Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I have seen a few people say this. Not sure why.

Stajan averaged about 10 goals a season and never scored 20 in a year.
I have to think there is much more offense in Cowan's future.

Stajan was really considered a glue guy in Calgary.

Not the top line center they sold to the fans, but he was well accepted and appreciated in Calgary.

I don't think Stajan had the kind of drive that we've seen from Cowan.

Reactions: arso40

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Stajan was really considered a glue guy in Calgary.

Not the top line center they sold to the fans, but he was well accepted and appreciated in Calgary.

I don't think Stajan had the kind of drive that we've seen from Cowan.
I haven't seen hundreds of Marner or Cowan hightlights from Junior. But they look very similar in what I did see. For example, Marner used to drive the net a lot. He's a perimeter player in the NHL.

Part of that is probably the "Junior effect". I'd be excited to see what Cowan can do in the regular season for the Leafs. I hope he keeps his motor/pest behaviour. We need guys that have that lol.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Following Cowans season and the Knights, they have alot of good players.

Especially impressed with Barkey. I posted post draft that I liked that pick by the Flyers and thought he was very dynmanic.

He's very small so some teams will have trepidation.

Who knows what kind of deals we will make this season but I think Barkey is legit and if we were to make a deal with them I'd target him. He actually also plays with some nice intensity and edge for a smaller player.

Cowan, Barkey, Dickinson, Halttunen, Bonk, O'Rielly, Julien, ,McCue all are players who could play in the NHL.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
I have seen a few people say this. Not sure why.

Stajan averaged about 10 goals a season and never scored 20 in a year.
I have to think there is much more offense in Cowan's future.
Fyi, I am referring to Minten here. Cowan is a massive wildcard still to me. Maybe he is as good as his contemporaries in the OHL lore, but it's strange because each of those guys had a "thing" that really separated them from other players. I'm still not really sure what Cowan's "thing" really is.

Reactions: The Iceman

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Fyi, I am referring to Minten here. Cowan is a massive wildcard still to me. Maybe he is as good as his contemporaries in the OHL lore, but it's strange because each of those guys had a "thing" that really separated them from other players. I'm still not really sure what Cowan's "thing" really is.
Let’s hope it’s playoffs.

Reactions: arso40

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
The thing that excites me about Minten was that 21-2 5v5 playoff stat. The points might have been a little underwhelming, but you're doing something right, if not special, at C if you can win your minutes that convincingly. Maybe there was matchup shenanigans afoot, but to come out of 7 game series against a roster with all Firkus/Yager/Savoie/Mateychuk is.. impressive

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
""

The thing that excites me about Minten was that 21-2 5v5 playoff stat. The points might have been a little underwhelming, but you're doing something right, if not special, at C if you can win your minutes that convincingly. Maybe there was matchup shenanigans afoot, but to come out of 7 game series against a roster with all Firkus/Yager/Savoie/Mateychuk is.. impressive
THat's the thing... it doesn't matter if we score a lot, or not much at all... if every line can win their battles, and be a plus 5v5.... and you've got good special teams, you win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad