following his journey as closely as some to be aware that he's an insufferable asshole who thinks his ego supersedes his team and has shown on numerous occasions to have incredibly poor judgement

What's he done that's so bad?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Sharing his pitching videos...

Beyond the false allegation that lead to his suspension, I haven't been following his journey as closely as some to be aware that he's an insufferable asshole who thinks his ego supersedes his team and has shown on numerous occasions to have incredibly poor judgement

What's he done that's so bad?
Just one example:

Left his next start (in the ALCS) after 2/3 of an inning when the stitches burst. He's shown he has rocks in his head.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I had no idea he was such a monster!!!

This begs the question... if you had a time machine, would you go back and kill baby Bauer?
When you can't refute an example of bad judgment, make an incredibly stupid joke. Got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad