Post-Game Talk: Kings drop series to Oilers

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Kings #1 off season target

1652590706590.png

Do it you cowards!!!!!

Reactions: Ryan120420

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Queue the Sean Durzi trade rumours.. Durzi sent to the Nashville Predators for Luke Kunin. Who says no?

Reactions: Mcsorley47

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tough way to lose the series at the end but look forward to getting some guys healthy for a whole year and hopefully getting a real 4th line.

Reactions: Gjwrams

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
On one hand this team probably went farther than it had any right to with how many injuries there have been. On the other, piss poor offensive showing the last 2 games when you can't complete simple passes.

Todd and Sturm need to be fired into the sun but Trotz ain't the answer when you need a guy to open the offense up and incorporate the younger guys in

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
It’s honestly amazing the team not only made the playoffs this year but took the OIL to 7 games given the amount of injuries (in terms of games missed) this team had this season.

I mean at one point we literally had the entire AHL team up at the same time. Yet we somehow made the playoffs and took them to 7 games without Doughty.

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
It’s honestly amazing the team not only made the playoffs this year but took the OIL to 7 games given the amount of injuries (in terms of games missed) this team had this season.

I mean at one point we literally had the entire AHL team up at the same time. Yet we somehow made the playoffs and took them to 7 games without Doughty.
EXACTLY. Literally nothing else needs to be said.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
All-time love for Dustin. It would have been epic if we could have won one last series for him before we got curb stomped in the second round, but massive shoutout to him for knowing he was done and going out in style. It was clear he was cooked. Outside of a handful of hits, he had nothing really in the series. He has nothing left to prove and honestly should be ready to go for the first game of next season to send that jersey straight to the rafters...

Again, shoutout to Maatta, Edler, and Stetcher. They held their own and played some rock-solid defense for us down the stretch there. I might even be inclined to re-sign Stetcher as an extra veteran defenseman for a year or so.

Quick and Danault are the MVP's of the season. Couldn't have reached the postseason without either. So happy we signed Danault, easily one of the best signings we've ever seen. Who knows what happens in goal over the next year or two, but my God am I glad Quick is still around next season...

Kopitar needs to drop down to 2nd line center. The transition holding this team back from contender status more than anything is we have no one to take the reigns up front with all these highly drafted forwards in the system. We may end up regretting passing on the likes of Eichel when we had the chance. We all know, pessimists and optimists alike, that the excuses are done. The 'they are just kids' label has officially fallen. Next season is make or break for a lot of these guys. Boom or bust.

TMac isn't going anywhere. Honestly, I don't place a lot of blame on him as most do. He dealt with the roster he had, was he perfect? No. But he made a lot of the roster moves that everyone from the stands could see needed to be done which is not common, at least in LA. There is no chance in hell Blake is firing TMac after leading this beleaguered, injured ass, team to the postseason and taking the Oilers to 7 games. You guys are dreaming. Marco Sturm on the other hand...

The offseason is going to be iffy. Blake has proven to have done a reasonable job when it comes to signings and trades. I would like to see the Kings add some more toughness to go along with their speed. But the main thing is they need to add some dynamic piece on offense. Probably a goal-scoring winger, but just some more firepower on the top 6 than Iafallo and company and for the love of all the hockey gods develop a f***ing powerplay...

Anyways, good season. Steps were taken, but they are shaky steps at best. The vets carried this team. The kids did alright, especially on defense despite Durzi's questionable defending, but they haven't proven much of anything and no one has shown that they can hold their own. It's time to put up or shut up. There are serious expectations going into next season. Not Cup expectations, but player performance expectations that if they aren't met, players need to be dealt.

GO KINGS GO!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad