OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 3)

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Many challenges remain, in particular how to make the whole ecosystem more user friendly for the typical user. Abstract most of the complicated technology to make it more feel like regular web but with additional benefits of decentralization and security/privacy. There are laws in US being pushed to help with regulation which will help development in US - center of tech innovation.
the thing i don't get is: what incentive, at all, does the US government have to play ball? why would they relinquish control of the financial system, specifically control of the money supply, and hand it over to a gaggle of tech bros with a checkered track record of fraud and rug pulls?

i just don't get it.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If there is a catastrophic event taking out electronics then yeah we have major problems. Thanks to decentralized nature of most blockchains, it should be one of the last systems to go offline.
I can’t think of a single scenario where everything fail but crypto is still going strong… zombie, Aliens, meteors, massif floods, super volcano, ice age, wild fire , nuclear war…

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
arguably its biggest use case is fraud. you take a sector where fraud was already an issue — finance — and you want to deregulate it further? and somehow you've convinced average joe shmucks this is a good thing? :dunno:

is it any surprise we've had SBF and CZ? not to mention hundreds of run-of-the-mill rug pulls?
Cash has the biggest use case for fraud.

Reactions: LeHab

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
the thing i don't get is: what incentive, at all, does the US government have to play ball? why would they relinquish control of the financial system, specifically control of the money supply, and hand it over to a gaggle of tech bros with a checkered track record of fraud and rug pulls?

i just don't get it.
Crypto cat is already out of the bag. There has been a lot of resistance in US with regulations and organizations like SEC are making it extra challenging. But the tide is shifting. More politicians are supporting crypto. US would be left behind on the global scale if they dont adapt. Tech talent has already been leaving for more crypto-friendly destinations. Regulation is what will help minimize the the odds of the next FTX or rug pull. Central banks certainly don't like it, as indeed they are losing some control, and ECB has recently stated bitcoin has zero value.

Look out for the FIT21 vote next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: BehindTheTimes

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
But, regulation is anathema to crypto. If crypto becomes regulated, it loses what makes crypto special. :huh:

Purists will not like it, just like they may not like stablecoins pegged to fiat currencies. Stablecoins play an important role for payment given crypto market volatility. Regulations, in the short term, are needed to help protect end users, investors, bring clarity, stability and hold different parties accountable with penalties. Too much regulation will stiffen innovation but a well balanced approach will enhance trust and bring VCs to accelerate innovate and adoption.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
If you are a risk taker I strongly suggest looking into NLST, usually I would never own a stock that's traded on the OTC in the US as it's full of scam companies but they were delisted from the Nasdaq and have been royally screwed over by Google, Samsung, Micron, SK Hynix, the PTAB.

My company is owed Billions from them, we own the only patents that cover this, they somehow got the PTAB (Obama's stupid creation) to reverse their patents saying anyone could do this, when it's memory chips that go in phones, etc... The US court system doesn't really acknowledge the PTAB's rulings (they were created in 2009), they just leaked emails showing Samsung willingly breached the contract we had with them and they talk about how they were making 3M a month but want to push for Netlist to settle for 500K a month (it goes back before 2021). Samsung is sitting on 40B in cash US, so I don't know why they are playing this game when they could easily have paid them Millions at the time and would now have direct access to their HBM chips which are what is needed to power AI software from what i'm told.

They beat Samsung in court last year, got 303M for 15 months of breach of contract off our oldest tech DDR4, as DDR5 is the next level up and HBM the hot ticket since AI is hopefully going to be huge in the next few years.

They are in court now vs Samsung and next week vs Micron, same judge in both cases who also was the judge when we won the 303M+ suite to which we should see this week if the jury agrees that Samsung broke the contract or not. The only way they lose is if the judge doesn't allow the leaked emails they have from Samsung laughing at Netlist and openly admitting they also gave the tech to the Korean government despite not being allowed to do so. They are so f***ed imo.

Then on Monday starts the Micron trial, they are presenting the same defense as Samsung but the only difference is unlike Samsung they never had a contract with Netlist, they just stole the tech and made Billions off it.

If there's any justice this stock will be huge in the next 5 years or so. But I've been in this spot before with RCPI, rock creek pharma, so I know there's no justice anymore as they had the greatest anti-inflammatory drug ever discovered with no side effects but can't have a drug that works and has almost no side effects so they were smashed by the FDA. If you look deep into it and know someone that understands the medical aspects of Anatabloc and what it could have been yet somehow it's just been swept under the rug and forgotten about.
Very interesting post prior to the 450m award victory!

I put the stock on my watchlist and noticed today there's some restriction placed on buying shares.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Very interesting post prior to the 450m award victory!

I put the stock on my watchlist and noticed today there's some restriction placed on buying shares.

they won 2 trials in 4 days. A week ago on Friday they won the BOC trial vs Samsung in Cali. They won this case last year in March or April in Texas, with the same judge that also ruled on the Micron case they just won. Samsung filed an appeal in Delaware but that judge put a stay on it until the Cali judge made his ruling so now the stay should be lifted and Samsung will have to pay the 303.5M plus interest (13+ months) plus the bill they have to submit to court for the legal fees due to them for the win.

Netlist has won every case so far, they are 3 for 3 (SK Hynix, Samsung, Micron) they have been awarded around 800M so far but these lawsuits are based off their old tech that goes back to 2017. Think if it was a cell phone and they stole your G4 tech, the next round of lawsuits against Samsung/Micron will be for their next level of Tech, say a G5 phone. Then you have HBM chips which is the newest tech and is needed to power AI software.

The big money in this case is the google lawsuit since it goes back to 2009. They somehow got a judge in Cali to put a stay on the case until the Samsung/Micron cases were heard but that should be lifted and another trial is set for Feb and another July '25.

In 2-3 years you should have a company that made 100M last year but are owed Billions on top of the 800M they have already been awarded.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
Netlist is pretty tough stock to own. I've had couple of chances to take out a little profit and enter again at smaller price but so far haven't taken those opportunities. Prices go in cycles and usually this bottoms around 1 buck before momentum rises closer to court dates. Haven't invested a lot in this because other than these court victories Netlist hasn't been profitable.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
they won 2 trials in 4 days. A week ago on Friday they won the BOC trial vs Samsung in Cali. They won this case last year in March or April in Texas, with the same judge that also ruled on the Micron case they just won. Samsung filed an appeal in Delaware but that judge put a stay on it until the Cali judge made his ruling so now the stay should be lifted and Samsung will have to pay the 303.5M plus interest (13+ months) plus the bill they have to submit to court for the legal fees due to them for the win.

Netlist has won every case so far, they are 3 for 3 (SK Hynix, Samsung, Micron) they have been awarded around 800M so far but these lawsuits are based off their old tech that goes back to 2017. Think if it was a cell phone and they stole your G4 tech, the next round of lawsuits against Samsung/Micron will be for their next level of Tech, say a G5 phone. Then you have HBM chips which is the newest tech and is needed to power AI software.

The big money in this case is the google lawsuit since it goes back to 2009. They somehow got a judge in Cali to put a stay on the case until the Samsung/Micron cases were heard but that should be lifted and another trial is set for Feb and another July '25.

In 2-3 years you should have a company that made 100M last year but are owed Billions on top of the 800M they have already been awarded.

Netlist is pretty tough stock to own. I've had couple of chances to take out a little profit and enter again at smaller price but so far haven't taken those opportunities. Prices go in cycles and usually this bottoms around 1 buck before momentum rises closer to court dates. Haven't invested a lot in this because other than these court victories Netlist hasn't been profitable.

Yeah I don't see how the stock price will go up based on court-settlements. I'm not sure the market takes too kindly to it. Is Netlist still innovating and winning new business? (I've done zero research, sorry. My focus is health/medical)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Went up to almost $3, then came back down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad