Recalled/Assigned: Meier recalled 12/15/16

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
7drHiqr.gif

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Would have been nice to be able to recall Barzal, an actual center, to replace Couture right about now...

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Would have been nice to be able to recall Barzal, an actual center, to replace Couture right about now...

Oh .. I think I need to start making 'in before Sideshow Raheem *****es about something post(s). Are you ever happy with anything?

We have 3 really good centers when healthy. Jumbo, Couture-Hertl. Tierney is not a great 3C but he is good in a 4C role. And then we have Pavs and Patty who can also fill in as C's too. Injuries are part of the game. Center depth is not something that is an issue for us.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Awesome that he got called up. Sucks that it had to be as a result of the Couture injury.

Yep. Since he was too sick to make it out of camp, it was clear he'd only get called up due to injury. But it sucks that the injury was to such an important player in any event but even moreso bc we're already down a center in Hertl.

I'm still excited to see Timo in the NHL.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Oh .. I think I need to start making 'in before Sideshow Raheem *****es about something post(s). Are you ever happy with anything?

We have 3 really good centers when healthy. Jumbo, Couture-Hertl. Tierney is not a great 3C but he is good in a 4C role. And then we have Pavs and Patty who can also fill in as C's too. Injuries are part of the game. Center depth is not something that is an issue for us.

Barzal would have still been a much better pick and he can play both wing and center while Meier can only play wing.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012

In the past it's always been "we have too many centers, we need wingers!!!" now it's the opposite. Some people will never be happy.

FIRE WILSON, FIRE PETE, BURN IT ALL DOWN

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
ScottyDont posted this lineup in the roster spec thread:

Marleau-Thornton-Meier
Boedker-Pavs-Lebanc
Ward-Tierney-Donsoki
Nieto/Haley-Wingels-Karlsson

I think it's the best solution, considering Carpenter/O'Regan weren't called up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad