Manchester United partial sale completed: Jim Ratcliffe acquires 27.7% share, 100% control of sporting side)

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
United and Arsenal at the same time though? Well, you are a Madridista so…

In all seriousness though, I think if my parents won the PowerBall lottery (I don’t play it) where the jackpot is a billion or something I think about how cool it’d be to do a Wrexham sort of thing with a small club. Not necessarily in England either but maybe in Spain.
If I were a real billionaire, I would not buy a sports franchise and if I did, I would make sure to build a good corporate structure to reduce chaos to a minimum. In other words, I would not put ex-players in management position they are not equiped to handle hehe.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If I were a real billionaire, I would not buy a sports franchise and if I did, I would make sure to build a good corporate structure to reduce chaos to a minimum. In other words, I would not put ex-players in management position they are not equiped to handle hehe.
Yeah, it would really depend on my life at that moment in time. With regards to a club though, there’s a lot I’d consider from demographics to the club’s current structure, etc. And being only a billionaire at the bare minimum doesn’t buy you a top tier club unless you’re putting the vast majority of your wealth into the operation and even then it becomes difficult depending on what you’re looking at. Anyway, we can all just be billionaires with Football Manager.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Fans only care when it’s not their team.
1686669778583.png

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Times like this I wish Stray Wasp was still posting. I don't know that I could be a fan of a normal club that gets bought by some sort of circus or autocratic blood money. I'm honestly surprised there's been so little pushback (or reporting of it at least) from Newcastle fans after the amount of complaints Mike Ashley got.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Well the premier league will officially become the Middle Eastern Premier League in no time.

I am not from the UK but I do not know how I would feel if all NHL hockey teams were all owned by foreign interest.

• Haha
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Well the premier league will officially become the Middle Eastern Premier League in no time.

I am not from the UK but I do not know how I would feel if all NHL hockey teams were all owned by foreign interest.
It's gross if it goes through. You literally have members of the same royal family that would be running those clubs. How can you possibly claim differentiated ownership if they've both got their hands pilfering money from the same trough?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad