Confirmed with Link: Jarnkrok (50% retention) to Flames (2022 2nd (Florida), 2023 3rd, 2024 7th)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Wow, a bit more than I thought. Was thinking a 2nd and maybe a 5th with retention, not a 2nd + 3rd. Seems like Francis and Traveling have a good relationship, made a couple of trades already. Not sure if they had history when Francis was in Carolina? Don't remember if he was part of the Hanifin for Hamilton trade.

Seems like Calgary is the only team providing Seattle with extra picks. Got a 4th for Pitlick, 3 picks in this deal and hopefully a few more for Giordano.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Great trade! That's more than I thought he'd return.

There's now some hope that at least two or three other trades will bring in something good too.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Very good start.

Sad to see Jarnkrok go though, he played much better than I had expected him to here.

But that return is definitely more than I had hoped for given the rumored amount of players on the market.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Wow, a bit more than I thought. Was thinking a 2nd and maybe a 5th with retention, not a 2nd + 3rd. Seems like Francis and Traveling have a good relationship, made a couple of trades already. Not sure if they had history when Francis was in Carolina? Don't remember if he was part of the Hanifin for Hamilton trade.

Seems like Calgary is the only team providing Seattle with extra picks. Got a 4th for Pitlick, 3 picks in this deal and hopefully a few more for Giordano.
I think the Hamilton - Lindholm/Hanifin trade was actually Waddell's first move. There was a lot of talk about such a big move for a brand new GM to make.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I will be honest, I am nervous about the Gio trade. I think the Jarnkrok trade set the bar so high, the next one will disappoint. LOL.
I wonder if he is already traded.

They wouldn't announce that he was traded before the video tribute tonight, right, but while scratching him may just be precautionary, I am more inclined to believe that they are holding him out of his tribute game because there is already a negotiated offer in place.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

They wouldn't announce that he was traded before the video tribute tonight, right, but while scratching him may just be precautionary, I am more inclined to believe that they are holding him out of his tribute game because there is already a negotiated offer in place.
Yeah. Which also means that Francis would not have been able to leverage the high cost paid for Chiarot as a negotiating ploy.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019

He's gone. Just have to see what they traded him for.

Reactions: Silkytentacles

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
This is the funny thing about our roster. No Gio or Jarnkrok and we still look .. the same. LOL.
This is what I speculated last week, that some teams in the race for the top pick were going to notice a sharp decline after the deadline, but with the style Hakstol coaches, and how everyone plays the same role, that we probably wouldn't notice much of a change, if any.

It kinda makes sense if you look at how he implements all the players.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
This is what I speculated last week, that some teams in the race for the top pick were going to notice a sharp decline after the deadline, but with the style Hakstol coaches, and how everyone plays the same role, that we probably wouldn't notice much of a change, if any.

It kinda makes sense if you look at how he implements all the players.

Yeah. In a way, it is a good thing for the first 2 season, but as we get more talent this should change. I hope.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Sad to see Jarnkrok go but that's a very good haul for a UFA of his calibre.

Also, there you go Ron
giphy.gif

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Actually I read a tweet from one of the official guys saying that 7th was for 1M retention. LOL.
Well it's $1M pro rated for basically a quarter of the season so $250k of actual money. That's probably about right for a 2024 7th. About one or two 7th rounder has a meaningful NHL career every draft, so 1/32 to 1/16 chance for a serviceable player. You figure that's worth $250k.

Either way, I think it's funny that Francis nickel and dimed them, but this team needs all the picks they can get so good for him.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad