Jacob Trouba Wins the Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Love trouba , just look at this thread responses and its no wonder the game is filled with ballerinas......there seems to be less and less place in the game for these Cro-magnon archetypes and it saddens me

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
IMG_0847.jpeg

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Love trouba , just look at this thread responses and its no wonder the game is filled with ballerinas......there seems to be less and less place in the game for these Cro-magnon archetypes and it saddens me

Yeah it’s just a bunch of ballerinas..nothing to do with the fact this is a joke award that Messier personally awards to a player on his favorite team. Just an ego stroke all around.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Strange someone can be acknowledged as such a fine individual off the ice yet be such a disgrace on it. Ironic his wife is a Dr is he looking to get here clients with all his dirty head shots?

Isn't she a cardiologist or something?

She probably learned everything she knows about heart and grit from Jacob tbh.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
When I become emperor of the known universe, one of my first acts will be to rename this trophy to the Mark Messier Shameless Self-Promotion Award
It's funny I remember this knock on pk when he was in Montreal. Yes he had a foundation and he was public about it.

Yet when I had a relative in a hospital there they told me pk was there every single weekend with the kids. Ironically it was the other Habs that came there for the scheduled "Montreal Canadians visits kids hospital" or activities.

I'd rather these athletes do soenthing good. Some people think they should go out of their way to not publicize it because it makes them feel bad or something.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Makes sense, some guys lead with intangibles and that makes it really hard to determine how good a leader they are from outside their locker room. With Trouba it's a lot more obvious, he leads with his elbows.

No one forgets.
The guys he caught with those elbows sure did.

Jeeze, I need to stop drinking so much coffee and tea all day.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad