London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Oshawa is a much younger team than London but we are still a year early to the window. We get two years of this even with early graduation.

1715860341541.png

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
As for the Knights, I like who we almost certainly have returning:

At forward: Gazizov (Imp/OA), Sim (OA), Barkey, O’Reilly, Van Gorp, Nicholl, R Boulton, Johnston

On D (again our strength): Bonk, Woolley, Leonard (OA I maybe?), Jenkin, Brzustewicz

Goalie: Willmore (OA maybe?)

I honestly think the 3 OAs are a bit interchangeable. We might determine that based on where the strength is.

Reactions: Fastpace

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
As for the Knights, I like who we almost certainly have returning:

At forward: Gazizov (Imp/OA), Sim (OA), Barkey, O’Reilly, Van Gorp, Nicholl, R Boulton, Johnston

On D (again our strength): Bonk, Woolley, Leonard (OA I maybe?), Jenkin, Brzustewicz

Goalie: Willmore (OA maybe?)

I honestly think the 3 OAs are a bit interchangeable. We might determine that based on where the strength is.
Post from a few days ago:

Cowan should get at least 10 games in the show.

Gaz/Haltunnen gone to AHL

Barkey Julien (OA) O’Rielly
Nicholl Sim (OA) (Import)
Sim VanGorp Boulton
Arrowsmith Hawery Bidgood

Dickinson Bonk
Brzustewicz Woolley
Jenken Ustinkov
Mitchell Fagan

Willmore (OA)
Medvedev

Out:
Leonard (Should get a 2nd)
Boulton
Van Bommel
Johnston

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Memorial cup 2024

OHL: London Knights CHL end of year ranking - 2
Season record 50-14 (1st)
Playoffs: 16 wins 2 losses
Players to watch: Easton Cowan (F)
18games 10 goals, 24 assists = 34pts
Kasper Halttunen (F) leads the team with 17 goals.
Max McCue (F) has 22 pts in 18games, leads the team with a +21, and a faceoff percentage of 57.3%
Sam Dickinson a 17yr old defenceman will be drafted in the top 10 in the NHL draft.
Kaleb Lawrence (F) and Landon Sim (F) return from suspensions in time for game 1 of the Memorial Cup.
This team gets it done with their depth.

QMJHL: Drummondville Voltigeurs CHL end of year ranking - 8
Season record 48-14 (1st)
Playoffs 16 wins 3 losses
Players to watch: Ethan Gauthier (F)
19games 14 goals, 11 assists = 25pts
Riley Mercer (G) 19games 1.89 GAA .934 save percentage.
This team gets it done with defence and goaltending.

WHL: Moose Jaw Warriors CHL-unranked
Season record 44-21 (3rd)
Playoffs: 16 wins 4 losses
Players to watch: Jagger Firkus (F)
In the regular season in 63games had 61 goals, 65 assists = 126pts (CHL best).
Playoffs: 20games, 14 goals, 18 assists = 32 points.
Denton Mateychuk (D) 20 games 11 goals, 19 assists = 30 points.
Brayden Yager (F) 20 games 11 goals, 16 assists = 27 points.
This team gets it done with their top scorers. They celebrate their first ever WHL championship.

Host: Saginaw Spirit CHL end of year ranking - 3
Season record 50-16 (2nd)
Playoffs: eliminated in Conference Final.
Players to watch: Rodwin Dionicio (D)
17games 5 goals, 12 assists = 17pts
Hunter Haight (F) leads team with 9 goals in the playoffs.
Zayne Parekh (D) expected to be drafted high in the NHL 1st round, played in 13games, 2 goals, 9 assists = 11 points.
Starting goalie Andrew Oke (G) may return after missing half the playoffs due to injury.
This team will try to live up to the hype.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
It's all good, just a permanent record your Fandom is edging west down the 401 lol.
The older I get, the less passionate a become towards a single team, and more or less in search of good hockey. I'll always root for Kitchener, but I do recognize good teams when I see them, and it should be acknowledged. I grew up a Wings fan so my childhood was fairly blessed with championships. 2008 was particularly special with both Wings and Rangers winning. I have to say though, watching the NHL playoffs with no Wings has been so fun. I have no dog in the fight, and I litterally don't care who wins. Every goal is worth celebrating. As long as every series goes game 7 2OT, I'm happy.

Congrats on the win London, well deserved!

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Post from a few days ago:

Cowan should get at least 10 games in the show.

Gaz/Haltunnen gone to AHL

Barkey Julien (OA) O’Rielly
Nicholl Sim (OA) (Import)
Sim VanGorp Boulton
Arrowsmith Hawery Bidgood

Dickinson Bonk
Brzustewicz Woolley
Jenken Ustinkov
Mitchell Fagan

Willmore (OA)
Medvedev

Out:
Leonard (Should get a 2nd)
Boulton
Van Bommel
Johnston
Barkey-O’Reilly-Gazizov (Imp/OA)
Sim(OA)-Nicholl-Van Gorp
Van Bommel-Johnston-Boulton
Gerber-Hawrey-Arrowsmith
Bidgood

Bonk - Woolley
Jenkin-Brzustewicz
Fagen II - Mitchell

Willmore (OA)
Gatto
Medvedev

If Gatto can take over the next Willmore gets moved and Leonard stays, but otherwise Leonard gets moved. If Ustinkov comes we won’t add an import. If he doesn’t we will. If Dickinson, Cowan and Halttunnen come back OH BABY

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Barkey-O’Reilly-Gazizov (Imp/OA)
Sim(OA)-Nicholl-Van Gorp
Van Bommel-Johnston-Boulton
Gerber-Hawrey-Arrowsmith
Bidgood

Bonk - Woolley
Jenkin-Brzustewicz
Fagen II - Mitchell

Willmore (OA)
Gatto
Medvedev

If Gatto can take over the next Willmore gets moved and Leonard stays, but otherwise Leonard gets moved. If Ustinkov comes we won’t add an import. If he doesn’t we will. If Dickinson, Cowan and Halttunnen come back OH BABY
Has Johnston faded from the depth chart?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Mark needs to show Hagens, Ustinkov, Vansaghi and any others footage of this year

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
best team all year bar none, not the best offensive talent but great depth and plays hard as hell. mark i think will be gone next year, maybe both if dale feels like hes done enough.
Columbus calling eh?

Also our offence was the best in the league with 322 goals in the regular season and 88 goals in the playoffs

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Pressure is ALL on Shwa. Lose and the season is over.
Punnett.....kid is a battler and has a huge GAF meter. Not a fan of the stick work but he is their heartbeat. I'd go after him early ( clean, hard on gorecheck ect.)
Shwa did a good job of standing up as a group and defending the blueline Monday forces turnovers and/or denying clean entries. London adjusted. Does Shwa have an answer?
Laz has to be a good coach. Impressive resume so I won't get on him, as ya need to play with the cards ya got. So far they are outmatched. We shall see how it works out tonight.
Either way LK is in the driver seat and I see they moving on tonight or Friday.

Simpson starting is right call and he can rest after the series is over.

It's all good, just a permanent record your Fandom is edging west down the 401 lol.
It’s Oshawa

I think this will be a dog fight here. Oshawa trying to avoid sweep on home ice and London looking to put them away and book their ticket to mem cup

0 chance boulton and roobroeck go at it. Boulton is only in league for physicality and roobroeck is one of the best players on Oshawa and they’ll definitely need him with sennecke out again.

He won’t be trying to spend a bunch of time in the box unless bouton runs the goalie and oster leaves on a stretcher or something lol
Sure wasn’t much of a dog fight.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
I credit all our success to the wild deadline acquisitions!!!!!! Thank you MARK HUNTER!!!!!!!!
There was a lot of whining about that…once again he was proven right

The east has won 3 of the past 4 championships. It goes in cycles

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
best team all year bar none, not the best offensive talent but great depth and plays hard as hell. mark i think will be gone next year, maybe both if dale feels like hes done enough.
I’m worried about Mark and Dale leaving as well

That being said Dylan has proven himself competent and has apprenticed with a great one

Rob Simpson will do a great job should Mark leave

Been truly blessed for having this leadership for this long. Never take a moment for granted

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Not sure if Dale would leave, never thought he'd want to anyways.

I think cowan, overagers, gazizov, and maybe halttunen are gone for sure. Question marks: julien, sim, what will happen with willmore.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Legend!

I’m worried about Mark and Dale leaving as well

That being said Dylan has proven himself competent and has apprenticed with a great one

Rob Simpson will do a great job should Mark leave

Been truly blessed for having this leadership for this long. Never take a moment for granted
Rob and Dylan are more than ready to take the reigns

Reactions: Fastpace

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Columbus calling eh?

Also our offence was the best in the league with 322 goals in the regular season and 88 goals in the playoffs
or edmonton. how could you not call the guy, hes build dominant teams day in day out. sure he manipulted to get george/bonk and cowan, but the team has been lights out with better drafting then they had a few years ago (look at oreilly, julien).

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The older I get, the less passionate a become towards a single team, and more or less in search of good hockey. I'll always root for Kitchener, but I do recognize good teams when I see them, and it should be acknowledged. I grew up a Wings fan so my childhood was fairly blessed with championships. 2008 was particularly special with both Wings and Rangers winning. I have to say though, watching the NHL playoffs with no Wings has been so fun. I have no dog in the fight, and I litterally don't care who wins. Every goal is worth celebrating. As long as every series goes game 7 2OT, I'm happy.

Congrats on the win London, well deserved!
A true hockey fans recognizes other hockey club successes and their players, RangerNation is one of these fans. Except, I personally would love to see a Canadian team (any Canadian team) bring home the Stanley Cup back on Canadian soil. It's been way too long. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad