Injury Report: Matthews out minimum three weeks with knee sprain

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

COME ON

Hoping Papi gets better by the time playoffs are around

This is freakin SCARY
It's actually good. There are a lot of players who will realize the team can't coast of Papi's skill. The Kerfoots and Engvalls of the team better take a long look in the mirror and realize if the team fails now, it is inevitable they get scrapped for a bag of pucks b4 the trade deadline if they are not already on the chopping block.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It's actually good. There are a lot of players who will realize the team can't coast of Papi's skill. The Kerfoots and Engvalls of the team better take a long look in the mirror and realize if the team fails now, it is inevitable they get scrapped for a bag of pucks b4 the trade deadline if they are not already on the chopping block.

watching kerfoot and his 3.5AAV do F all really ticks me off man

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
As others have alluded to, Matthews has clearly been bothered by something (likely wrist) all year.

Hopefully the knee injury isn't really serious and this is just a good excuse to get him a few extra games off.

I am also not so concerned about having home ice or not, which is really all that we're playing for at this point.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He wasn't dominating this year so hopefully some time off and he comes fresh and ready to produce

Need him to step it up and be our best player when he's baxk

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
that play late last game when he put the puck back into the Zone and set up a NYR chance was just horrible, guy has very low hockey IQ

ya really ticked me off and morons on the broadcast were sayning Lily was out of position well yea... kerfoot made a really DUMB play against the flow of the play. Everyone was moving forward.

Kerfoot is gonna cost leafs the series if he continues his moronic plays

Reactions: ULF_55 and Cleetus

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Maybe now with Matthews out they'll simplify the game on the PP and our top PP unit will actually be a threat every night. No excuse for our PP to not be top 3 in the league with the talent on that top unit.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
This hurts his chances at 50g, and that’s all I really care about tbh. Hope he rests up and comes back beast mode to hit the 50!

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Home ice meant exactly f*** all last year. Just make sure he is healthy for round 1, where it starts doesn’t matter that much.
This will create a strong possibility of game 1 and 2 being on Friday and Sunday night then!! Might have to make another trip out there for 2 games!!!

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Its ironic that Matthews feels 5-10 165 which is Marners size.....Marner feels 6-3 220 which is Matthews size. Matthews card gets called in the playoffs, which destroys the Leafs vibe. See MTL dman, Chariot that rag dolled him while Matthews looked like a 6th grader looking for help.

Good time to call Mike Tyson to train him not to be the softest 603 220 guy in the NHL. Im not saying fight but when Konecny exposes u, its a problem.
You need to fix your Google...it is busted

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I agree with the conspiracy theorists that Matthews has been playing injured for a while now and this is the best time possible to take a 3 week break given the bye week and all star break.

Convenient timing, especially leading up to the deadline where the Leafs can test the depth of their farm in bigger roles (like Holmberg tonight) and see what moves they need to make

Historically the Leafs have done well with Matthews' hurt but it will take some time to adjust.

Mar 26, 2010
leafs look like a house league team getting blown out by the Sens without him tonight. Huge loss. Matthews is the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad