Lassi Thompson leaves the Sens signs for Malmo

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
With the scarcity of RD you have to take your shots and hope you hit on a few. I blame PD for a lot of shit but taking a shot on a RD with good tools in the draft isn't high on the list. He didn't work out, it happens. Harley going right after kinda sucks but finding very good LD is much much easier as we already know.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
With the scarcity of RD you have to take your shots and hope you hit on a few. I blame PD for a lot of shit but taking a shot on a RD with good tools in the draft isn't high on the list. He didn't work out, it happens. Harley going right after kinda sucks but finding very good LD is much much easier as we already know.
Harley went right *before
Got to assume we would have taken him.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I remember even Lassis face when we picked him in the 1st round was like “Holy Shit this is going better then I thought”

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Classic example of a guy with lots of tools but no toolbox.

Also seemed quite susceptible to crushing doubts and confidence issues.

Wish him all the best with his career.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Classic example of a guy with lots of tools but no toolbox.

Also seemed quite susceptible to crushing doubts and confidence issues.

Wish him all the best with his career.

Yeah I think the main problem with Lassi is poise and confidence in his abilities. I mean, the pace at the NHL level is insane. The ice is wider and more tactical in Europe, fits his game better. The NHL pace is a bit too fast for his poise level and he panicks, then lose confidence too

All that said, this doesn’t sniff the top-20 of worst Dorion moves. A RD with skill and potential is not that bad of a pick but could have played safer with a 19th OA pick, although there was not a lot of smarter picks to make at that spot, maybe one of Tomasino, McMichael or Pelletier

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad