OT - NO POLITICS It's Summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A friend of mine saw a Bruins hoodie in church yesterday while on vacation in Santiago, Chile

Guy 10 feet from me at Mass today was wearing a Bruins hoodie. Also saw someone wearing a Red Wings one.

1688411496044.png

Enter

Heather
Heather Marsala

Also saw someone wearing a Red Wings one.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I have friends who are Chilean, I'd like to visit sometime, but haven't been. I've been to Peru a couple times though.

Reactions: Fenway

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Cling wrap is the devil.

Tried to wrap my homemade Betty Crocker pound cake and nearly sliced my knuckle.

I was going to do some painting today but sitting on the porch and watching thunderstorms roll in is way better.

I may even pour a glass of wine in my new cup my niece gave me. It has a cover too!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
She was shocked on Wednesday when her hotel TV in Buenos Aries had the NHL Draft

View attachment 725805

The exchange rate.........................

View attachment 725801
And that's at the Doubletree, she could've gone out on the street and probably got a good meal at a decent restaurant for much less than that. In Lima I can get a quarter of a chicken Pollo a la brasa with fries and an Inca Kola for about $6 USD. Or you can get a 3 course lunch menu for like $3 USD.

Reactions: Fenway

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
if i lived out west with the dry heat id sleep in a tent in my yard at night like 80% of the time.
We were in the pool in the evening this weekend and it was about 109 out. When we got out we absolutely froze because the air was so dry.
We were laughing at our shivering.

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Mione134

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sigh

Police in Medford, Massachusetts, are looking for a suspect accused of attacking a woman on Main Street Sunday.

The victim told police she was walking on Main Street around 10:30 p.m. when she spotted a man near the intersection of Boston and College avenues who she thought was following her. She said when she reached the area of Royall Street and Main Street, the man ran up to her, grabbed her and hit her several times. The man ran off when she fought back and screamed.

The victim had minor injuries and was taken to the hospital.

Police described the suspect as between 18-30 years old, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10, wearing a black hoodie with white writing and black and white sneakers. Investigators are asking businesses and residents near Ball Square, the Somerville area, Boston Avenue and College Avenue to Royall Street at Main Street for any surveillance footage they may have from the time period.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It has been one week since my hip replacement and today I actually feel a bit better.

I knew there would be pain, so I did ok with that, but I had lost blood and felt totally drained and weak. I have been taking my iron (and a bunch of other stuff) and today was a better day!

I have my post-op appointment with my surgeon July 6th.

I hope to be driving before 4 weeks.

By the last week of August I want to be walking without assistance and be able to enjoy a week on the schooner.
1688418888890.png

1688418954737.png

1688419008320.png

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
The weather here has been schizophrenic too.

We went from coldest and wettest winter/spring on record to a fun little 3 day heat wave of 112, 114, and 112 today. Thanks El Nino
Always thought NV weather was strange. Worked in Reno for a few different stretches ranging between 2 weeks and 2 months and it took me a bit to figure it out.

1: First time out there it was beginning of December 2017 and I thought it would be somewhat mild, warmest garment I brought was a few work sweatshirts. it was 19 degrees F when i landed at Reno/Tahoe. :laugh:

2: THE Sun felt very warm during the day and I thought it was strange how everyday it got pretty windy/gusty in the afternoon.

Reactions: Kovi

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Cling wrap is the devil.

Tried to wrap my homemade Betty Crocker pound cake and nearly sliced my knuckle.

I was going to do some painting today but sitting on the porch and watching thunderstorms roll in is way better.

I may even pour a glass of wine in my new cup my niece gave me. It has a cover too!
Buy one of these on Amazon, commercial grade quality, lasts forever, isn't curse inducing.

20230703_180603.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad