LD Sascha Boumedienne - Ohio Blue Jackets 16U AAA (2025 Draft)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I have a hard time with this player, he strikes me as very sloppy with the puck, and giveaway prone.
Kind of agree. I understand why he is a top prospect with that mobility, offensive skills and hockey sense.

But he plays a risky game (at least at international level, have not seen him in the USHL) and gets overly creative or makes difficult plays. Kind of what you often saw John Klingberg and Erik Karlsson do at youth levels. Sascha's dad played a similar offensive game, although he had a real mean streak too.. at least early in his career .. to go with that offense.

I still like his upside though.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s the best of the players on the Swedish team. Could be a high first round pick. The defensive game is a little worrying, I agree. But he’s only 16 and it’s about being too overactive on a shift defensively than being bad when he has to make a defensive stop. Can’t teach those other tools he has.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Just an embarrassment of riches for BU at this point. Jay Pandolfo might be the best recruiter in the country

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
Just an embarrassment of riches for BU at this point. Jay Pandolfo might be the best recruiter in the country
Much of the recruiting success at BU is due to Assoc. Head Coach Joe Pereira who won Macklin Celebrini's commitment last summer. More recently, Cole Eiserman, Charlie Trethewey, Conrad Fondrk and Jack Murtagh.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Much of the recruiting success at BU is due to Assoc. Head Coach Joe Pereira who won Macklin Celebrini's commitment last summer. More recently, Cole Eiserman, Charlie Trethewey, Conrad Fondrk and Jack Murtagh.
Yeah that’s fair. Assistant/Associate coaches do a lot of the leg work

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He is currently 19th in the USHL, in d-men points. 13 in 19 games

But by u17 d-men.... there's not much of a contest.
- leads all categories, by a country mile

U17 skaters, he is 2nd in points, forward Benjamin Kevan is 1st, with 23 points.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My review of what I've watched from him this season. Has 3+18=21 points in 37 games.

He’s going to be an early pick next year. I could see top 10, but otherwise top 20 is pretty likely. With the way he skates I think he’s almost a lock for the first round. He’s an absolutely sick skater. He’s so fluid for a player with decent size. His offensive game is decent, not great. Defending is a little behind his offensive game, but average and shows good potential. I see a good all-around hockey player with more of an offensive-leaning, and elite skating.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
It's extremely impressive what he's been doing in the USHL as a 16 year old. I think his offensive potential is enormous. He's got it all - smooth skater, rocket of a shot, great release, hands and hockey sense. NHL PP1 potential.

I think he could be the first defenseman off the board next year if he develops as you would hope. I'm more excited about Boumedienne than I am Buium or Levshunov.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
BU has started to recruit like Michigan did a few years ago.
Every big program/blue blood has their natural recruiting ground that they typically clean up on:

BU & BC: New England & New York
Michigan: Ontario, Michigan, (more recently) Illinois
Minnesota: Minnesota
North Dakota: Western Canada & Minnesota
Denver: Western Canada & California
Wisconsin: Illinois & Minnesota

NCAA hockey is the most regional niche thing out there, so guys typically have gone to the program nearest to them/most cultural connection to them, so schools going outside of their base to get guys from all over Canada, Europe, and emerging areas in the States like Illinois & California is just added bonuses.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad