Post-Game Talk: Horrifying Act of Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Rempe's not there to fight heavyweights - he's there to hit their dmen hard enough that they're sore for the rest of the series and force them to deal with one more factor when moving the puck.

I mean he’s playing 5 minutes a night. I like him but someone is coming out for Chytil

Reactions: Vaheh

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The Fox/ Wilson thing was weird, did they think Fox was faking it to draw a penalty? If so cmon that was as obvious as it gets and it’s just damn lucky he wasn’t planted in that leg
Maybe Fox talked some shit afterwards but talking shit is so common the reaction isn’t “start a fight” unless you’re a goon

And Wilson isn’t brave enough to be a goon

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So potentially when does Game 1 happen if Canes win tomorrow? I feel like last year they started second round games while round 1 were finishing up..

Reactions: egelband

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The Fox/ Wilson thing was weird, did they think Fox was faking it to draw a penalty? If so cmon that was as obvious as it gets and it’s just damn lucky he wasn’t planted in that leg
Maybe Fox talked some shit afterwards but talking shit is so common the reaction isn’t “start a fight” unless you’re a goon

And Wilson isn’t brave enough to be a goon

It looked like Wilson was jawing at Fox because he thought it was a dive, which it wasn't.

Then after the goal, Fox skated down and jawed at Wilson as he skated by which incensed Wilson and he mauled Fox. To me, Wilson is an idiot who can't control his temper. But that's a known.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So potentially when does Game 1 happen if Canes win tomorrow? I feel like last year they started second round games while round 1 were finishing up..
It'll be a minute even if the Canes win.

You might see a round 1 game 7 happen after a round 2 game 1, but they're not gonna start this early in round 1.

I would think this whole week, minimum. May 6th is two days after game 7 is scheduled for Carolina. If the series ends early, they might move it to May 5th.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
It’s so underrated how awful Sonny Milano is. He’s like the worst aspects of Ryan Spooner and Erik Christensen.

What a treat it was to play a team in the playoffs where he gets meaningful minutes.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
Everything went as it should have. The next game will be more interesting. Everything is working out.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Dave Maloney is just the Butch Goring who says the things we want to hear.

You can miss me with it. It's not 1982.

Reactions: zlev

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
My beloved Jimothy Vesey was guilty of quite a few boneheaded turnovers in this game. He's made some really poor plays with the puck in the D zone. I noticed he has a tendency to double back and reverse the puck as his go to on the boards in the D zone even when the right play is to go north with it and it's caused a number of turnovers and defensive zone time being extended. I'd like to see him default more to the chip out when it's there, doubling back is always tough when there's a heavy forecheck and your teammates are flat footed*.

*Unless you're Adam Fox lol
Spot on. The first Caps goal was all on him (and Rempe obviously). No idea why he went backwards on that play.

Anyone complaining needs to have their head examined though. We just witnessed the greatest regular season this franchise has ever had, and now a playoff series sweep.

You are living in good times for the NYR. Enjoy it.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Switching gears from the Panarin stuff. He needs to be better going forward and turning the focus to someone who was actually bad for almost the entire year and most of this series.

Rangers gave up 8 high danger chances in this game 5v5.

Ryan Lindgren was on the ice for 7 of them!

I've seen bad shit before, but thats next level.

For reference, Fox was on ice for 4 of the 8.

How the hell did Lindgren manage to squeak away for 3 more?
You mean you watched that game and can't figure out why Lindgren has on for 3 more chances than Fox? Lindgren played every single shift with Fox at ES. However, in the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd period we were badly outplayed and pinned in our own end. 2nd period was the long change. LD was the far change. Forwards don't get it deep, we couldn't change the LD. On the 2nd goal, Fox went off for Gus. Lindgren caught out there for 2 minutes. That goal was 1 chance, probably 2 as he scored on the rebound. Don't know how they score that, chance wise.

Reactions: kovazub94

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
If Chytil is ready to go, he likely replaces Rempe. Do you keep Roslovic where he is in the lineup, put Chytil as 3C and drop Wennberg to 4C? That third line, at least statistically, has been very good. Bottom 6:

Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko
Goodrow - Wennberg - Vesey

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ugh, rooting for the islanders tonight feels so wrong but... we must
Tomorrow, but i agree.

But i’m sure Canes pound them into the ice.

If Chytil is ready to go, he likely replaces Rempe. Do you keep Roslovic where he is in the lineup, put Chytil as 3C and drop Wennberg to 4C? That third line, at least statistically, has been very good. Bottom 6:

Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko
Goodrow - Wennberg - Vesey
As much as i’m not really a fan of Roslovic, he did have 4 points in 4 games with no PP1 time, so i think he definitely stays there for now.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Tomorrow, but i agree.

But i’m sure Canes pound them into the ice.

As much as i’m not really a fan of Roslovic, he did have 4 points in 4 games with no PP1 time, so i think he definitely stays there for now.
Depends on if Lav values Ros's offense more than he hates his defense. About 6 minutes to go last night, defensive zone faceoff, we put out 93/20/16. Vinny wins draw, works to clear puck, then runs off for Ros. Puck goes into our end, Ros fails on 3, maybe 4 clearing attempts as we get stuck in our end for over a minute.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You mean you watched that game and can't figure out why Lindgren has on for 3 more chances than Fox? Lindgren played every single shift with Fox at ES. However, in the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd period we were badly outplayed and pinned in our own end. 2nd period was the long change. LD was the far change. Forwards don't get it deep, we couldn't change the LD. On the 2nd goal, Fox went off for Gus. Lindgren caught out there for 2 minutes. That goal was 1 chance, probably 2 as he scored on the rebound. Don't know how they score that, chance wise.

No I remember the shift because he was 50% responsible for that (the other going to Kreider who didn't even try to help out), even if that counts as 2 there were 2 more and they weren't split apart for very long.

I know you're a fan, but he is a massive problem for us. He and Fox's numbers away form each other (albeit the smallest of sample sizes) in this series are so starkly different and together they were pretty shit. We could have chalked it up to just a random occurrence if this weren't a thing in the regular season too.

If you look at the top 4 for other teams who you can consider "contenders", no one is playing a Ryan Lindgren level player in their top 4. @Machinehead mentioned it before, in 8 minutes away from Fox in this series, he managed to be on the ice for 7 scoring chances against and when they're together, he's dragging down Fox.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Panarin in the handshake line after his team wins is the funniest thing in hockey. He's so happy and thinks his opponents are happy for him as well lol.
"The loss hurts, sure, but we couldn't be happier for Artemi."

It helps that Mika stepped up. That line was much better overall.
MIka was one of the few Rangers last night who played smart the whole game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know I should be dissecting this series like everyone else but I’m ready to move onto to the next series already. Yeah sure they didn’t play their best at times and took long stretches off, but they got it done and in 4 games , against a team who really should not have made the playoffs. This was the results I was hoping for was even ok it going 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan