Recalled/Assigned: Kevin Labanc called up 11/7

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Tierney and Karlsson work amazingly well together for some reason. They just seem to click. Would hope it's Karlsson if they move Labanc to the third. That could be the spark Tierney needs this season.

Huh? In 250 minutes together last year Tierney+Karlsson had a 33% Goals For% and a 49% Corsi For%.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Huh? In 250 minutes together last year Tierney+Karlsson had a 33% Goals For% and a 49% Corsi For%.

49% Corsi for is like game-breaking for Tierney. I would be SOOO happy of Tierney (and the rest of the 4th line) ended this season with 49% Corsi for.

Who pairs better with the Tiernado? Maybe Karlsson, Tierney, Mystery Box could even pull off 50%+!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
49% Corsi for is like game-breaking for Tierney. I would be SOOO happy of Tierney (and the rest of the 4th line) ended this season with 49% Corsi for.

Who pairs better with the Tiernado? Maybe Karlsson, Tierney, Mystery Box could even pull off 50%+!

It's be worthwhile checking Tierneys zone started too. He's being started a lot in the defensive done last time I checked so 49% is pretty damn good all things considered

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015

IMO Tierney pairs best with Micheal Haley, in the pressbox. He has repeatedly shown he's incapable of winning the shot battle with any linemates.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
IMO Tierney pairs best with Micheal Haley, in the pressbox. He has repeatedly shown he's incapable of winning the shot battle with any linemates.

You live in a fantasy land my'dude. Your expectations for the 4th line are simply unrealistic. But, who do you suppose we play over Tierney at 4C? Keep in mind that 2-3 years ago, Tierney was a point per game AHL player. So who do you want to call up to replace him? None of the current centers have proven to be as good as Tierney was 134 NHL games ago. LaBanc or Goldobin aren't centers, so its a wash there. Wingels has been in and out of the press box for his inability to perform or skate, so that doesn't give me a ton of hope.

Sounds to me like Tierney is our best bet so far.

Plugs a plug. Find me a better plug.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
You live in a fantasy land my'dude. Your expectations for the 4th line are simply unrealistic. But, who do you suppose we play over Tierney at 4C? Keep in mind that 2-3 years ago, Tierney was a point per game AHL player. So who do you want to call up to replace him? None of the current centers have proven to be as good as Tierney was 134 NHL games ago. LaBanc or Goldobin aren't centers, so its a wash there. Wingels has been in and out of the press box for his inability to perform or skate, so that doesn't give me a ton of hope.

Sounds to me like Tierney is our best bet so far.

Plugs a plug. Find me a better plug.

Nieto-Wingels-Karlsson was like a 56% Corsi line in the few games they were used together. I'd try that again. Better yet, Nieto-Wingels-Ward once we call up Goldobin.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Nieto-Wingels-Karlsson was like a 56% Corsi line in the few games they were used together. I'd try that again. Better yet, Nieto-Wingels-Ward once we call up Goldobin.

So.. you want to run..

Hertl - Jumbo - Pavs
Boedker - Couture - Donskoi
Karlsson - Marleau - Goldobin
Nieto - Wingels - Ward

Is that correct?

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
So.. you want to run..

Hertl - Jumbo - Pavs
Karlsson - Marleau - Goldobin
Nieto - Wingels - Ward

Is that correct?

Nah, more like

Labanc - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Hertl - Goldobin
Nieto - Wingels/Karlsson - Ward

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
With Labanc being up (and assumably playing), there is absolutely no reason to have Hertl on the 1st line.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Skating issues seem overstated. So to me his size may become an issue but we will see.

Agreed. I didn't see any skating issues whenever I've watched LaBanc this season. I was shocked by how fast he was relative to my expectations. I think he could be an NHL-average skater with a little more work.

There is no one better for LaBanc to learn from than Joe Pavelski.

I think LaBanc would compliment Hertl very well. I think on the third line with Hertl and Marleau would be a great place for LaBanc to start, playing against lesser comp. but honestly he'd fit on any line.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Really like Labanc's ability and potential fit for the line-up. Our offensively-inclined right-shooting options are fairly limited after Pavs and Donskoi. He and Meier could deliver three scoring lines in the event Ward doesn't bounce back to being a 15-15 guy (he'll probably be fine). Even if he does bounce back, Ward's style makes him a fit on any line.

Meier-Thornton-Pavelski
MarBod-Couture-Donskoi
MarBod-Hertl-Labanc
NietSson-TierGels-Ward

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
I thought he was really good tonight, whenever something good happened it was that second line a lot. I liked what I saw tonight from him.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
So good at finding soft spots on the ice.

Worth noting that he would've had an open net goal had Burns passed instead of shot (but Burns scored so obviously that's great).

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Labanc has a lot of competition. Not just Goldobin/Chartier/Carpenter /Meier in the minors, but Nieto/Tierney on the big team. It looks like the Sharks are trying to move Wingels and/or Nieto, which should be good for Labanc's chances.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Labanc has a lot of competition. Not just Goldobin/Chartier/Carpenter /Meier in the minors, but Nieto/Tierney on the big team. It looks like the Sharks are trying to move Wingels and/or Nieto, which should be good for Labanc's chances.

I think Labanc's the only one that can fit under the cap without any additional moves. He really doesn't have a lot of competition right now though seeing how he's the only one of the prospects that's with the NHL and Nieto/Tierney/Wingels have basically been relegated to 4th line roles.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I think Labanc's the only one that can fit under the cap without any additional moves. He really doesn't have a lot of competition right now though seeing how he's the only one of the prospects that's with the NHL and Nieto/Tierney/Wingels have basically been relegated to 4th line roles.

What I mean, is that Labanc has to continue to play well, or he will be replaced. In past years, the Sharks let a lot of their younger players "play through" slumps and struggles since they didn't have other options.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Labanc looks like he might need some more time in the A. His skating is a bit of a liability. I would like to see Goldobin called up in his place if this continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad