News Article: Kyrou signs 8 year extension

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
He still needs to learn that the NHL is a different league than juniors. Maybe he knows this, but he doesn't really play like it.

Reactions: TheDizee

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I think if you start adding Washington picks on top of Lindgren they're gonna hang up. Honestly, even with my offer as it stands it's a stretch that they consider it because they might view Lindgren as untouchable. Washington is still trying to win now with that core, and one of the most valuable assets to have is an elite goalie that can take you deep. Ovechkin, Lindgren, Backstrom, Carlson, and Kuznetsov are likely all untouchable right now (in that order, but I've considered swapping OV and Lindgren, they're really close). Those guys aren't getting moved unless a big overpayment is coming their way or they're somehow sellers at the TDL. They'd probably want at least a 2nd rounder instead of the 4th I proposed (maybe even a 1st). And I bet you that ask for Binnington instead of Greiss because they simply can't lean on Kuemper and his .902 Sv% from last year's playoffs.
The writers at The Onion would be proud of this level of satire.

Well done. ⭐

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Its like Andreas Athanasiou but nobody ever gave AA an 8x8. I hope for the Blues sakes its just some offseason rust and maybe a temporary off-ice distraction.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
the funniest thing ive heard are the folks (not necessarily on here) that say hes TRYING TOO HARD to prove hes worth his shiny new contract

ha ha ha

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
He looks brutal but he certainly isn't the only one. ROR has been just as bad. Contract already looking concerning though... not sure why we didn't give him a bridge deal in the offseason.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
He looks brutal but he certainly isn't the only one. ROR has been just as bad. Contract already looking concerning though... not sure why we didn't give him a bridge deal in the offseason.
Kyrou is on his bridge deal right now. The 8 year contract hasn't even started yet!

Kyrou plays the game of hockey like he is above sacrifice. Extremely dangerous contact.

Reactions: mab894

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
ROR looks bad because hes been the sucker thats been forced to center Kyrou mostly. Kyrou is a black hole in any line right now and he needs to be healthy scratched.

If ROR had Perron still, he would not be a -10 or whatever he is with 1 point.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
ROR looks bad because hes been the sucker thats been forced to center Kyrou mostly. Kyrou is a black hole in any line right now and he needs to be healthy scratched.

If ROR had Perron still, he would not be a -10 or whatever he is with 1 point.
Losing Perron was so avoidable. Huge loss for us

Reactions: GoldenSeal

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Later during his media session, Armstrong did say this about Kyrou when asked if the forward was pressing to meet expectations stemming from his $65 million contract extension:

“He looks way more like a $2.9 (million) player right now, and that's what he's making. So we'll leave it there.”
Kyrou’s new contract, which pays him $8.125 million annually, doesn’t kick in until the 2023-24 season.

lmao, yeah hes "pressing". dudes a lazy bum but hes pressing!

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Later during his media session, Armstrong did say this about Kyrou when asked if the forward was pressing to meet expectations stemming from his $65 million contract extension:

“He looks way more like a $2.9 (million) player right now, and that's what he's making. So we'll leave it there.”
Kyrou’s new contract, which pays him $8.125 million annually, doesn’t kick in until the 2023-24 season.

lmao, yeah hes "pressing". dudes a lazy bum but hes pressing!
I know why you didn't but at least post the full quote and try to be a little sincere about what was said:
“(But) I think he’s just one of nine. There’s other guys that aren’t playing to that standard. We need more from Jordan, but we also need more from a lot of guys. So he’s an easy target because of the contract he just signed. But if I’m going to base the next nine years off eight games, it’s going to be a really big roller-coaster for me, for him and for the fans.”

O’Reilly, with one goal and no assists this season, is right behind him at minus-11. So two players on one of the Blues’ top two lines — Kyrou and O’Reilly — have a combined zero assists in eight games and a minus-24.

“I would say those two fall into the top nine or 10 forwards,” Armstrong said. “Obviously you want those guys to be at the top of their game. They’re not at the top of their game right now, but to single out those two would be letting seven or eight more guys off the hook. I don’t want this to come out that I’m talking about one or two players because it’s not one or two players."

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I know why you didn't but at least post the full quote and try to be a little sincere about what was said:
“(But) I think he’s just one of nine. There’s other guys that aren’t playing to that standard. We need more from Jordan, but we also need more from a lot of guys. So he’s an easy target because of the contract he just signed. But if I’m going to base the next nine years off eight games, it’s going to be a really big roller-coaster for me, for him and for the fans.”

O’Reilly, with one goal and no assists this season, is right behind him at minus-11. So two players on one of the Blues’ top two lines — Kyrou and O’Reilly — have a combined zero assists in eight games and a minus-24.

“I would say those two fall into the top nine or 10 forwards,” Armstrong said. “Obviously you want those guys to be at the top of their game. They’re not at the top of their game right now, but to single out those two would be letting seven or eight more guys off the hook. I don’t want this to come out that I’m talking about one or two players because it’s not one or two players."
I mean, sure, he could have. But how would that help further an agenda to admit the problems the team has isn’t multi-faceted?

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
i think he has a shot to break some +- records this year.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Clubhouse cancer and just like Thomas has ZERO leadership in him.

clearly worthy of 8+ million

-15 now with 3 points

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
66ACB2C0-745B-4BCF-99FF-FB48DC1EFB22.jpeg

Even Blues players thought this extension was bad news

Reactions: TheDizee

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
View attachment 603149

I’d that a JR article? Typical non-commitment. The writer didn’t even say one way or the other whether there was resentment - the writer says “yes,” then “perhaps.” Which is it? That’s saying something without actually saying something. The latter part was actually telling, though, about veteran players talking with him.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
View attachment 603149

If veteran players play this far below their ability levels because a younger player signed a big contract, then they were more fragile than we thought in the first place. Boo hoo Kyrou got a big contract. Boo hoo Perron is gone. If those are excuses for you to play like you don't care, then you should be gone too.

Lots of teams lose well liked vets due to the cap and lots of teams give big contracts to young players. None of those teams play this badly this long. If you're going to mope about it and let your play slide this far then you don't deserve a letter and shouldn't be in any team's long term core anyway.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If veteran players play this far below their ability levels because a younger player signed a big contract, then they were more fragile than we thought in the first place. Boo hoo Kyrou got a big contract. Boo hoo Perron is gone. If those are excuses for you to play like you don't care, then you should be gone too.

Lots of teams lose well liked vets due to the cap and lots of teams give big contracts to young players. None of those teams play this badly this long. If you're going to mope about it and let your play slide this far then you don't deserve a letter and shouldn't be in any team's long term core anyway.

I don’t think you’re wrong.

Unfortunately I don’t think they are either.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Maybe those vets that are pissed about the Kyrou contract can start to play better and maybe Kyrou can get his head out of his ass and play better. It would look more bad for Kyrou if he was the only one playing bad, however everyone is playing bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad