Live 2024 Draft in Vegas - thread for Sharks Fans attending

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Alright, I can't remember everyone but I think @Gecklund , @sharks_dynasty , @TheBeard of course (local) , @Juxtaposer , and at least a few others are planning to go. I bought a ticket for Friday but I can't get away with Saturday as well.

I'm not sure when my partner and I are getting in (Thurs PM or Fri AM) but I'd be down for a pre draft meetup. Likely staying on the strip and walking or ride-sharing to the sphere or nearby.

For safety purposes might be best to discuss the very specifics on DM but maybe we can get some high level details and discussion worked out here?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’m getting in Friday morning. I still have to call my hotel and hope that they will let me leave my bag there.

Does anyone know what sort of predraft festivities look like? I know the tickets say 4 and I think in the past the draft starts at like 5-5:30 right?

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
I’m also local and live near the Strat in one of the condo towers. If anyone wants to leave bags here, I am happy to accommodate.

Super excited to see everyone and celebrate the drafting of Celebrini!

For pregame festivities, how about we plan to meet either at the Wynn or the Venetian? Both are close to the Sphere. Since the event time is 4pm, perhaps plan to meet at 2pm?

Post draft on Friday night we should definitely celebrate afterwards. Not that we won the cup or anything, but hey, we are Sharks fans and need to celebrate whenever we can! Perhaps head back to the Wynn or Venetian? Or head to Cosmopolitan or downtown? Lots of options here!

@Sheng Peng and @Kcoyote3, hope to see you guys as well.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I’m also local and live near the Strat in one of the condo towers. If anyone wants to leave bags here, I am happy to accommodate.

Super excited to see everyone and celebrate the drafting of Celebrini!

For pregame festivities, how about we plan to meet either at the Wynn or the Venetian? Both are close to the Sphere. Since the event time is 4pm, perhaps plan to meet at 2pm?

Post draft on Friday night we should definitely celebrate afterwards. Not that we won the cup or anything, but hey, we are Sharks fans and need to celebrate whenever we can! Perhaps head back to the Wynn or Venetian? Or head to Cosmopolitan or downtown? Lots of options here!

@Sheng Peng and @Kcoyote3, hope to see you guys as well.
I was thinking Main Street post draft but we can figure it out as it gets closer.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Do we have any idea how long draft festivities will last? If 4pm is doors + pre-ceremony stuff at the Sphere, but it doesn't start until 5:30pm, 32 picks x roughly 5min per pick = ~3 hours or so, finished at 8:30?

Asking because I may need to have a "go out to dinner" tax for the privilege of dragging my partner to the pregame meetup + draft itself. But if we can squeeze in dinner AND a post-draft meet, it's possible!

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Do we have any idea how long draft festivities will last? If 4pm is doors + pre-ceremony stuff at the Sphere, but it doesn't start until 5:30pm, 32 picks x roughly 5min per pick = ~3 hours or so, finished at 8:30?

Asking because I may need to have a "go out to dinner" tax for the privilege of dragging my partner to the pregame meetup + draft itself. But if we can squeeze in dinner AND a post-draft meet, it's possible!
It’s Vegas, the city doesn’t start revving up till after 10pm, so I’m sure you can do both. Do right by your partner and celebrate afterwards. We may also do the same.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

I can give recommendations if needed

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
So the first round is Friday and the other rounds Saturday. Will rounds 2-7 also be at the Vegas venue?

Can anyone recommend healthy food options im Las Vegas? I've always associated it with greasy food but would like less oilier meals.

Also, thinking of adding some intra-US flights. It seems that the cheapest by far are frontier airlines and Spirit airlines. I believe that this are similar to Ryan Air (no bag allowed). Is this accurate ?

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
So the first round is Friday and the other rounds Saturday. Will rounds 2-7 also be at the Vegas venue?

Can anyone recommend healthy food options im Las Vegas? I've always associated it with greasy food but would like less oilier meals.

Also, thinking of adding some intra-US flights. It seems that the cheapest by far are frontier airlines and Spirit airlines. I believe that this are similar to Ryan Air (no bag allowed). Is this accurate ?
Spirit and Frontier charge a lot of extra fees, so make sure you look into that.

As for food, there are lots of healthy and vegan options. Vegas is a food haven, so no issues with that.

Round 2 of the draft is on Saturday and that’s an extra ticket. It is also happening at the Sphere.

See you in Vegas!

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

I can. Depends on where you're staying. Let me answer all your questions

Reactions: Sandisfan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Stay away from the "fast food" options and the only thing that will limit your great food intake is your budget and reservations. If you have specific food interests, there are probably options. Many celebrity chef locations require reservations (dozens of restaurants with "name" chef).

(Saturday's draft is five+ hours, so you might be stuck with whatever food options are available at the Sphere.)

An example: There must be at least two dozen steak houses. From the chain (Mortons, Lowry) to the exotic (Brazilian), historic (Golden Steer where the mob used to hang out) to the brown-nosing (Oscar's named after the former mayor).

Not all the "great" restaurants are in the resort corridor (Strip/Downtown). Chinatown has some good options. Summerlin has some fun food options, including a Wolfgang Puck restaurant.

Neon Feast is an app that helps navigate the Las Vegas food scene.

Reactions: Sandisfan

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Anyone have any good lunch place recommendations?
Greenberg’s Deli in NYNY. Great Pastrami on rye.
Tacos El Gordo. On the strip not too far from the Sphere. Great tacos.

Re Spirit Airlines. I’m trying them for the first time on this trip. Round trip from SJ for $117. I’m only staying 2 nights so I’m going to put some clothes and my bathroom bag in backpack. We’ll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad