LD Niks Fenenko - Baie-Comeau Drakkar, QMJHL (2022 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
lecbKAlbV51mr0aZUGyU.jpg

Position : Defenseman
Shoots : Left
Place of Birth : Riga, Latvia
Nationality : Latvian
Date of Birth : August 18th, 2004
Draft Eligible : 2022
Last season team : HS Riga, Optibet Hockey League (3+2, 33 games)
(Latvia top tier pro hockey league)
Draft : 2021 QMJHL Imports Draft 1st overall (Baie-Comeau Drakkar)

Height : 6 foot 1
Weight : 170 lbs

Other info : he played for Latvia in the u18 WJC this year,
played in the WSIU15 in the 18-19 season

---

Anyone have inside, or any other info of him, anyone seen him play?
Is he a what level prospect?

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnJim and Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This was nice to see, admittedly it's the first time I heard about the player. His surname is Fenenko though, so you might have trouble finding him on EliteProspects with that title name. Google gave me some bad sites there :laugh:
His stats are fine for a 16-year-old vs men.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This was nice to see, admittedly it's the first time I heard about the player. His surname is Fenenko though, so you might have trouble finding him on EliteProspects with that title name. Google gave me some bad sites there :laugh:
His stats are fine for a 16-year-old vs men.

Fenenko....right, sorry my bad.

Not sure how i got it Fedenko.. :)

Thanx for noticing!

Reactions: Kalv

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Why is nobody talking about this guy? 37p in 53g in his draft year, yet he is not ranked or mentioned anywhere. NHL central scouting has him ranked 189 among NA skaters, and thats it. There are D's from QMJHL with almost twice less points, who are ranked among top prospects. Tristan Luneau, who is 8 months older, and has similar size and stats, is ranked anywhere between 19 and 53. I understand that there are other aspects to a player, but surely the difference is not that big that one is a 1st round prospect and the other is a "eh, might spend a 7th round pick on him" player.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
Why is nobody talking about this guy? 37p in 53g in his draft year, yet he is not ranked or mentioned anywhere. NHL central scouting has him ranked 189 among NA skaters, and thats it. There are D's from QMJHL with almost twice less points, who are ranked among top prospects. Tristan Luneau, who is 8 months older, and has similar size and stats, is ranked anywhere between 19 and 53. I understand that there are other aspects to a player, but surely the difference is not that big that one is a 1st round prospect and the other is a "eh, might spend a 7th round pick on him" player.
There are not a lot of rankings beyond top-100. I would take a chance on him in the 5th round.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Seems that he was by far the best scoring defenceman on his team. I hope a team takes a chance on him (looks to be very likely)

Why didn't he play in U-18?

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Seems that he was by far the best scoring defenceman on his team. I hope a team takes a chance on him (looks to be very likely)

Why didn't he play in U-18?
As far as I understand, the club did not allow him to go.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
led all Q defensemen in playoff points. anyone seen fenenko this year?
liked him in 2022, he's productive and size isn't an issue. probably should've
been drafted by now.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
led all Q defensemen in playoff points. anyone seen fenenko this year?
liked him in 2022, he's productive and size isn't an issue. probably should've
been drafted by now.
I hope some team gives him a shot. He was initially touted for his shutdown ability :)

Reactions: neelynugs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad