Player Discussion Joshua Roy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Kessel was borderline elite. Let's just say he was certainly better than Kyrou.

About half of those players are (give or take) as good or better as Kyrou though and that's my point. I'd say If you have around 50% chances to get someone as good as Kyrou and around 10-15% chances to get an elite player then i'll try my luck.

I think people who think (there's many on this board) that we are just one Kyrou away from winning are as delusional as Dorion was when he tried to win last summer. We need prime elite skills and Kyrou is not elite skills. Unless you can get clear as day elite skills (mid 20ies) for a package made of dunno Mailloux and the 5th then i'm personally not doing it.

That 5th is our best trade asset. I can't begin to understand why anyone would trade our best asset for Kyrou. It's like when Atkins traded Moreno for Vasrho. He had to get a top of the line hitter and his best asset was Moreno. He traded his best asset for a guy who while good was not good enough. That 5th is not moving unless the return is a solid clear as day ppg+ player in his mid 20ies.
At 1st you’ve got great odds of getting a superstar. At five, you got great odds of getting a really good player and an outside shot at a superstar.

Kessel was a borderline superstar. Top ten scorer in the 2010s. If he didn’t play in that low scoring era he’d probably go to the HOF.

I wouldn’t give up the 5th for Kyrou.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Advanced stats disagree: Jordan Kyrou - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools

Kyrou has played center for a good part of the season, although I do remember watching some Blues games where he was on the wing, yes.

That's not advanced stats. Nor does it say he's playing center. Its scraped from data NHL makes available and isn't a reflection of the position players play on a line/pair. I'm actually pretty sure its reflection of whose number comes first (left to right). I will bet you anything that Kyrou was not the one centering Robert Thomas. For instance, here's Suzuki's:

Suzuki is not listed in the middle in any line combination, but we've got:

NICK SUZUKI - ALEX NEWHOOK - JOSH ANDERSON
NICK SUZUKI - COLE CAUFIELD - JOSH ANDERSON
NICK SUZUKI - JURAJ SLAFKOVSKY - COLE CAUFIELD
NICK SUZUKI - ALEX NEWHOOK - BRENDAN GALLAGHER
etc.

Kyrou has taken 61 faceoffs in his NHL career total. That's regular season and playoffs combined (355 games). He is not a center.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That's not advanced stats. Nor does it say he's playing center. Its scraped from data NHL makes available and isn't a reflection of the position players play on a line/pair. I'm actually pretty sure its reflection of whose number comes first (left to right). I will bet you anything that Kyrou was not the one centering Robert Thomas. For instance, here's Suzuki's:

Suzuki is not listed in the middle in any line combination, but we've got:

NICK SUZUKI - ALEX NEWHOOK - JOSH ANDERSON
NICK SUZUKI - COLE CAUFIELD - JOSH ANDERSON
NICK SUZUKI - JURAJ SLAFKOVSKY - COLE CAUFIELD
NICK SUZUKI - ALEX NEWHOOK - BRENDAN GALLAGHER
etc.

Kyrou has taken 61 faceoffs in his NHL career total. That's regular season and playoffs combined (355 games). He is not a center.
Hmm good point

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I thought I was in the Joshua Roy thread
In the spirit of getting things back on track, I’m curious to see where he winds up next year in terms of lines. If they keep the first line together then I suspect we’ll see Roy with Dach and Newhook.

Otherwise it wouldn’t surprise me to see him with Dach and Caufield. That’d give us two solid lines and I don’t think CC and Newhook on the same line makes sense.

Either way, I’m hoping Roy can make a Calder run.

Reactions: DAChampion

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
In the spirit of getting things back on track, I’m curious to see where he winds up next year in terms of lines. If they keep the first line together then I suspect we’ll see Roy with Dach and Newhook.

Otherwise it wouldn’t surprise me to see him with Dach and Caufield. That’d give us two solid lines and I don’t think CC and Newhook on the same line makes sense.

Depends who they acquired during the offseason, I hope he got a shot on the top 6

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Believe it or not but Logan Stankoven only played 24 games for Dallas this year and will be eligible for the Calder next season. 24 games and a long play off run and is still considered a rookie next season.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I stay with my comparable Tyler Toffoli for Joshua Roy. I think he will be a very good top 6 player, but can easily become a really good top 9 on a contender team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad